Levi's Center Patch Jeans

Volgin

I checked the Encyclopedia thread and only one Levi's link didn't give a 404 error, so here goes nothing. I should add that a lot of the center patch jeans actually aren't vintage (at least the ones I'm looking for) and date back to around 2006. I've talked with Levi's support a handful of times and got nothing out of it. I'm trying to figure out what all the center patch pairs are. I know I haven't quite figured them all out, but I've found a few, though they seem very hard to come by, and obviously aren't currently in production. I'd really like to find a pair with the white "Quality Never Goes Out of Style" center patch. Something tells me I don't have the ideal wording, and if I knew exactly what to type, I could probably find a plethora of those jeans. When I google 519's, I have to block the words extreme or skinny (add a - in front of whatever word you don't want to see in the results) or I get mostly brand new pairs of 519's. Here's what I know so far:

This pair, which can be seen clearly in the first photo and on this store page (which has other photos of the same pair) appears to be 519 slim fit. However, they don't seem to be the normal 519 slim fit. One site I looked at called them "519 slim fit side adjusters". I have looked extensively over the past couple of weeks and was lucky to find that clear photo, as well as that store listing and one Ebay listing which sold a while back. On a side note, I found that 511 skinny leg (or a version, rather) seems to look the same, with the centered white patch and waist adjusters, but they too are hard to find. The 511's and 519's have a white patch that says, "Quality Never Goes Out of Style". There may be others as well.

http://www.enmodesenior.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Jean-Levis-avec-martingale-sur-le-côté.jpg

https://www.plintsale.top/jeans-c-1_105_1144/levis-519-slim-fit-jeans-blue-w33-l34-mens-stretch-denim-tall-long-p-20991.html

You may recognize these from the Moonbathing ads. They are part of the "Two Horse Brand" collection, which have a yellow and white patch and say "Two Horse Brand" on the patch. 506 and 511 look identical, while 509 has the addition of a cinch back. There might be other fit numbers I'm missing.

http://josephbennett.co.uk/20790/0x500/thumb10.jpg - Moonbathing ad 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362327161621 - 511 Slim Fit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EX-CON-Merns-Designer-LEVIS-506-Standard-30x34-Dark-Indigo-100-Cotton-Jeans/362281900617?hash=item5459af1a49%3Ag%3A~EEAAOSw-btavA5H&_sacat=0&_nkw=levi's+506+standard&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0 - 506 Standard

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEVIS-506-Standard-Straight-Blue-men-Jeans-Size-30-32/263825162810?hash=item3d6d34823a%3Ag%3AsU4AAOSwBdhbULZT&_sacat=0&_nkw=levi's+506+standard&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0 - Alternate 506 Standard?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Levis-509-Comfort-Fit-Jeans-W30-L31-Blue-Size-30R-Levi-Strauss-Cinchback/192336081751?hash=item2cc81fb357%3Ag%3AgJMAAOSw~vpZ5cU8&_sacat=0&_nkw=levi's+509+comfort+fit&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313 - 509 Comfort Fit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEVIS-503-JEANS-MENS-LOOSE-STRAIGHT-LEG-W30-L32-DARK-BLUE-STRAUSS-LEVH497/282580824984?hash=item41cb213398%3Ag%3Aj9UAAOSwF09ZcbcQ&_sacat=0&_nkw=levi's+503+loose&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313 - 503 Loose I found

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MENS-LEVI-STRAUSS-TWO-HORSE-BRAND-CLASSIC-STYLE-FIT-JEANS-SIZE-32-34/273314607508?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 Not sure what this pair is, but it has a sort of curved yoke instead of a straight one, and the arcuates are slanted.

Levi's Engineered has some center patch jeans as well, though I'm really trying to find more of the white patch pairs.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my little collection so far.

