Warehouse

Medine

I’m not sure if the measurements changed but my pair of 1003xx (DD1946 model) are far from what I’d call wide. They’re a pretty classic straight and even a little slimmer through the thighs - more than I’d wanted - after multiple washes. I do have a small size (29), but the waist is perfect - where I think sizing up would be too much - so the given proportions are still relevant for me. 

1 hour ago, Duke Mantee said:

XX was the name of the early overalls made by LS&Co - I think that might be right up to 1900 or so, but there’s quite a few guys on here a lot more knowledgeable so they’ll probably add to that. 

I believe originally the XX meant "extra, extra strong" but now, I always thought it meant the weave of the denim (and the stitching thread count) is as close to the originals as they can get it. 

Thanks all for the clarification. That really helps. 

I nailed down the 1101/1100 to be my next pair. I read and learn that 1101 is the transition to 66 model and thus lacking some details of the 1100 (which is a 66). Does anyone know how different (if any) is the fit between 1100 and 1101?

I have checked out some “unused” listings on yahoo/ Mercari.  They are the dark denim type (not the “2nd hand” treated ones).  I found the measurement is quite strange.  The tag size (say 34) measures 43cm at waist.  What I read from previous page here saying this:

“Warehouse are usually 2” above tag in my experience (4 pairs) and will shrink 2-3 inches then stretch back as required, to raw dimensions if need be.” Mentioned by @Maynard Friedman (hi MF, hope you don’t mind me quoting this)

I am confused as the measurement is only the same as the tag size. My question is, should I be getting the 34 if my TTS is 34?

thanks again!

34 minutes ago, obama said:

Thanks all for the clarification. That really helps. 

I nailed down the 1101/1100 to be my next pair. I read and learn that 1101 is the transition to 66 model and thus lacking some details of the 1100 (which is a 66). Does anyone know how different (if any) is the fit between 1100 and 1101?

I have checked out some “unused” listings on yahoo/ Mercari.  They are the dark denim type (not the “2nd hand” treated ones).  I found the measurement is quite strange.  The tag size (say 34) measures 43cm at waist.  What I read from previous page here saying this:

“Warehouse are usually 2” above tag in my experience (4 pairs) and will shrink 2-3 inches then stretch back as required, to raw dimensions if need be.” Mentioned by @Maynard Friedman (hi MF, hope you don’t mind me quoting this)

I am confused as the measurement is only the same as the tag size. My question is, should I be getting the 34 if my TTS is 34?

thanks again!

The difference is probably if you’re looking at raw vs one wash jeans. Raw 2” big and shrink down, one wash probably measure around tag.

Given previous convos about this I think I’m kind of alone in this experience but my one pair of WH I took one size down from what I take for the same waist in  sugar cane or Freewheelers (30). 

56 minutes ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

The difference is probably if you’re looking at raw vs one wash jeans. Raw 2” big and shrink down, one wash probably measure around tag.

Given previous convos about this I think I’m kind of alone in this experience but my one pair of WH I took one size down from what I take for the same waist in  sugar cane or Freewheelers (30). 

Thanks for chiming in.  The sellers did not mention one wash or raw for the 1100 or 1101.  Do these normally sold as raw or one wash? It seems to be that  regardless of whether it is raw or one wash, I should be getting TTS or in your case down size 1” for the tag size?  

I just double checked the sales post. “リジット” translated to “rigid”.  Does it means raw?

Edited by obama

Yes, rigid means raw. My size 30 1001s are slightly loose at my waist—the waist measures almost exactly 30.5”, after a handful of wears. I’d agree w the above posters and go tts or down one depending on how you like the fit in the legs, wearing a belt or not, etc. Otherwise, don’t stress abt it too much, the 1101 is a great cut & very forgiving from what I have seen.

On 10/12/2023 at 8:50 AM, obama said:

Hi all! I am new to the denim / warehouse game.  Am researching my next pair (currently own the 800xx). Hope to gather some opinion here regarding the following models based on the silhouette and availability.

I do enjoy the 47 and 66 cut so far but open to explore other shape.  But I found the hem size of 23 is my upper limit. So I am not a fan of very wide jeans.  (1003xx was ruled out due to its wide hem size) 

1001xx (1947cut) vs 1100 (66) 

- wonder what’s the general comment here on both cuts?  Can I presume when compared to 1100, the 1001 has higher rise and wider leg room but tigher on the top block?  How does the 1001xx compared to the sugarcane 47 and the 1100 compared to Resolute 710?
    - when I searched for eg 1100, seems only the “2nd hand” is available?

1101 - I learnt it is repro of the 66 cut. What’s the difference between 1101/1100 regarding the shape?

Is there any meaning of xx in the model number?  Also, wonder why warehouse is appealing to you compared to the other Osaka 5 as the listed price is relatively high.  I guess the accuracy on the details is a big thing?

Any thoughts welcomed.  Any subjective recommendation of other choices will also be appreciated.   many thanks. 

Here are my 1001xx heavy ounce after a handful of washes and a few hot dryer runs. The denim starts off very soft right away (maybe mine are an outlier? Bought non wash. They were never rigid or stiff at all). They continue to shrink slightly in length. The waist and top block tighten up with each wash but stretch back out quickly. They are the most comfortable pair of jeans I’ve ever worn. The fit feels like a middle ground straight fit. Not too slim, not too wide. IMG_7627.thumb.jpeg.36127ee060a28f31b5437ce3cbb831c1.jpegIMG_7628.thumb.jpeg.e095c2e8ea8bd7bc0a6c56e26087af42.jpeg

3 hours ago, LanceP86 said:

👋 Does anyone have any experience with the shrinkage of the DSB denim? And also how much do they stretch back out with wear?

I have a Warehouse 1001XX (1000XX) 1954 - 32x32, and they are pretty big raw.

Shrink a lot. Be careful.

10 hours ago, Talan said:

Shrink a lot. Be careful.

but in waist will come after couple of days of wear back to original size....

Edited by vIGGiou riou

On 10/27/2023 at 9:57 AM, Thanks_M8 said:

Hell yeah. Do you still wear them? Or to ask a bit more blunt: do you want to get rid of them? :D

They’re too tight for me sadly. And too tight for 00. So they’re up for grabs if someone is interested.

God damn good pair of jeans.