thought i'd share some field overshirt impressions:
- the fabric is dope. it's a very structured canvas-type weave with a slightly stiff hand. i feel like AV could sell the unique visual and tactile qualities of their fabrics better in their copy or photography.
- the fabric weight and boxy cut make it feel more like a jacket than a shirt. def an outerwear piece. you could size up if you want to layer a thin sweat underneath. the term 'overshirt' is very apt as it has a distinctly military feel.
- size is, as always for AV, tts. it is however slightly tight in the shoulders. i'm fairly muscular and at the upper end of a M (wear a size large tees) and an L might have been a little more comfortable but would have an even boxier look.
- not a fan of cobrax snaps on the cuffs - reg snaps would be easier to use.
- something that the pictures don't show well is that you can wear the collar in three positions: regular button up shirt style, military shirt style (folded flat) and up. up gives more of a jacket type silhouette.