Levi's Vintage Clothing

That's interesting, I would not have guessed that at all. The jeans were just unremarkable in all ways, especially considering how much they were

Also, is it true LVC has been discontinued by Levi's? Heard this from a number of sources. Sad if true

LVC is finished yes, They will roll over certain styles into the Made in Japan line.

On a side note, I have some of the LVC catalogue books, I would be willing to part with:

FW16, SS17, FW18, FW19, SS19.  

I am happy to do a deal for Sufu members.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's a (possibly stupid) question for you, more specifically about vintage levis rather than lvc. So we all know the S in the s501, s506 etc is the wartime denomination. But what does the 'S' actually stand for?

Is it 'Simplified' perhaps.

Anyone know for sure?

I'd never questioned it 'til today.

Building on this Great War discussion, I'm wondering if anyone knows if the different war version from One Piece of Rock (talking here about the different factories in the Bay Area: SF, Santa Cruz, San Jose) are based on historical facts or just a fun way to distinguish between the range of product quality during WWII?

9 hours ago, kodachrome said:

Building on this Great War discussion, I'm wondering if anyone knows if the different war version from One Piece of Rock (talking here about the different factories in the Bay Area: SF, Santa Cruz, San Jose) are based on historical facts or just a fun way to distinguish between the range of product quality during WWII?

Well l don't know for sure if these are based on "historical facts" but l would certainly take any info from them with a huge pinch of salt after hearing that the 'one piece sleeve' model of their s406xxx (506xx repro) that was based on a model made in 1946 only, is in fact just a production quirk and many 506XX models made between 1946 and 1950 (and probably pre 1946) have this feature.

Tbh it's probably just their 'fun way' to distinguish between the range of product quality during WW2 for marketing purposes.