Warehouse

Medine

10 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

With BEARS you now they measured the jeans themselves (accoridng to their guide). With Celluloid I believe they just copied the numbers provided by Warehouse

That's what I was thinking. I ended up ordering a 31, I'm hoping I made the right choice!

34 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

With BEARS you now they measured the jeans themselves (accoridng to their guide). With Celluloid I believe they just copied the numbers provided by Warehouse

Great tip, checking their measurements now!

What do you know about the John Gluckow brand? Is that like MFSC, an independent brand partnering with a Japanese maker? Is the quality on par with the rest of Warehouse?

Edited by JDelage

You can compare the 1101 to a raw 1001xx on both Bears and Hinoya, but even after doing that I’m still confused on the fit. The “used-wash” models look like they fit quite small. Either way I took my usual Warehouse size. 

I’m excited to see Warehouse take on a more casual 60s denim. I  always thought it was a bit odd that for all of Warehouse’s accurate details they would use their 30s denim for a pair of 60s jeans. I held out on the Denime 66 and I’m glad I did since these have the arcs and the red tab. 

If anyone has any recommendations for a mail in chainstitch service in the US feel free to dm me. I need a proper ‘66 fit. I’ve used Indigo Proof before but her prices are getting up there (which I totally understand). 

4 hours ago, cusswords said:

You can compare the 1101 to a raw 1001xx on both Bears and Hinoya, but even after doing that I’m still confused on the fit. The “used-wash” models look like they fit quite small. Either way I took my usual Warehouse size. 

I’m excited to see Warehouse take on a more casual 60s denim. I  always thought it was a bit odd that for all of Warehouse’s accurate details they would use their 30s denim for a pair of 60s jeans. I held out on the Denime 66 and I’m glad I did since these have the arcs and the red tab. 

If anyone has any recommendations for a mail in chainstitch service in the US feel free to dm me. I need a proper ‘66 fit. I’ve used Indigo Proof before but her prices are getting up there (which I totally understand). 

The used wash do fit very small indeed. Inseam is ideal for me but I had to size up to a 36 to get the thigh room I need (usually 32/34 in Warehouse).

I was also confused by the fit on the Big E’s. After comparing a few wildly different size charts I went straight down the middle with a 33. Excited nonetheless. Not bought a raw pair in a while so happy about having a good faff around with washes and hemming.

On 1/18/2024 at 10:17 PM, vIGGiou riou said:

yes. I saw in new arrivals in Hinoya today..... so, in next days they should be available in all stores. but missing very fast. after I paid for w34 in Hinoya, immediately w34 disappear from offer...

Ordered mine from Hinoya too - they took me on an emotional journey. Emailed after I ordered to say they would not be in stock until Wednesday 24th, but have emailed me again today to say they're ready to ship! Great little Monday message!

Warehouse has a product page up for the 1101s now. It says a newly developed 7 x 7 denim and the measurements are definitely smaller than what Hinoya has posted, but is still in line with the other Warehouse models. Seems like taking your usual Warehouse size is the way to go. If the package gods are good to me I should have a pair of 1101s at home, and I’ll send them off for a hem next. 

https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=172090178

16 hours ago, cusswords said:

Warehouse has a product page up for the 1101s now. It says a newly developed 7 x 7 denim and the measurements are definitely smaller than what Hinoya has posted, but is still in line with the other Warehouse models. Seems like taking your usual Warehouse size is the way to go. If the package gods are good to me I should have a pair of 1101s at home, and I’ll send them off for a hem next. 

https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=172090178

I wondered when it would pop up, I'm glad there was a 33 available for these as I've often thought it would be just the ticket - 32 runs tight for me and 34 leaves a bit too much spare, for their one wash versions anyway.

Would love to see them if they have arrived! I'm expecting mine Friday.

I received my Warehouse 1101 BigE 1970
For those interested, here are the raw measurements for a size W33:
Waist: 44cm
Front rise: 31 cm
Back rise: 42.5
Thigh (top): 33 cm
Inseam: 90 cm
Leg opening: 21.5 cm

I will machine wash them at 40° and I will give the measurements.

19 hours ago, cmo said:

Are these a similar fit to Resolute 710?

Hello, the 1101 BigE 1970 is still quite different from the Resolute 710. The 710 is much more fitted, especially in the thighs and leg opening. The 1101 is a good alternative to the 710 if you find the 710 lacking in top block space.

2 hours ago, CharlieMike said:

I received my Warehouse 1101 BigE 1970
For those interested, here are the raw measurements for a size W33:
Waist: 44cm
Front rise: 31 cm
Back rise: 42.5
Thigh (top): 33 cm
Inseam: 90 cm
Leg opening: 21.5 cm

I will machine wash them at 40° and I will give the measurements.

Absolutely delightful reading - just the kind of numbers I was hoping for!

Mine are currently sat in a DHL hub in Leipzig due to "adverse weather conditions" so not mega hopeful for them arriving tomorrow.

3 hours ago, CharlieMike said:

Does anyone know how much the 1101 BigE (n° 7 x n° 7) weighs? In oz? Thank you in advance

13-13,5 oz

Edited by vIGGiou riou

22 minutes ago, Alec Leamas said:

Absolutely delightful reading - just the kind of numbers I was hoping for!

Mine are currently sat in a DHL hub in Leipzig due to "adverse weather conditions" so not mega hopeful for them arriving tomorrow.

Same as you. Leipzig "in hold"....

2 minutes ago, vIGGiou riou said:

Same as you. Leipzig "in hold"....

Ahh no!

Makes you wonder about the sheer numbers of jeans in cargo depots at any one time!

EDIT: Have arrived in the UK and seem on track for tomorrow.

Edited by Alec Leamas

5 minutes ago, Alec Leamas said:

Ahh no!

Makes you wonder about the sheer numbers of jeans in cargo depots at any one time!

EDIT: Have arrived in the UK and seem on track for tomorrow.

And now I see, my package is in Malpensa Italy. So, tomorrow will come north ....

Tried to capture the colour of the raw fabric here, it's very "light blue" with an almost greyish look, not one I've seen on any other pair in my very short experience.

No chance to wash them this weekend so @CharlieMike I'm keen to see your post-wash measurements, I'll be throwing them in at 40 as soon as I can do.

IMG_9453.jpg

IMG_9452.jpg

IMG_9455.jpg

I washed my 1101 BigE 1970, here are the measurements for a raw W33 / 1 wash at 40 degrees:

Warehouse 1101 BigE 1970 Raw / 1 wash
Waist: 44cm/40cm
Front rise: 31 cm / 28.5 cm
Back rise: 42.5 cm / 38 cm
Thigh (top): 33 cm / 31 cm
Inseam: 90 cm / 81 cm
Leg opening: 21.5 cm / 20.5 cm

For those who can help, I also have the Denime 221 BigE, it is very close to the 1101 BigE. My 221 is a size W32 and my 1101 a W33, both have almost the same measurements after washing at 40 degrees. The 1101 really shrinks a lot: 8 cm on the waistline and 9 cm in length. I advise you to take your usual size from Warehouse. Denime runs about one size larger than Warehouse in my experience. The fabric of the 1101 is slightly thinner than the 221 (-1oz), the canvas of the 1101 is really beautiful, with beautiful irregularities. The color of 1101 is slightly bluer than 221 which is slightly darker. Some different sewing details also due to the era (V-shaped stitch, different thread colors on the 221, etc.).

IMG_1889.jpeg