Warehouse

Medine

2 hours ago, reallypeacedoff said:

Went for the Denime but ended up with some 1001XX. Interestingly, the red tab is stitched over into the jean.

IMG_9083.thumb.JPG.1ce20afc121dbf68a2b0f3f34213806a.JPG

I have the Duck Digger 1947 version of the 1001xx and love them, except for the short inseam which forces me to wear them Hayashi-style. The denim grows on me every time that I wear them. They also seem like incredibly fast faders, especially in the knees (and I'm not even a dad for a few more months). Creases feel like they set very quickly too. The patch for the normal 1001xx is a bit more tasteful than the weirdly cooked patch for the DD version.

The stitched down and illegible red tab is a post Levi's lawsuit workaround. You probably could pop out the outer tab seams to make it more like the Levi's tab if you prefer.

4 hours ago, reallypeacedoff said:

Went for the Denime but ended up with some 1001XX. Interestingly, the red tab is stitched over into the jean.

IMG_9083.thumb.JPG.1ce20afc121dbf68a2b0f3f34213806a.JPG

Nice score! My 800xx had the tab stitched down the same way, but I just unplucked the threads and its a normal red tab now. I think that helps them skirt legal trouble with Levi, if I had to guess.

@blooming has it stayed intact? I remember when they first started doing this a couple folks tried picking the stitches and their tabs ended up disintegrating over the next few wishes, I guess just from the damage done by the bar tacks. I never wanted to risk it with mine. Maybe they’ve changed how they do it?

14 hours ago, Ciabatta said:

Hinoya finally has some in stock online. One washed?? Would love measurements when you get a chance!

When I get back, I'll post the measurements. 👍🏻 Yep, one washed so should help with raw sizes on Hinoya. 

Don't think I will screw around with the tab, kinda like it flattened out.

The worst part of all my denim buying is that I won't be wearing any of them for at least a year. I entered the Indigo Invitational Y4 and will most likely be going a slimmer pair for the year. But I might bust out a few pairs when the IIY4 pair is washing/drying etc. 

1 hour ago, Ciabatta said:

@reallypeacedoff You’ve been on a roll! We’re pretty much the same size and you’ve purchased all the pairs of jeans I’ve had my eyes on while on your trip. I’ve been living vicariously through you. 

Glad to be of service! I just touched down so will post the measurements of everything later on this afternoon. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 3:41 PM, jewellben said:

So as a Warehouse virgin I purchased a pair of 1000xx last month. They’ve had two machine washes to remove the shrinking (no detergent etc). But I can’t believe how soft the denim has gone. Is this normal?

That has been my experience. I sometimes wish they were a bit more rigid but the softness is unbelievably comfortable. 

This is my pair after many machine washes and runs through the dryer. 

IMG_8694.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Gave my small rotation of jeans a wash to start the new year. Here’s my WH Duck Digger 1001xx 1947. I’ve personally had them about 4-5 months although I bought them secondhand with a few prior wears and minimal to no fading. They’ve had at least 3 washes and really probably at least 4. I wear them a couple to a few times per week primarily rotating them with TCB 50s. 

They’re still not well faded but I can see the onset of some early fading. The coin pocket lightning strike fades are most evident. Some early roping on the hems, nascent train tracks, and puckering on the seams as well. If you look closely there are the beginnings of some lap fades as well. A few pocket opening and crotch stitches broke nearly immediately but they haven’t progressed further. May need a preemptive crotch reinforcement in near future just to be safe. They feel right at the start of accelerated fading, especially once I become a dad in a few months. So it will be interesting to see how these develop in the next few months. 

Not a big fan of the factory distressed patch and oxidized buttons but the banner denim and fit makes up for it in my book. 

IMG_2144.jpeg

IMG_2145.jpeg

IMG_2146.jpeg

IMG_2155.jpeg

IMG_2158.jpeg

IMG_2185.jpeg

IMG_2157.jpeg

IMG_2154.jpeg

IMG_2148.jpeg

IMG_2149.jpeg

IMG_2147.jpeg

IMG_2150.jpeg

IMG_2152.jpeg

IMG_2151.jpeg

IMG_2156.jpeg

IMG_2160.jpeg

12 hours ago, yung_flynn said:

Gave my small rotation of jeans a wash to start the new year. Here’s my WH Duck Digger 1001xx 1947. I’ve personally had them about 4-5 months although I bought them secondhand with a few prior wears and minimal to no fading. They’ve had at least 3 washes and really probably at least 4. I wear them a couple to a few times per week primarily rotating them with TCB 50s. 

