Discuss all things related to urban techwear. Post history of the movement, emerging brands, products, looks. Discuss materials, construction, cuts. It would help if those who have first hand experience with handling a product could give feedback for those who have only seen many of these pieces on the internet.

Brands (will update):

techninj

ACRONYM®
ADIDAS Y-3
maharishi
Nike ACG. All Conditions Gear
Stone Island Shadow Project
CIVILIZED
4dimension® — Home
0608 TECH WEAR

CCP x Softs

casual tech

OUTLIER
Makers & Riders
MINISTRY OF SUPPLY
Proof NY
Alchemy
THE ARRIVALS
American Trench
Hancock Vulcanised Articles
Finisterre UK
QORKIT.com
Levi's Commuter
ATMOS LAB
VIVOBAREFOOT US | Barefoot Running Shoes | Minimalist Trainers
V E L T
BENJAMINS

tech focused fashion

Arc'teryx Veilance
and wander | アンドワンダー
AETHER Apparel
ISAORA
Mission Workshop
nanamica
Nau Clothing
Stone Island
Ten-C
EFM Menswear
Snow Peak

Boneville | Menswear Inspired by Massimo Osti

Norwegian Rain

fashion with tech experiments

CP Company
Enfin Levé
herno laminar guide
mastermind JAPAN
nonnative
The North Face PURPLE LABEL
SOPHNET.
STAHL CORP.
visvim
White Mountaineering
Loro Piana
OAMC
11 BY BBS
BEAMS Official Web Site
Inbar Levi

Z Zegna

futuristic

AITOR THROUP
FINAL HOME
Introduction « FYi Design Dept.
Womenswear | Iris van Herpen
Mary Mattingly

runway

Hussein Chalayan
ISSEY MIYAKE
Junya Watanabe
RAF SIMONS
RICK OWENS
PRADA
Christopher Ræburn
Boris Bidjan Saberi
UNDERCOVER
Devoa

athletic and biking

Burton
Rapha
Vulpine
MOVER
ashmei
Giro

outdoor

Arc'teryx / Outdoor Clothing, Technical Outerwear & Accessories
Descente
Aztech Mountain
Nigel Cabourn
COLDSMOKE
Rohan
Patagonia
Moncler
Stutterheim Raincoats
Klättermusen
The North Face
Columbia Sportswear
Helly Hansen
Marmot
Canada Goose
Ibex Outdoor Clothing
Icebreaker
Westcomb
Páramo

Norse Projects

Tilak

Hiltrek

military

Arc'teryx LEAF / Law Enforcement & Armed Forces
ENDLESS AMMO
Crye Precision
OTTE GEAR | tactical and military gear
Triple Aught Design
Beyond Clothing
MA.STRUM | Military Inspired Technical Outerwear & Apparel

women

women only:
Pivotte, The Willary, Trout, Hillary Day, Iva Jean, Contourwear, Erin Snow, NikeLab x JFS, NikeLab x Sacai

men & women:
Acronym, Outlier, Snow Peak, Aether, maharishi, Christopher Raeburn, White Mountaineering, The Arrivals, Undercover, Loro Piana, Rapha, Nau, nanamica, Prana, Ligne8, Betabrand, Klattermusen, mackintosh, Icebreaker, Descente Allterrain, Atmos Lab, Alchemy, Helly Hansen, Ibex, Vulpine, Giro, howies, Holden, stio, Stutterheim's Lydia, Norwegian Rain, Norse Projects, Rains, Herno Laminar

Edited by ordo
thanks SuE for the update

This new Oakley line from Japan was recently brought to my attention by Cotton Duck. I wonder if the earbud holders contravene Errolson's patent? It's too bad that they slap their logo on there. One of the prime rules of Urban Techwear or Techninj, as we affectionately call it, is "thou shalt not slap your giant logo on clothes!" Stealth is the word.

MORE HERE :: http://www.hayabusa.bz/news/2011/02/oakley-high-function-line.php

Just plugging Outlier's stuff. Their tech pants are ridiculously amazing. I used to wear denim when on plane rides/etc/nasty 3rd world transportation, and just use these instead. they dry a lot faster, are more comfortable in 95ºF+ heat, and can resist stains/water as well.

