Vintage Levi's BIG E, was it or wasn't?

indoverificator

Hi All,

see you again on 2020 and I wish you all happy new year. this time I need your opinion about Levi's BIG E that I found at flea market few days ago. I found an old Levi's vest (its a jacket once before), this vest do not have a cinch back, I also cannot see the number on the back of button, tag was unavailable. only rivets, red tab and selvedge that I can see clearly. here's I send you the details. Hopefully someone here can give me an opinion regarding this Levi's. Any opinions are welcome, I do appreciated.

please let me know.

IMG_5492.jpg

IMG_5497.jpg

IMG_5502.jpg

IMG_5500.jpg

IMG_5499.jpg

IMG_5503.jpg

IMG_5504.jpg

IMG_5505.jpg

IMG_5506.jpg

Edited by indoverificator
adding additional photos

Buttons look wrong to me , there looks to be 2 rings in the center of these buttons where it should only be 1 then the center circle . 

Is there a cinch back attached ? Or evidence that there was one ?

Parts definitely point to it being vintage but there are other things ( buttons, artificial looking fade  , possible lack of cinch ) that make it look either repro or fake 

On 1/31/2020 at 5:10 AM, Flash said:

Buttons look wrong to me , there looks to be 2 rings in the center of these buttons where it should only be 1 then the center circle . 

Parts definitely point to it being vintage but there are other things ( buttons, artificial looking fade  , possible lack of cinch ) that make it look either repro or fake 

I will get back to you today with another pictures of button and inside jacket, in case we can dig more information from it. many thanks for your attention.

On 1/31/2020 at 1:26 AM, Paul T said:

I hate the fading too but it looks vintage to me. Would really need to see in the flesh but, for instance, none of the Levi's Japan reissues I've seen have the red selvage line fade like that, nor do you see that corrosion of the zinc on the reverse of the buttons.

here i send you another pictures of buttons, hopefully we can dig more info from it.

IMG_5520.jpg

IMG_5521.jpg

10 minutes ago, indoverificator said:

I will get back to you today with another pictures of button and inside jacket, in case we can dig more information from it. many thanks for your attention.

On 1/31/2020 at 5:10 AM, Flash said:

there's a mark inside the jacket, probable its a marked of cinch back, please have a look. I also posted another photos of buttons today. hopefully we can dig more info. thank you for sharing.

IMG_5523.jpg