TCB

On 2/4/2024 at 12:48 AM, Geeman said:

I would definitely be contacting TCB about it @KarlHavoc as that's pretty shoddy service , especially for an international customer. Even if just to let them know and hopefully prevent them doing it again!

On 2/4/2024 at 4:08 AM, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

I agree. I would do the same. 

I contacted Ryo at TCB and he said they're going to send me a replacement pair so it's all good 👍

• 1 month later...

Love those. They look like they were found in an attic. Repairs look really authentic too. 

thanks for sharing the post!! i'm not really on ig so it's nice to see photos. i mailed the jeans back several weeks ago, and am really happy they get to be on display in their studio.

as for what pair they might have for the next contest, i guess we'll have to see what jeans they plan to produce down the line. the post made it sound like they want someone from sufu to take the lead on organizing, so maybe we could make suggestions on a pair we'd like & try and drum up interest from there?

43 minutes ago, chicote said:

i guess we'll have to see what jeans they plan to produce down the line. the post made it sound like they want someone from sufu to take the lead on organizing, so maybe we could make suggestions on a pair we'd like & try and drum up interest from there?

After you and your jeans awesome performance on the 40s I think you'll have Inoue's ear mate.

FW are doing a 1942 model so that's an obvious option.

Wonder if TCB have got a vintage sample in hand that they want to reproduce?

We're having our first kid in about a month so my time is spoken for at the moment, but I'd still participate. A more outside the box (or less common) repro would be interesting if they have a sample for a model

Edited by yung_flynn

I don't have a direct line to TCB by any means, but happy to help organize if there's interest. I myself would be interested in a new cut/fabric or a Frankenstein of sorts (e.g. 30s fabric on a 50s cut).

Edited by discwork

4 hours ago, Thanks_M8 said:

wouldn't 30s be next in line? 

I would probably do a 30's contest. Or a non-Levi's repro - something like their own spin on the Sugar Cane M-series?

I'm wearing the 30s right now and have been for several months so a 30s contest wouldn't appeal to me. If TCB are suggesting it themselves I would have thought they would have something new in mind.

5 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

Hear me out.

90’s. 

That’s the only contest I’m in for. 

A baggy pair like 90s skaters wore would be tight

17 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

How can they be tight if they’re baggy? Extreme sizing down?

Lol that's getting territory of skater fashion 20 years later

On 1/30/2024 at 5:08 PM, Sympathy-For-The-Denim said:

@jewellben   I recently bought myself a pair 30s and wonder if you pair shrank with subsequent washing and why you sell them in the first place? I really like the rough touch of the denim but think they could shrink around the hip since mine suffer from a huge hip flare although I bought em already quite small...

They shrunk too much in the leg length for me post getting them hemmed when I purchased them - about another 5CM. School boy error 

1 hour ago, rbeck said:

A baggy pair like 90s skaters wore would be tight

My ridiculous username should be the giveaway here. 

Though, between Tender 132’s and Fullcount 0105’s I’m quite happy these days when I want to scratch that itch. They’re different, but both a little better suited to a middle aged man than some original Droors Stencil jeans.

But I’d still love to see a TCB interpretation of this - it would be nicer because in the 90’s the mass market jeans pretty much sucked by then - you don’t want to directly reproduce that - so to make a 90’s cut with the maybe a good denim and repro details that TCB does. The cut couldn’t be too full though - I never went too far in the 90s and wouldn’t want to now. 

The 50’s cut is really the only cut that appeals to me. I thought the last contest jeans were cool but that front rise is kind of comically long. Would be cool to do the 50’s cut with like the 30’s denim or even the 60’s. 

2 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

My ridiculous username should be the giveaway here. 

Though, between Tender 132’s and Fullcount 0105’s I’m quite happy these days when I want to scratch that itch. They’re different, but both a little better suited to a middle aged man than some original Droors Stencil jeans.

But I’d still love to see a TCB interpretation of this - it would be nicer because in the 90’s the mass market jeans pretty much sucked by then - you don’t want to directly reproduce that - so to make a 90’s cut with the maybe a good denim and repro details that TCB does. The cut couldn’t be too full though - I never went too far in the 90s and wouldn’t want to now. 

The old baggy jeans from Moto are technically a 90s cut. They are also made by tcb (but for Moto). But the influence and details from the 90s are everything I dislike about those jeans haha. 

edit: These- 

https://www.motostyle.jp/products/2023aw-collection-motor-new-vintage-old-baggy-denim-trouser-バギーデニムトラウザー

Edited by Hopethisoneisnttaken

11 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

Hear me out.

90’s. 

That’s the only contest I’m in for. 

3Sixteen x Throwing Fits have you covered.

3 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

The old baggy jeans from Moto are technically a 90s cut. They are also made by tcb (but for Moto). But the influence and details from the 90s are everything I dislike about those jeans haha. 

edit: These- 

https://www.motostyle.jp/products/2023aw-collection-motor-new-vintage-old-baggy-denim-trouser-バギーデニムトラウザー

I’ve almost sprung for these in the past. But the zip fly and suspender buttons put me off. Still might, someday. 

6 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

I’ve almost sprung for these in the past. But the zip fly and suspender buttons put me off. Still might, someday. 

Yes that’s one of my dislikes as well. Also the rise is medium at best, and I would prefer higher rise. It’s ok if you don’t tuck anything, which kinda works in the summer, but very uncomfortable as I usually tuck shirts in seasons that are not high summer. I do like the flat felled seams, the large back pockets and the overall silhouette though.  Btw I personally removed the suspended buttons. While on other jeans I have them (like tcb 20s) and I easily wear a belt on them, in this pair it was very uncomfortable for some reason. 

Edited by Hopethisoneisnttaken

Overalls-

What are the differences between "Cat of the Boss" and "Wrecking Crew" overalls?
They look quite similar vs. for example the Tabby or the Handyman.

If you normally wear a 36 how would you size in Cat and Wrecking?
Also the current Wrecking Crew seems quite short with 75cm inseam.
Or is that plenty due to the overall construction with a high rise?

The Wrecking Crew are currently available.
Not sure, if the Cat of the Boss will be made again.

Another question- has TCB done any overalls in duck?
I've only seen the Handyman in Hickory Stripe.

Edited by indigoeagle

@indigoeagle in tcb I wear 33 for exact fit and 34 for slight over size fit. In wrecking crew I’m 32 by Ryo’s recommendation. I don’t have boss of the cat, but I think they are less wide than wrecking crew. They did brown twisted denim in wrecking crew a few years ago. I don’t think it’s coming back though. The inseam was tricky and I didn’t get it as I wanted. It’s different than jeans, I guess the rise is related as you mentioned.