SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Ikr!.. if it makes you feel any better (younger) i got home from work last week and the house absolutely stunk of weed :unsure: .. i opened the windows and lit a scented candle (also from M&S) confused.. it didn't look like anyone was home? i knew my kid was playing football after school.. i looked in the living room and the throw from the chair (which we never move) was scrunched up on the sofa with half a cup of turmeric tea and a large Milka wrapper were on the side table.. more confused, i went upstairs and my mrs was in bed at 5pm.. she was a complete jibbering wreck.. i couldn't get any sense out of her.. :D

When my kid came home at 8pm, she still wasn't up so i made tea for us both then when i got in bed at 10.30 she was sat up reading, still a jibbering wreck but talkative.. she wouldn't f'kin shup up! .. it transpired that her and the nextdoor neighbours daughter and been baking space-brownines.. they'd each tried one.. it didn't do much so the neighbours daughter left and took most of them, later she had another one with a cup of tea.. an hour or so after she was completely fucked and had to go to bed..

The next day i found myself saying.. what the hell, you're a mother of a 13yr old who'll be pushing 50 before too long and you're baking space cakes with teenagers.. :D some of us are still reaching for that rainbow while shopping at M&S.. "i'm not doing that again" .. she said, she put the rest of the bake in the freezer and gave them to her sister.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

I took my oldest 2 to Amsterdam last year, I ran the half marathon and  they went shopping. 

Afterwards we went went for food then ate some weed cakes. We all lay on the bed for hours not speaking.....

Money well spent....

Edited by Geeman

20 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I’ve never bought a pair if socks, certainly none of the lifestyle product types.. I have a drawer full of them, I tend to get a couple of pairs for xmas.

they’re not something I ever consider, i pull a pair on in the morning and never give them a second thought so I suppose they’ve succeeded in being socks.. if I could sense I was wearing them/discomfort I would have to reconsider but honestly, they’re just fine.

I certainly wouldn’t import them from abroad when they’re available on most high streets,  if your socks are constantly getting holes it’s probably down to ill fitting footwear...

I wear the same pair of cheap socks for cycling to work.. working on my feet all day in my workshop.. ride home and landscaping the garden till it goes dark, 14hr/day not once do I give them a second thought, I just don’t pamper myself in that regards. controversial maybe but  socks are socks.. I can think of better ways of squeezing enjoyment out of £20.:D 

This is usually how I feel about T shirts and plenty of other things but I would pay even more for the good socks than I do because they really make my life that much better and actually play a huge role in keeping me properly warm where I live. I’ve tried to find comparable ones stateside but no luck so far. I’m in a wool hat and wool socks a full 6 months of the year or more, and it’s not even that cold where I am but I feel better for it - and this time of year I tend not to wear socks at all. The cheap ones don’t cut it usually - I’m either going good socks or no socks most of the time. Not too many items impact physical comfort as much as good socks for me. 

Me too, i'm a Gildan man.. only in their 'ultra cotton' though.. pfft! i'm not an animal!..

Same.. 6 months of the year i'm in full Woolpower base (i can't afford to keep the heating on at work) i cycle to work in all weathers, my feet get piss wet through, cycle gear off, wet socks off, wring the water out and onto the small oil filled radiator to dry.. the now dry socks from yesterday go on while i stand bare foot on a freezing cold concrete floor.. well, i stand on an old piece of formica so i don't get sawdust on my feet.. socks on.. many, many layers on, jeans on, denim jacket on, down vest and wool hat, it's my hands that suffer rather than my feet, handling cold metal tools.

I did have one decent pair of knee high wool wellie socks in the back of the car but i gave them to a homeless dude outside Tesco during the last cold spell.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

On 6/3/2023 at 1:50 AM, Double 0 Soul said:

I’ve never bought a pair if socks, certainly none of the lifestyle product types.. I have a drawer full of them, I tend to get a couple of pairs for xmas.

they’re not something I ever consider, i pull a pair on in the morning and never give them a second thought so I suppose they’ve succeeded in being socks.. if I could sense I was wearing them/discomfort I would have to reconsider but honestly, they’re just fine.

I certainly wouldn’t import them from abroad when they’re available on most high streets,  if your socks are constantly getting holes it’s probably down to ill fitting footwear...

I wear the same pair of cheap socks for cycling to work.. working on my feet all day in my workshop.. ride home and landscaping the garden till it goes dark, 14hr/day not once do I give them a second thought, I just don’t pamper myself in that regards. controversial maybe but  socks are socks.. I can think of better ways of squeezing enjoyment out of £20.:D 

Getting along in my years I decided to pamper myself for certain things. Good mattress, sheets, pillows, socks, shoes/boots. I figure I do a lot of sleeping and a lot of walking/standing. Why not have that be as nice as possible. I also like a good shower head and towels. These things all go into making each day as nice as possible. Now that I've moved to a property with several animals and outbuildings, I also buy myself good gloves.

I have a couple of Freewheeler pants that are quite a bit too wide, especially at the waist. Is it a realistic option to have them narrowed by someone like Rain at IndigoProof, or am I better off selling them?In other words, is it no big deal to take in pants at the waist for 1-2 inches, or is it going to screw up the pattern so much they'll look funky? 

