Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 4/18/2018 at 1:32 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

Check the Resolute thread for further info, you’ll also find some measurements here

Thank you Maynard 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TCB 20s... work in progress...

20180422_170204-1.jpg

20180422_170948-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ looking good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received a call from my mailman that I need to Pay $90 towards import duty. I guess TCB didn't mark it as a gift or under declare the value. This was a custom order so I couldn't buy from Denimio (they carry all TCB products). I hope I like the 505 but my next order would be from Denimio. If customs duties are high in your location, do look into buying from Denimio instead. If you are custom ordering something, then you'd need to pay the duties. I don't think it's fair to expect small businesses like TCB to go against the law so I don't blame them.

Looking forward to trying them on once I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry about the double post, sharing some quick fit pics.

The denim is very light and soft and has a beautiful indigo hue to it. It is way lighter than my 19oz PBJ or 15oz FH. I love the fit for it is so roomy and non-constricting. I didn't realize it's a zipper fly as I usually avoid them but what the hell. The front rise is just right, not too low not too high. The back rise is huge (in a good way).

The suspender buttons are a custom install by Innoue san as I plan to wear suspenders instead of a belt.

It will take some time for me to understand how to cuff something this wide. Also, I need to try different boots or '70s Chucks maybe. Maybe I needed another excuse to buy those Iron Rangers.

My wife said I look like one of those guys in Western movies. Not quite there but I think I'm heading the right direction.

 

fullsizeoutput_1321.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1324.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_133c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1341.jpeg

TCB1 - 1 (1).jpg

 

TCB23 - 1.jpg

TCB4 - 1.jpg

Edited by i_denim
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great buy! Of the fits you've posted here, these look the best by far in my opinion. Sorry to hear you got hit that bad by duties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

505 with suspender buttons? Cool! The best fit I've seen you posted! @i_denim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agreeing

@MJF9 keep that good work progressing

@i_denim: good looking straight leg there: all cuff, no break - nice clean fall of the leg: optimum straight leg look IMO. sharp. with suspenders the hem will hover even more magnificently (and you can make cuff smaller as the trousers are pulled up to heaven) - but then you will have to work on your tucks...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ cheers chaps... the plan is to get some  more wear in from now through the summer (alongside my Ooe and Roy) and try to avoid washing (the 20s, not me, that is).

I couldn't resist some new suspenders / braces for holding up my trousers too... I know opinions are polarised but I do like them... will post fit pics when I get a minute...

2018-04-24 19.53.05.jpg

Edited by MJF9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MJF9 Those suspenders look nice; oftentimes the leather kind have an unsatisfying back IMO, but that one is nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ cheers mate... I think Morten at FHUTT does a great job on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Maio Sorry about taking so long with this fit pic, the quality is also subpar, but shall do for now! So this is now once washed (by me), size 44 raw originally. I have worn this for a little over one week everyday now, and it has softened and stretched a little bit. Back length is 67,5 cm, shoulder width 50 cm, P2P 55 cm and hem about 53 cm, arm length is a little hard to measure, because its so curved, but my result was 67 cm. My own chest measurement is about 106 cm and this fits perfectly on the chest, I'm also 188 cm tall with long arms and I think the fit is perfect, there is some room on belly, but I think this is just a good thing. This jacket is a joy to wear, get yours asap!

tcbtypeII.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2018 at 2:55 PM, MJF9 said:

^ cheers chaps... the plan is to get some  more wear in from now through the summer (alongside my Ooe and Roy) and try to avoid washing (the 20s, not me, that is).

I couldn't resist some new suspenders / braces for holding up my trousers too... I know opinions are polarised but I do like them... will post fit pics when I get a minute...

Very nice...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-04-26 at 8:48 AM, Henkka said:

@Maio Sorry about taking so long with this fit pic, the quality is also subpar, but shall do for now! So this is now once washed (by me), size 44 raw originally. I have worn this for a little over one week everyday now, and it has softened and stretched a little bit. Back length is 67,5 cm, shoulder width 50 cm, P2P 55 cm and hem about 53 cm, arm length is a little hard to measure, because its so curved, but my result was 67 cm. My own chest measurement is about 106 cm and this fits perfectly on the chest, I'm also 188 cm tall with long arms and I think the fit is perfect, there is some room on belly, but I think this is just a good thing. This jacket is a joy to wear, get yours asap!

tcbtypeII.jpg

@Henkka Thank you so much for taking the time! After seeing those pics I'm sure a size 46 raw would be perfect for me :) The jacket looks great on you and I can't wait to get one of my one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Click through and swipe for English

Edited by UkeNo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what does it mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what does it mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah what's the problem with 50s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UkeNo said:

Click through and swipe for English

Wait, so TCB has been sold to Fullcount?! Whaaaat, why what happened??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fullcount complaining about the arcs on the TCB 20’s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, edmond said:

what does it mean?

Engrish ver

OdLqtSyh.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my [slightly outspoken] comment on the above.

I haven't heard yet Inoue on this, but I guess he's been forced to make a public announcement as part of the procedure he's been through with the lawyers of Fullcount.
I assume his mention to 50s jeans is a mistake.

This is so hypocritical on so many levels....it really makes me furious about it.

So Fullcount registered with trademark no. 5919610 their own take on the L***'s arcs, and their design offices threatened to sue TCB for copyright infringement because they used for a batch of 60 +/- jeans a pocket arc design similar to theirs and to L***'s.
On a law basis I think there's very little to be said on this, from a denim aficionado perspective this whole thing makes me want to boycott Fullcount forever (which I'll certainly do) as what they've patented is very questionable and what they've done with TCB is even more questionable. F**k them. I'd love to see L***'s threaten Fullcount for design infringement and make them burn all their jeans.  It would make me tremendously happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^^ That. I agree whole-heartedly. Ive actually seen quite a few Fullcount pieces that I really like since the whole TCB situation, but I absolutely refuse to give them a damn cent.


Side note.. It finally let me "rep" again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agreed 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does seem like an overreaction on Fullcounts part. I meant the arcs in question were limited to the 50 or so odd pairs of the contest jeans. Plus I find it doubtful that you could claim that someone seeing them would think that it was a fullcount pair. They could have just done a cease and desist. Burning all the product just seems to be mean-spirited.  

The whole thing reminds me of supreme going after another brand because they used they same Barbara Kruger typeface that supreme jacked in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

my [slightly outspoken] comment on the above.

I haven't heard yet Inoue on this, but I guess he's been forced to make a public announcement as part of the procedure he's been through with the lawyers of Fullcount.
I assume his mention to 50s jeans is a mistake.

This is so hypocritical on so many levels....it really makes me furious about it.

So Fullcount registered with trademark no. 5919610 their own take on the L***'s arcs, and their design offices threatened to sue TCB for copyright infringement because they used for a batch of 60 +/- jeans a pocket arc design similar to theirs and to L***'s.
On a law basis I think there's very little to be said on this, from a denim aficionado perspective this whole thing makes me want to boycott Fullcount forever (which I'll certainly do) as what they've patented is very questionable and what they've done with TCB is even more questionable. F**k them. I'd love to see L***'s threaten Fullcount for design infringement and make them burn all their jeans.  It would make me tremendously happy.

well said my friend!!!!  i was never interested in full count and now i never will.  i love what tcb stands for and i love hajime.  i love that you can talk to him and ask him to hem their jeans for us.  what other jeans company does this?  TCB for life, yo!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

my [slightly outspoken] comment on the above.

very restrained in my opinion

amen

i like erk's formulation

the osaka 4...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit rich coming from Full Count threatening to sue another company for copyright infringement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125