They’re still not well faded but I can see the onset of some early fading. The coin pocket lightning strike fades are most evident. Some early roping on the hems, nascent train tracks, and puckering on the seams as well. If you look closely there are the beginnings of some lap fades as well. A few pocket opening and crotch stitches broke nearly immediately but they haven’t progressed further. May need a preemptive crotch reinforcement in near future just to be safe. They feel right at the start of accelerated fading, especially once I become a dad in a few months. So it will be interesting to see how these develop in the next few months. 

Not a big fan of the factory distressed patch and oxidized buttons but the banner denim and fit makes up for it in my book. 

IMG_2144.jpeg

IMG_2145.jpeg

IMG_2146.jpeg

IMG_2155.jpeg

IMG_2158.jpeg

IMG_2185.jpeg

IMG_2157.jpeg

IMG_2154.jpeg

IMG_2148.jpeg

IMG_2149.jpeg

IMG_2147.jpeg

IMG_2150.jpeg

IMG_2152.jpeg

IMG_2151.jpeg

IMG_2156.jpeg

IMG_2160.jpeg

Here's my DD-1001XX 1947's too - much the same as yours by the looks, though interesting to see the different arcuates on your pair!

I've had mine 4-5 months too, from new, and I was also surprised at the speed of the fading (pleasantly surprised, mind). I love wearing these, the comfort is next level - the banner denim feels great, and looks better every wash! 

(apologies for the food stains & dog hair - that's life for me at present)

I'm already a dad to two young girls (congratulations in advance) - can confirm it produces accelerated "vintage wear" on your clothing, it's also been a lesson in not being too precious over the state of pieces, which has been liberating, and as result has made things look better in my opinion. 

Also - this is my first post! Been an on and off lurker over the years but happy to be here! Hello!

IMG_9320.jpg

IMG_9319.jpg

IMG_9318.jpg

IMG_9317.jpg

IMG_9316.jpg

IMG_9315.jpg

IMG_9314.jpg

IMG_9313.jpg

IMG_9312.jpg

IMG_9311.jpg

Edited by Alec Leamas

@Alec Leamas Yes the original owner of these jeans picked the upside down arc before I got them.

The coin pocket lightning strike fades seems to be the most distinctive characteristic of these - more so than even the mainline 1001xx. The handful of faded pairs on Warehouse's website all seem to have that detail. My best guess for the reason is that the orientation of the coin pocket denim to the pocket bag denim to the leg denim is different between the standard 1001xx and the DD-1001xx. I posted about this in the Denime thread a couple weeks ago.

2 hours ago, nick682 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2PMuVmvSJ9/

It appears the Big E's are arriving at retailers

yes. I saw in new arrivals in Hinoya today..... so, in next days they should be available in all stores. but missing very fast. after I paid for w34 in Hinoya, immediately w34 disappear from offer...

I wasn’t planning on going back to Warehouse for a while, but they got me with this one. I have the banner denim version, and those are some of my favorite jeans. 

Is this new 1101 denim the raw version of denim used in the “Used-Wash” series? Both are 12oz 7x10 with a yellow selvedge line. https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=115655316

I worse these 1101s for 2 years 

IMG_9363.thumb.jpeg.fa6c93e16eb7dfa7871a34439730ed89.jpegIMG_9090.thumb.jpeg.ff97aa562529ac6051ec32944210ba62.jpeg

6 hours ago, cusswords said:

I wasn’t planning on going back to Warehouse for a while, but they got me with this one. I have the banner denim version, and those are some of my favorite jeans. 

Is this new 1101 denim the raw version of denim used in the “Used-Wash” series? Both are 12oz 7x10 with a yellow selvedge line. https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=115655316

I worse these 1101s for 2 years 

IMG_9363.thumb.jpeg.fa6c93e16eb7dfa7871a34439730ed89.jpegIMG_9090.thumb.jpeg.ff97aa562529ac6051ec32944210ba62.jpeg

👀 I think they might have snared me with these too. I think they are indeed the raw version of the second hand series - oddly enough on Hinoya they seem to have left the used wash version product info up on the page - perhaps intentional? Unsure, but yes, I may have to grab these, I have the used wash version already and while it might be a bit of a SuFu sin, I love them.