Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Nice video, now if only they would spend the time and money on making jeans the way they used to.  :D

But that's just the nature of business I suppose, we're just a blip on the radar in the big Levi's picture.

I guess that's why the Japanese brands have almost taken their role in a sense!

Since Denimio is adding brand after brand to their portfolio at the speed of light (latest addition: UES), what do you guys think they add next?

Or which brand you want them to add to their portfolio?

Or which brand they shouldn’t add and why?

Yeah, I was really surprised by that as well. We'll see how it goes, but it sure seems like they are going fast and hard and have the customer base to do so. I'm wondering whether their service will suffer for it in the future and how things continue to evolve, but they seem more and more like a gigantic warehouse rather than a small shop.

I would love it if they stocked more niche brands that aren't readily available in the US/EU, and I would also love if they started to branch out a bit and stock some footwear brands. Kapital, Visvim, and the like would also be great, although I don't actually know if it would make much of a difference pricing wise in comparison to buying from US/EU sites.

Although on the other hand, I would also like for some of these to remain more exclusive and elusive, since it certainly seems as if Denimio could sell that stuff pretty fast.

Edited by Frost

Since Denimio is adding brand after brand to their portfolio at the speed of light (latest addition: UES), what do you guys think they add next?

Orslow and Omnigod come to mind for clothing. Red Moon/Pailot River for leather goods.

Would also be good to see quality Japanese footwear brands too, like Lone Wolf. 

• 2 weeks later...

BLUNDER ALERT 

As some of you may know, Viberg had a sample sale on the weekend.  I had some /r/goodyearwelt members pickup some pairs for me, unfortunately on sunday Viberg began marking some prices down, causing me to accidentally purchase 4 pairs of vibergs

The hauls are: 

Brown CXL 2030 Boot (goodyearwelt) - Size 12

Dwg6GXB.jpg

Grey Guidi Calf  (confirmed that these are calf, might be dusk guidi calf)) 2030 Boot (goodyearwelt) - size 12 

Yes these look like black but i have been told they are the guidi version of grey 

V57J320.jpg

Derby Grey Guidi Calf (goodyearwelt) - Size 12 

Y7DIscE.jpg

Cinnamon Roughout 1035 Boot (stitchdown) - Size 11.5 

7AanEzL.jpg

All of a sudden i went from getting rid of my vibergs because i sized them wrong to now having 5 pairs...lmao. Cop freeze is in effect. I'll do a full review of the pairs once i have them and add some comments about the goodyearwelt vs stitchdown (including the flat welt vs storm welted pairs) 

Edited by karanimal

I get the impression that the sample sale was not so crazy as it was last year but that the stock was better. From IG, it looked like there was still loads of great stuff to be had when they dropped the prices to $200.

I got that vibe too, a few cool pairs of natural kangaroo, undyed veg tan, and a couple pairs of awesome shell.

I'm pretty happy with what I got even though it's somewhat reserved

My buddy who was going to go to the sale for me ended up not going because he got sick. :(

If you end up not liking those cinnamon rough out 1035's let me know, I'll buy them from you!

you guys think i need to size down on these ??

Mate! Missed this. Awesome. Congrats.

Been combing the web looking for cheap selvedge jeans for my lad - so little out there. Kicking myself for not buying the H&M ones back in the day, although kids were a distant thought back then...

I just hope they keep selling Full Count, although stock seems to be running low.

It is bad that they're hurting bricks & mortar places, but I've been buying Japanese denim since 1999 and it's only now that I can do it affordably.

I noticed they instagrammed evisu a couple weeks back but evisu is no longer on their website.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact they sell TCB cheaper than Inoue does. Regardless, I'll keep emailing Inoue for my TCB gear.

Been combing the web looking for cheap selvedge jeans for my lad - so little out there. Kicking myself for not buying the H&M ones back in the day, although kids were a distant thought back then...

I came across this recently, Heddels had a Fade of the Day up with a pair:

http://www.denimlab.nl/home/shop/kids-selvage-pant-d1/

Considering getting a pair for my daughter, they do make pretty small sizes, so theoratically you could have your kid in selvedge all the time :D