Wore them in 0ºF and was fine. Snow came right off to boot.

in other news: how can i reserve an acronym smuggler's jacket for fw11/12? I know a lot of u have subnet access, and was wondering if somebody could help hook it up.

thanks.

we should get some images in here to,personal urban tech selections etc,Veilance s11 is hitting store in the next week I think,s11 line was shown on uomo vogue a few weeks back

http://www.vogue.it/en/uomo-vogue/what-and-where-to-buy/2011/01/arc-teryx-veilance

stand outs for me are composite jacket and the 2 windshell pieces which are really nice and excellent summer pieces

Always find this kind of steeze very appealing, probably as I'm a cyclist. Every now and again I go on the outlier website and lust after pretty much every pair of trews.

Anyone been/going to the outlier NY sale this weekend? Looks like there are some serious bargains (someone kop me any trousers in a 28 plz :o )

Always find this kind of steeze very appealing, probably as I'm a cyclist. Every now and again I go on the outlier website and lust after pretty much every pair of trews.

I have some of the gray Outlier 4Season OG Pants which are good value for the money.

But my favourite pants I have BY FAR, are the Veilance Canvas Jeans. Lightweight, great fit - most comfortable pants I own.

It is just too bad that the photos on their site do not show off the clothes as well as they might.

those CP images are great!

Last season they brought back one of the Urban Protection series jackets - the Metropolis Jacket.

Blurb :: "The metropolis was originally created in 1998 and has been reissued in the form of the nylon dynafil metropolis field jacket. This is the first jacket to include an anti-smog mask. It maintains the original nylon based anti tear, anti-abrasion, oil and water resistant, dynalfil TS-70 fabric. The special anti-smog mask filters against the micro, dust particles in urban surrounding. Adjustable drawstring hood for improved fit. Velcro fastening to front of hood. Left breast pocket with concealed zip fastening. Right breast pocket with press stud fastening. Removable ID tag to front. Adjustable velcro straps to sides of jacket. Adjustable velcro straps to cuffs. Black chunky zip with dual zip. Horizontal pocket to left front with large CP Company logo and velcro fastening. Internal pocket with velcro fastening. Fleece lining to jacket."

cp-company-metropolis-01.jpg

cp-company-metropolis-02.jpg

Ordo, did you end up getting a pair of the Veilance Stealth pants? Ended up putting a rather large hole in the knee of my pair, and have been weighing getting a duplicate or trying the Canvas Jeans....

I have the Canvas Jeans and I highly recommend them - though I have never tried on the Stealth Pants to know the difference in fit. Maybe Seenmy could speak to that.

I am wearing them here:

2011-11-27.jpg

Holy fuck. The CP urban protection move jacket CAME with a scooter. Hahahaa, next level jacket shit.

http://www.found-nyc.com/blog/2009/02/05/closer-look-at-the-urban-protection-move/

Also, I think a lot of you might like this: Porter 3-way bag

urban flexibility for any scenario.

http://en.item.rakuten.com/galleria/622-09308/

yeah the inclusion and concept of that scooter with the jacket is fuckin terrible. Seriously questions how they can make such a great jacket and include such a terrible piece of pop culture with it. SMH

XY that Porter bag has been a staple in Jap land for the last decade. I personally got the extra laptop compartment version in the black beauty. Standard ops for work.

yeah the inclusion and concept of that scooter with the jacket is fuckin terrible. Seriously questions how they can make such a great jacket and include such a terrible piece of pop culture with it. SMH

That whole line had some fairly strange pieces:

REST backpack stool

rest_ss_0002_3.jpg

As worn:

rest__0000_1.jpg

LIFE which came with headphones:

_0000_Life.jpg

_0002_Life.jpg

Original Metropolis Jacket with mask

33204E58_02.jpg\combined_0.jpg

combined_1.jpg

LIGHT which came with flashlight

uplight_0000_1.jpg

ATLAS which has an inflatable collar

atlas_01.jpg

atlas_02.jpg

And that is not even going into their transformable range.

One last crazy jacket from the CP archives - the Stainless Steel Jacket.

"Unlike the more common Pure Metal Shell jackets, the woven metal on the Stainless Steel jacket is extremely delicate and prone to rips and snags."

stainless_01.jpg

stainless_02.jpg

"One common mistake is referring to all Pure Metal Shell jackets as the Stainless Steel Jacket. The true Stainless Steel Jacket is a woven metal (shown above right), while the Pure Metal Shell jackets just have a metal coating applied to the outer layer of the fabric."