SUPERFUTURE® has always taken your privacy seriously. SUPERFUTURE® is committed to protecting your personal privacy and preventing any loss, alteration and/or inappropriate use of submitted information. Information submitted and collected by SUPERFUTURE® is used to improve the SUPERFUTURE® Web Site and to enable us to inform you of news and events. SUPERFUTURE® always provides you with an opt-out option if you wish to cease receiving such correspondence or notifications. Aggregated data may be reported to SUPERFUTURE®‘s sponsors and clients, but submitted personal information will not, on any account, be sold, forwarded or revealed to any third party, except as may be required by applicable law, regulation or legal process. Log files are maintained and analysed for all requests for files on this website’s web servers. Log files do not capture personal information but do capture the user’s IP address, which is automatically recognized by our web servers. If any problem arises, or you would like to confirm or amend your submitted information, then you can login to your SUPERFUTURE® account. SUPERFUTURE® operate multiple data collection points.
For supertalk members you can access and modify your profile at: https://supertalk.superfuture.com/settings For all other issues please contact SUPERFUTURE® at https://superfuture.com/pages/contact/
Alternatively you can contact us at:
SUPERFUTURE PTY. LTD.
C/O L3 180 ALBERT STREET
SOUTH MELBOURNE 3205
If you wish to stop receiving any correspondence from SUPERFUTURE®, please contact SUPERFUTURE® at https://superfuture.com/pages/contact/
When you register on our Site, we will collect some personal information from you, such as your name, email address, date of birth, country of origin, location, social media accounts and other data you upload or enter into your profile. This personal data is entered by you during the application or registration process or shared by you through another social media service, in order to become a member of SUPERFUTURE®, or other use of SUPERFUTURE® Services. Purchase of our products on our websites. While your credit card number is validated on the Site, your credit card number and payment details are stored exclusively by our third party payment providers and not by us. We may also collect data about your navigation of the Site on an aggregate basis, such as your Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), which is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you navigate the Site, your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), your login frequency, the pages you visited within the Site, and the Internet browser or device you are using. You may also voluntarily provide personal information when you send us an enquiry or support request via email. When you contact us, we keep a record of your communication, and may use third party service providers (e-mail system provider). Any information you disclose in public areas of the Site may become public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these areas. We are not responsible for any use by third parties of personal information disclosed by you in public areas of the Site.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site.
- Analytical/performance/statistical cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies may record your visit to the Site and the pages you have visited on our Site.
Why we collect
Information collected may be used to provide and improve our products and service of the Site; for billing, identification and authentication purposes; to analyse the Site usage for statistical purposes; to manage and improve our products and the Site; to deliver administrative and informative notices and communications relevant to your use of our products and the Site; for internal market research; for troubleshooting problems; for detecting, protecting against and preventing fraudulent or other criminal activity; for distribution to third party contractors who provide services to us (such as our email server) who are bound by our privacy restrictions or restrictions at least as restrictive as those set forth in this policy; to enforce our Terms of Service.
Who we share with
We may disclose your personal information:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- To identify, contact or bring legal action against you if you are violating our Terms of Service or other rules or if we believe you are causing injury or interference with the rights of members, the general public or SUPERFUTURE®;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us will be some of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others.
- In the event that you raise a payment dispute and your bank or credit card provider requests data supporting your transaction and use of the SUPERFUTURE® Service.
Opting in or out
Where we store and transfer
SUPERFUTURE® may retain information submitted by you following application/termination/deactivation of your Membership, ensuring that you will benefit from communications, and to allow for (re-)activation of your Membership at a later point in time. If you de-register from all SUPERFUTURE® Services, we may retain information submitted by you or collected from you, for such time as is reasonably necessary for backup, archival and/or audit purposes, to prevent fraud or other criminal activity, or prevent violation of our Terms of Service and for such time as may be required by applicable laws. We will remove personal information by deleting it from our database if required to do so by law. We will also delete personal information upon your request in line with the right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) according to Art. 17 GDPR and similar local and national regulations elsewhere. According to Art. 16 GDPR (and similar local and national regulations elsewhere), following the right to rectification, we will also rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you (for both, send e-mail request to [email protected]). We regularly review the way we collect, store and process information, including physical security measures, in order to protect our systems from any unauthorized access. All of our services are fully encrypted using SSL. Access to any personal information is limited to SUPERFUTURE® staff, contractors and agents, to the extent relevant to their job duties (such as processing certain information). Anyone with access to private data is bound by strict confidentiality obligations.
Access to information
GDPR and other local and national regulations give you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with these Acts, subject to any fees that SUPERFUTURE® may be permitted to charge you under such Acts (send e-mail request to [email protected]).
Notification of new uses
This policy is effective as at 25 May 2018
Updated 31 December 2020