cmboland

Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

Can't find it, can someone put the link up please?

Whoops

Cheers fellas, Volvo Süpérstar salutes you all!

Ill leave this bit of extremely relevant  information here:

tmp_1175-Screenshot_20170519-164440_1847224342.jpg

tmp_1175-Screenshot_20170519-164435_11041701200.jpg

Wondering what is people's opinions on patches on denim jackets?

25 minutes ago, Niro said:

what one chooses to do with their jacket is their choice. I personally wouldn't ruin an expensive denim jacket with a patch, but that's me. I think, too, that the type of patch factors into it as well.  lapel pins i'm ok with.

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

Ill leave this bit of extremely relevant  information here:

tmp_1175-Screenshot_20170519-164440_1847224342.jpg

tmp_1175-Screenshot_20170519-164435_11041701200.jpg

yes volvo

we all luv u

and most equally

importantly

chicote's mullet is indeed a thing of internationally recognised epic proportions and qualities

@chicote vokuhila it's definitely a power to be reckoned with now, after sufu's past mullet leader Maximo @oomskolop eloquent words.

4 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

@chicote vokuhila it's definitely a power to be reckoned with now, after sufu's past mullet leader Maximo @oomskolop eloquent words.

ya ya

equally with luv for volvo the most welcoming

is much luv for oom and chicote

they bring light to lives and meanings beyond the denim realm

chicote's sda intervention is well remembered well beyond his locks

anyone know of a place ( europe or the states ) where i can get a pair of these Jackstars ? not sure if there a Japan exclusive or not 

http-2F2Fhypebeast.com2Fimage2F20172F022

Flash have you tried Footmonkey or Mischief on Rakuten they have pretty good converse selections.

No mate , i was hoping to find a european retailer so i wouldnt be paying a fortune on shipping 

super tired of the current raw denim trend that associate quality with super heavy super slubby hairy neppy high contrast fast fading and it doesn't help when brands are releasing this kind of jeans non stop

I agree with you. But I think here at Sufu you are at a good place for the other side of quality. 

On 5/19/2017 at 11:43 AM, Niro said:

I like to have some sort of decoration on a denim jacket. Had this chained stitched patch of my dog made by Tina Vines. Will probably at other hunting or setter related things to it at some point.

IMG_1198.PNG

I saw this chainstitched jacket on Instagram a while back, and, as long as you are a fan of X (the band), I don't think anyone is ever going to top this design. 

IMG_6201.jpg

I like crazy denim as much as the next guy but it does seem like a lot of brands like Oni, Tanuki, some PBJ etc. are kinda overdoing it. I like a sort of balance between edgy stuff and tradition - like how Strike Gold will make a fabric with really crazy character, but it'll have a pretty conventional color. Or how Flat Head's denim has a very bold dyeing process/fade, but has a pretty subtle texture to the denim itself. Having loads of slub, a pink weft, super loose woven 25 oz left hand twill denim just seems like a bit too much. 

I think it would be fun to enter the upcoming denim contest with a low-key, well-known pair like a 3Sixteen ST-100x, Nudie Grim Tim orange selvedge, or Sugar Cane 1947.

I got a weird one for y'all.

is it in bad taste to wear pinup girls on a shirt?  I've noticed this trend on a few Gitman shirts and Japanese brands.  

Exhibit A:

90469F4D-049F-42B3-8D02-8AEA7A5A2D26_zps

88B6BEAA-66E2-4666-B837-E87A1573F28D_zps

Edited by mlwdp

Not a bad taste in my book but i never wear those Gitman V shirt for sure

I think to pull off something like that the wearer would need a certain amount of panache and eccentricity. I could see Self Edge's model Josh pulling off something like that successfully. I myself could never.  

I like it, but look out for all of those, uh... crazy people who tried to ruin the life of that pinup girl shirt-wearing guy who landed a satellite on an asteroid. :D

47 minutes ago, Cold Summer said:

I like it, but look out for all of those, uh... crazy people who tried to ruin the life of that pinup girl shirt-wearing guy who landed a satellite on an asteroid. :D

tenor.gif

10 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

Having loads of slub, a pink weft, super loose woven 25 oz left hand twill denim just seems like a bit too much.

i can see how loads of slub, pink weft, and super loose woven 25 oz are a bit too much (or, for me, way too much)...but what's wrong with left hand twill?

22 minutes ago, ironheartfan123 said:

i can see how loads of slub, pink weft, and super loose woven 25 oz are a bit too much (or, for me, way too much)...but what's wrong with left hand twill?

I think he's just throwing that in as an example of trying to randomly cram every possible feature into a pair of jeans, hoping one or more of them will be enough to get someone to buy them. 

2 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

tenor.gif

Made me spit out my covfefe! :D

Edited by mlwdp

erm... some fashion-denim nonsense among a bit of common knowledge. Crap like this is how urban myths spread

https://mic.com/articles/178338/from-jean-upkeep-to-finding-the-right-fit-7-of-your-most-pressing-questions-about-denim-answered#.bgfdNfBCW 

10 minutes ago, mpukas said:

erm... some fashion-denim nonsense among a bit of common knowledge. Crap like this is how urban myths spread

https://mic.com/articles/178338/from-jean-upkeep-to-finding-the-right-fit-7-of-your-most-pressing-questions-about-denim-answered#.bgfdNfBCW 

Tip #4: To get simple spot stains out like splatter from pasta sauce, wet wipes work wonders.

I thought PRPS used pasta sauce as a technique to make their pre-distressed jeans so shitty looking.