1 minute ago, JDelage said:

I have a couple of Freewheeler pants that are quite a bit too wide, especially at the waist. Is it a realistic option to have them narrowed by someone like Rain at IndigoProof, or am I better off selling them?In other words, is it no big deal to take in pants at the waist for 1-2 inches, or is it going to screw up the pattern so much they'll look funky? 

Fairly straightforward for a good tailor - go for it

Advice needed... just been the park in my Canes Leepros... and sat on some fcuking chewing gum!!!  Arrgggh. 

Any proven tips for getting it off? 

YouTube has examples but I'd trust a Sufu-approved method first... thanks

I've removed as much as poss with finger nails... the issue is it's sunk into fabric... tried freezing, no joy ffs! 

Got a stain devil that does chewing gum  arriving tomorrow <fingers crossed emoji>

19 hours ago, MJF9 said:

I've removed as much as poss with finger nails... the issue is it's sunk into fabric... tried freezing, no joy ffs! 

Got a stain devil that does chewing gum  arriving tomorrow <fingers crossed emoji>

Use more gum - chew some then push it onto the stuff that’s stuck on your jeans and quickly peel back. The old stuff should stick to the new stuff. Same technique as trying to get sticky residue off that’s been left by sellotape - just use another bit to dab to affected area

Picked as much of the dirty gum off as I (wife's nails) could. The bigger issue was hot day, hot gum and big hot bum were not a good combo... pushed the gum reet into the creases. Luckily a combination of peanut butter, ice, mayonaise... no I'm jesting...

Got some HG off Amazon last night, arrived, treated, jeans drying... 'before' pics below... tune in tomorrow for the 'after' pics... you will not be able to sleep due to tense anticipation :)

44A0B2F2-5918-44BD-B3BC-A7B8A974750C.jpeg

On 6/17/2023 at 2:04 PM, mstax said:

Does anyone have experience with Worldshopping? Considering ordering something from the Times Are Changing website and it automatically sends me to Worldshopping proxy.

i have a couple of times and encountered no problem

On 5/25/2023 at 5:01 PM, 81FXR said:

Hey all,

Big apologies if this isn't the place to ask but feel free to direct me to the correct thread if so.

I've got a weeks worth rotation of Warehouse 4601 T-shirts which I've been wearing for a couple years and hard to argue with the quality and frankly how well they've worn even after washing after each wear. 

However, although I don't mind the boxy fit in the body, whenever I put on a different shirt I'm reminded how much I'd like the sleeves just a little more fitted. I haven't got the arms to fill out any shirt to be honest but something that tents out a little less would be perfect.

Any other loop wheeled tees that are of the same quality but with a slightly different sleeve cut?

Thanks.

If you are still looking for T-shirts, I recently bought a couple of ringer T-shirts from Warehouse that seem to be made from the same loopwheel fabric as the 4601 but have a slimmer arm: https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=96424783

On 6/30/2023 at 7:39 AM, tjsma said:

If you are still looking for T-shirts, I recently bought a couple of ringer T-shirts from Warehouse that seem to be made from the same loopwheel fabric as the 4601 but have a slimmer arm: https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=96424783

Thanks! 

I actually just found the exact tee I was looking for, just posted in the loopwheeled tee thread. 

Samurai ‘Solid Plain’. I’m only able to get off-white/green here in the UK but I bought a few and they’re absolutely perfect. Washed well too.

Similar body fit to the 4601, slightly longer, slightly heavier and softer and closer fitting sleeves with a good sleeve length. 

Edited by 81FXR

I’m sure this has been asked before but for those of you who don’t go for high end t shirts what do you like these days?

My current batch is wearing thin and while I would be happy to wear like a warehouse t or something I just don’t get excited about that and I don’t feel like spending 50-70 for a t shirt. Is there anything well made, mid weight 100% cotton, well fitting etc that go for like around 30$ a pop that you’re liking? I don’t need loopwheeled or MIJ or anything like that, though I’d still rather buy something made in less crappy working conditions. I have some not-so-old Gustin t’s I am not happy with, they’ve been outlasted by my twice as old plain volcom t-shirts so won’t go that route again.   

Tbh I'm clad in gildan heavy cotton since I started working. Fit works out very good, if a bit long, wash well, easy to buy in bulk and pretty cheap. 

Good basic T shirt for under everything and works well on its own. Length is enough for tucking.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that buttons have worn through the fly on a few pairs and wonder if it's better to leave jeans buttoned or unbuttoned before machine washing.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I always button my jeans before washing them, these days, to avoid the buttons catching on other clothes and ripping them. Never had any issues with wearing through the rest of the fly.

5 hours ago, JohnM said:

I've noticed that buttons have worn through the fly on a few pairs and wonder if it's better to leave jeans buttoned or unbuttoned before machine washing.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

You search Japanese forums or YouTube videos for this you’ll find that all the denim nerds in Japan say “wash with top button only closed” 

I wasn’t sure why, but the wearing thru argument makes sense. 

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic