Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

My sister told me not to wear jeans to her wedding a couple years back.

Very small and personal wedding, so it wasn't super formal. So I had to sneak some denim in.

I bought a pair of IH 634S-B and put a blazer over them and she didn't even know the difference.

:ph34r:

I don't think Max was suggesting incorporating actual denim into his wedding. For vintage-y stuff, I always like what Johnny Depp is doing with pinstripe suits worn with engineers etc or his MF collection, it's a bit over the top for most normal formal occasions but if done carefully I think it can look great on a groom.

Edited by Cucoo

re geezers I definitely think the main reason is that they got bored of sharing their experiences on an Internet forum. I used to post a lot on vintage Volvo forums, but eventually I became bored, although I am still badly at it.

re wedding attire, I wore a nice navy blue suit, a silk knit tie and a pair of trickers. my suggestion is to stay away from denim and invest on something nice that you could wear again in the future and somewhat fits within your style. best wishes mate btw!

On a sidneote - a different Topic but one that causes me some trouble thinking about: What to wear on your wedding? I'm torn between keeping it classic and looking like you would expect from a groom on the one hand and between my love for vintage stuff on the other Hand. Some must have been through this already - what did you do?

Re the wedding wear, you could always try something like Dry Bones, Orgueil, or Jelado:

20121022_1f22a1.JPG

or-4003c-0m.jpg

dj808_model.jpg

Wear a suit if its a formal

Function or a tux and still a suit for a casual function man you need to wear a proper attire once in your life specially on your wedding day

Thanks for the replies guys. To be more specific, we're having a small family wedding where I'll most likely wear a suit, preferably tailored to my measurements as stock ones never seem to fit right.

We're doing a bigger informal celebration / party the week after. It'll be end of july so I need something that breathes well, looks good for the occasion but still isn't totally different from what clothes I normally like. Maybe I can bring in a chambray or a nice hillside tie. Double Diamond would be one example for "vintage-inspired" clothes that might also fit, but that doesn't feel much more like me than the formal suits. I'll try my luck here, but will avoid the crazy designs: https://www.instagram.com/herrvoneden/

Little late to the party: I'm wearing raw denim for nearly 10 years now and I see no way I could go back to "normal" jeans.

On the one hand side I developed some kind of elitism and "look down" on the fashion brands and on the other hand I have such a big collection, it would be a shame to not wear them. Especially since it would last me until the end of my life.

But it's true, I slowed down a lot in posting. I surely check Sufu and other forums daily but I don't comment everything like I used to do. Most stuff have been talked about billions of times and the motivation to write the same advises over and over is gone.

Exactly, once the same convo happens billions of times and you write your same opinion so much it just gets redundant. If its still helpful to people I would keep giving my opinion but if you do a good read through you'll read all of our opinions, and i also don't want to sound like a broken record.

Will always enjoy looking at some nicely faded and good fitting jeans though...

Little late to the party: I'm wearing raw denim for nearly 10 years now and I see no way I could go back to "normal" jeans.

On the one hand side I developed some kind of elitism and "look down" on the fashion brands and on the other hand I have such a big collection, it would be a shame to not wear them. Especially since it would last me until the end of my life.

But it's true, I slowed down a lot in posting. I surely check Sufu and other forums daily but I don't comment everything like I used to do. Most stuff have been talked about billions of times and the motivation to write the same advises over and over is gone.

Even later to the party here...Honestly I could never go back to "normal" jeans, but mostly because I have too many "good" pairs to wear. I don't really have anything against fashion brands, etc. because in my opinion, all denim is interesting and has it's own "place" in history, but I think at this point we all know what we like (at least the guys that have been here 10+ years), what fits us best, and what kind of product we're looking for. sufu is kind of dead because of this, but I do appreciate an epic grail pair post, or random new bits of information on random new brands, cuts, etc. though it's hard for me to bring myself to post actual pictures (see the Ooe contest thread for an example of this in action lol) and the site itself doesn't really lend itself to making this easy, especially when we can just snap a photo with our phones and post instantly to instagram. Gone are the days of constantly learning and discovering new things/brands, but once a denim head, ALWAYS a denim head...

Kind of a weird thing to bring up but I hate (on my Fullcount 1101's) how small the fly is. The front rise is pretty long but the fly in proportion to the rest of the rise is very small compared to any of my other jeans. My Warehouse 1011's have similar rise but the fly itself is longer. The shorter fly gets really uncomfortable for me... Anyone else notice long or short fly's?

missing a few jeans. but this is interesting, the blacksmith doesn't have the longest fly. a surprise to me at least.

29938810560_8a88af3289_c.jpg

that title goes to the hawaiis.

Edited by oomslokop

love it when someone finds a new aspect on a pair of jeans to nerd about. hasn't happened for a while. thanks d-rew12! *brb checking my flys*

Haha, it's bothered me for years on my Fullcounts. Didn't really realize it was a thing til I compared the fly on my various pairs and saw that it was in fact smaller.