TCB

I recently picked up a pair of the newer 50s Slim T. They are my second pair of TCB's, my other being the 60s. The 50s denim is really nice and the cut is really nice, more of a relaxed tapered cut with a mid-low rise. I'll grab some photos soon.

I've got a pair with a couple months wear in already. Nice jeans, I'd say mid rise and the taper isn't a strong one. 

I might buy a second pair and put them away for a later date 

WfRAMVK.jpgz2c8vt2.jpgxRmIrFS.jpg

First pair of TCB's with the 50s denim, the 50s Slim T. Pretty much zero break-in period and they are comfortable from the first wear. I was stuck between Full Count 1103 or these. Chose the TCBs because the fit looked a little cleaner with the mid-rise and a little more trim through the thighs. They seem like a very "adult" slim taper and look great with my chelsea boots or sneakers. I went with size 31, same as my TCB 60s. Pretty similar top-block measurements aside from the rise and maybe slightly slimmer thighs on these.

Edited by blooming

Hi everyone! My jacket was returned home with disappointing results. Some frayed parts were reinforced, but the essential "sleeves" and "elbows" were not repaired. If you use a patch cloth to repair the elbow, it will be thicker, so it seems that you can't do it with the sewing machine at tcb.

On 7/8/2023 at 11:07 AM, Uncle Karl said:

Hi everyone! My jacket was returned home with disappointing results. Some frayed parts were reinforced, but the essential "sleeves" and "elbows" were not repaired. If you use a patch cloth to repair the elbow, it will be thicker, so it seems that you can't do it with the sewing machine at tcb.

That’s disappointing! Can you find another way to repair the jacket?

On 7/15/2023 at 12:15 AM, edwardlj said:

1880 Good Luck blouse arrived!

Exciting to see this jacket in the world! I registered just to ask: how did you do on your fit? I thought the garment would be beautiful but hard to wear, but Taichi is very cool in the picture below. I love the combination of the very short length + very generous drop shoulder.

attachment.php?id=61731

On 7/15/2023 at 4:58 PM, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

That’s disappointing! Can you find another way to repair the jacket?

thank you. I need to find a shop that will fix it on its own. So far, there is one shop where the light of hope can be seen.

On 7/17/2023 at 8:07 AM, willi said:

Exciting to see this jacket in the world! I registered just to ask: how did you do on your fit? I thought the garment would be beautiful but hard to wear, but Taichi is very cool in the picture below. I love the combination of the very short length + very generous drop shoulder.

attachment.php?id=61731

Short body length and drop shoulders look cool and fit very well, the sleeves are too long, i have to cuff them.

Edited by edwardlj

Thanks guys! I love that these jeans look like I pulled them from a pile of clothes at an estate sale or something. The cut is perfect too. Will probably get another pair of 50s in the future but right now I'm working on a pair of Left Field Smokestacks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone on the forum end up getting a pair of the Good Luck jeans? I am really intrigued by them, but also really broke & hoping to live vicariously through someone else who’s had a chance to wear them in a bit… plus, maybe I could be talked into selling some other pairs to fund one if it really seems worth it :P

@chicote I thought they looked great, but I’ve already got some stuff that’s more out there, and in the end I don’t wear it as much and I didn’t need another pair like that. I tell myself I’m not a collector just a wearer. I think if I were a collector I would have gone for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 4:29 AM, UkeNo said:

Has anyone pre-ordered the new run of Baker Pants? 

Yes, and I received them about 2 weeks ago. I ordered a size small based on measurements, but they seem to fit quite a bit smaller in the waist than the chart indicates. Debating selling them off or just seeing if they will stretch.

1 hour ago, buler said:

@blooming, what does the waist measure?

I'll grab that in a sec, but the chart showed 76cm, which is my usual waist size, especially for a high rise. I haven't gained any weight (in fact, down a few pounds), so they have to measure at least an inch or two smaller.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 10:02 AM, blooming said:

Yes, and I received them about 2 weeks ago. I ordered a size small based on measurements, but they seem to fit quite a bit smaller in the waist than the chart indicates. Debating selling them off or just seeing if they will stretch.

Update on my Baker Pants- they did in fact stretch in the hips/waist and are snug but comfy now.