HxGUgmk.jpg

From left to right is, 506 Standard, 506 Standard Straight, 519 Slim, 506, and 519 Slim. The center patch 519 slims are the most comfortable pair of jeans I've ever had. I think they're stretch denim, and they almost don't even feel like jeans on the outside (very smooth). I'm only like 5'10 135lbs and the 506 and 506 Standard Straights fit just fine, although the 506s have long bottoms for some reason and I seem to step on them when I walk. The other 3 pairs were kinda tight, with the normal 519 slim not even buttoning. I've taken a couple of soaks with the center patch 519 slim fits and they went from what felt like super skinny to a little loose, albeit not like straight or loose fit jeans. The 506 Standard and normal 519 Slims I'll have to soak in as well and stretch them out.

• 2 weeks later...

In my original post, I was actually asking for help, but I couldn't stop thinking about it and kept searching until I figured it out. I'd still like to find out more, but all I can see is that center patch jeans were EU exclusive and most had the same names. Like if I google 506, I'd probably find a normal boring brown patch pair. If I google 519, I get bogged down with Extreme Skinny pairs and I have to actually omit those two words from the search (type - in front of the word and it won't show in the Google search results). Not only that, but once you narrow it down, then you start seeing the different horse patches and have to go even narrower for the center patch, and you can't just type center patch or you'll get 1-2 results, if that. I even typed white patch and started seeing orange tab jeans with a white square patch on the back pocket.

The 519 Slim Fit center patch were kinda small, but I guess they're stretch denim or something, because I barely feel the ridges of the denim, and I can pretty much pull on them with most of my might evenly and they almost feel like straight fit instead of slim. If you're interested, those 519's are called 24519's. The 24 I guess indicating the waist adjusters and center patch. 511 Skinny Leg also appears to look the same (there seems to be plenty of these in black, but not blue), and there's one other number I don't know. 

The dark 519's with the white patch are pretty common. I'm kind of drawn to the different patch. You can find those and other white patch pairs all over the internet. The one's I have are tight, and aren't stretch denim, so they're a little harder to stretch. They go all the way to my heels though, so it would be nice if I could stretch them another inch or so all around.

Unfortunately, that light pair with the yellow patch, doesn't have tags, but has a sort of weird plaid inside (if that's any indicator) and the red Levi's tab is sewn to the jeans (not an actual tab I guess). Those are either 512's or 506's. Those are strangely long on the back and almost go half under my foot, but not so much on the top.

The brown patch 506's have Type 1 style arcuates with the bonus of a center patch, and they, being Straight, fit me the best I'd say. The yellow patch 506's need to be stretched.

A small issue I had with most of the pairs was, they stunk when I took them out of the shipping bags. One of the pairs was actually shipped in a tiny box the shape of a 2x4 that looked like I was getting a telescope. I read that when shipping internationally, sometimes people will use formaldehyde on jeans. It was super strong on one pair, and the center patch 519's have a different smell I can't figure out, and it's spreading.

Interesting! I like Levi's and knowing more about their history. Sorry I have no insight to give on these center patch jeans. I never even knew of their existence until you posted. I live in the states, so that would make sense if they were a EU exclusive. Thanks again for sharing.

Mostly, I was browsing the wayback archive looking at old stuff. I remember looking at some of it as a kid but never paying too much attention to anything but the ads. I kinda wish I could go back in time about 11 years and see if those center patch jeans were normal.

looking at the pics and the back pocket stitching it reminds me of the early Red line and Engineered line - limited collections/collaborations and efforts to re-position and re-invent the brand.

I had 2-3 models 10-15 years ago, but those items have vanished...

The yellow patch ones are "Two Horse Brand". That's what it says on the patch and searching that gets a fair amount of results. The white patch and the woven (faded) patch ones say "Quality Never Goes Out of Style". Hard to find those jeans searching that phrase.

I don’t thinks so - I assume the pic has been taken to put the patches next to each other...

looking at the waistbands and belt loops I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that one or two of the pairs are fake. But then, one has to remember that 20 years ago when Levi’s came out with Red & Engineered some pretty weird stuff hit the street!