The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

I've been wearing these frequently for about 2 years now. They have been washed many times. Although if I could start it over again, I wouldn't have washed them.

Before:

ler0099a0am.jpg

ler0099b3xw.jpg

ler0099c3nz.jpg

After:

levisredfront1uz.jpg

levisredback1hx.jpg

levisredbackseat5fv.jpg

levisredbackrightpocket5cj.jpg

levisredtag0oo.jpg

Now let's see yours! :D

Quote: would you say that a looser fitting denim takes longer to develop a nice wear?

Yea. Look at women's dry jeans. I've seen some that a girl wore for like 3 months without washing and they were more distressed than a lot of 6 monthers. It's because since they're so tight, the creases are much deeper.

Quote:

Kiz, do you walk around your house in those without any shoes on?

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Jul 28, 2005 12:39 AM

i wear my pair of Rainbow sandals almost everywhere. the jeans are long so i let them sit between my sandals and my feet as a sort of heel cushion. thats where all the wear comes from.

i think they are progressing well for 2 and 1/2 months. I'm just living in em and i love them. When i bought them I thought they'd be way too tight but they're actually a bit too loose for my liking now. Oh well I still love them, but I'm considering a pair of Cure of New standards after these.

Quote:

yea, I'm fat.. do you know what are those defects in the back of the knees?

--- Original message by Geowu on Jul 31, 2005 07:02 PM

those aren't defects. some people here would kill to get those honeycombs. icon_smile_big.gif

good job!

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

i'm so confused now...THAT'S considered too tight? So then what is ok? I've always been one of those who likes their jeans baggy so I've stayed silent on this whole APC New Standards love-fest here because I tried them on once and to me, those shits are TIGHT...how does ANYONE wear them? Despite the salesperson trying to convince me that that was teh way they're supposed to fit I bought the English instead. I also see the pics of Slimane's jeans for Dior and I can't understand why jeans doubling as tights are considered cool. I thought tight was in and that it was just something I didn't understand but now I'm getting a different picture. How about someone who thinks they fit into a pair of New Standards correctly, pose for a pic and post it online?

Quote:

i'm so confused now...THAT'S considered too tight? So then what is ok? I've always been one of those who likes their jeans baggy so I've stayed silent on this whole APC New Standards love-fest here because I tried them on once and to me, those shits are TIGHT...how does ANYONE wear them? Despite the salesperson trying to convince me that that was teh way they're supposed to fit I bought the English instead. I also see the pics of Slimane's jeans for Dior and I can't understand why jeans doubling as tights are considered cool. I thought tight was in and that it was just something I didn't understand but now I'm getting a different picture. How about someone who thinks they fit into a pair of New Standards correctly, pose for a pic and post it online?

--- Original message by shinobi2000 on Jul 31, 2005 09:26 PM

In my opinion, the New Standards should be rocked by guys that look like this:

apcbefore30xh.jpg

apcbefore20xn.jpg

There should always be some slack between the jeans and the legs. Guys that are a bit meatier would be better suited in buying a pair of the APC Rescues rather then the Unisex New Standards.

Quote:

I feel the same way. I tried on a pair of APC New Standards in size 30" waist and while the fit around the waist and butt area was ok, the leg area fit wayyyy too tight. It literally felt painted on. I have no clue how people would even consider fitting into the APC "Tight" jeans or any of the Dior Homme jeans. I guess those are made for people that are stick-skinny. Or maybe the New Standards do loosen up quite a bit after some wear?

Quote:
Quote:

In my opinion, the New Standards should be rocked by guys that look like this:

apcbefore30xh.jpg

apcbefore20xn.jpg

There should always be some slack between the jeans and the legs. Guys that are a bit meatier would be better suited in buying a pair of the APC Rescues rather then the Unisex New Standards.

--- Original message by bed on Jul 31, 2005 09:44 PM

That actually looks OK. I guess you really do have to be rail-thin to pull off the New Standards. Although I must say, I really can't get used to that slightly tapered leg opening... it makes those sneakers look freakishly long...

I'm flattered, really... But you dudes are posting way too many pictures of me. icon_smile_wink.gif

Honestly though it's a matter of personal opinion and lifestyle I guess. I wear my shit slim, as you can see. I don't really feel uncomfortable at all. And like someone mentioned, denim does stretch and mold to your body.

I'm a thin dude though, so I can rock like that. If I were to rock some super oversized baggy joints, you know how much more slim I would come off as?

I guess you should just stick to what you like. Don't start wearing some slim jeans just because a bunch of people dig that shit, if your not confident in your look.

By the way... You know what freakishly long sneakers mean, right?

Edited by TragicBliss on Jul 31, 2005 at 11:30 PM

geowu -- i think its darker in the crack of your knee bc those honey combs are deeper set. the ones on your upper thigh and below your knee, they probably get rubbed when your sitting while the darker parts are smushed in the crack of your knee and don't get rubbed

Quote:

meh, im currently wearing standerds and imo they look fine and im a pretty big guy.....6ft 220 lbs.....but i guess you would have to know what i look like

--- Original message by kixslf on Aug 1, 2005 12:16 AM

I would love to see pics on how you look with them on!

I originally wanted to order the New Standards, but decided to order the Rescues as I felt they would fit my body contour a bit better. I am afraid I would end up with no room for my legs, similar to how Geowu looks with his pair on (no offense, just a matter of preference).

Edited by bed on Aug 1, 2005 at 02:29 AM

Firstly, props to geowu for posting pics- i think that the jeans will wear nicely which leads me to my comment-

i have the english and because they are not skin tight i don't seem to getting the same creases, logically i know this makes sense but was wondering if anyone else has this 'problem'?

creases aren't going to be as abundant or as tightly spaced w/looser fitting jeans like the english...the creases on looser jeans also just by nature tend not to fade as fast because the fabric has more room to move around on your leg instead of being abraded...and that's just fine! at the end of the day a cut that looks good on you and that you like is better than hordes of high-contrast wear marks just for the sake of it...

Quote: I would love to see pics on how you look with them on!

werd, i posted a pic in the face thread but ill throw it down in here as well

i have a huge upperbody.....anyways, ill take pics of me standing later, dont feel like it right now

9sb5z9.jpg