minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

16,746 posts in this topic

Which Japanese (or equivalent) shirt makers fit between IH and TFH in terms of shoulders-to-p2p ratio? Most IH workshirts that fit me in the shoulders are too loose in the chest, and of course most TFH shirts have an extreme tapper. I'd like something in between...

What's the best way to de-wrinkle jeans after they have dried from a wash? Sometimes I get a lot of creases and wrinkles near the bottom of the legs. I usually just wear them and they come out over time, but is their a way to do this other than ironing or tumble drying?

Ehh it sounds like your line drying/hand washing your denim.  I get the same lines when I do it.  I just wear them and they go away after a few wears no biggie.

maybe steam them? i know that before i bought an iron and i had to get the wrinkles out of a dress shirt i would just put it up on a hanger in the bathroom and take a hot-ish shower, and all the steam would kinda ease the wrinkles out.

I've learned to just live with those creases. I don't have a dryer and wouldn't dry jeans anyways. If they're really stubborn - like a raw pair that has been folded for some time - ironing might help.

Do you generally not get charged sales tax when ordering (directly) from Japan?

On 11/03/2017 at 2:09 AM, JDelage said:

Do you generally not get charged sales tax when ordering (directly) from Japan?

Depends on the store. You shouldn't really. When I buy from Rakuten, I try to buy from sellers which state you will not pay the 8% if you are ordering from outside Japan or I will ask them.

Someone on here put up a really good post detailing the process of tax free shopping within Japan as a foreign visitor. Wished I saved that post.

Hardware related question.

I've got a pair of PBJ 24 z. It seems the hardware is the same as for regular 14 oz jeans. And it looks a bit weak for that denim thickness. The belt button has popped out. I've tried to replace it with a regular button found at a store nearby. It did not last a full day.

So I was wondering if there was a (online) store anyone could advise for stronger hardware.

Posted (edited)

Summer's coming (Yeah not quite, but spring has sprung in London) and its almost time to hang up the boots.

What does everybody wear when its too hot for boots but sneakers don't fit in with the head to toe LVC miner/farm hand steez?

Slip on sneakers may be an option, or desert boots?

Edited by heyheyhey

Desert boots, PF Flyers/Pro Keds,  Birkenstock sandals and of course, more boots!

Posted (edited)

How about some pecos boots? Used Red Wing pecos are going for a song online these days; since the shaft is so wide and short they actually breathe well too.

Oxfords from either John Lofgren or Moto are an option, too. 

Honestly I mainly just wear sneakers in summer; Warehouse, Converse 70s, Vans, and now I have a pair of Lofgrens on the way.

Edited by Iron Horse

Low top sneakers like Cons One Star, Vans Old Skool or low top Chucks. Especially the last two can fit with farmhand / miner pieces surprisingly well.

I use converse all stars and a pair of vans, but this year I am about the invest in a pair of repro USN deck shoes as well.

Surprisingly, Sperry makes a repro deck usn shoe, which is quite nice. I am going to buy it. I can't find the link anywhere on the internet, but Allblues co in Leeds sells them for 60 GBP. They look the same as these wakouva by anatomica:

tumblr_mi9845p3H51rqnjjfo1_1280.jpg

Volvo those look great! After some searching Desert Boots are a must and the most classic of sneakers works for the Spring weather, but I think I may be destined for some of those now too, they are just too nice.

Posted (edited)

I will still continue to wear boots as previous summer. However, going for a change this coming summer, ordered a pair of loafers from Alden. Trying a different style with denim.

Edited by alvin_cheong

Posted (edited)

What are some of y'all wearing for shorts this summer?  Momotaro, etc?

Edited by mlwdp

Posted (edited)

Forget Daisy Dukes, where to cop some Lemmys?

In all seriousness, I wear my TCB Seamens shorts in summer on the weekends.

Edited by Iron Horse

18 hours ago, mlwdp said:

What are some of y'all wearing for shorts this summer?  Momotaro, etc?

Patagonia Stand Up shorts in 5".

Looking for a quality pair of swim trunks / board shorts. My short list:

1. Mister Freedom

2. Battenwear

Any other brand tips to check out?

Posted (edited)

Deleted. 

Edited by nizzel55

Mmh looks like the shop who did the hem ducked up the jeans to me...

Has anyone here used tensuo when ordering items off a site?

Posted (edited)

Deleted

Edited by nizzel55

IMO the shop you bought them from should sort it out with the hem job shop - seems weird that they aren't interested in making this right. It sure does not look like a job well done.

Posted (edited)

On 19.3.2017 at 8:42 PM, Articulate said:

Looking for a quality pair of swim trunks / board shorts. My short list:

1. Mister Freedom

2. Battenwear

Any other brand tips to check out?

@articulate Have you checked out Biidwell Beach Britches yet?

Edited by Max Power