SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

@JDelage Amazon JP is always worth a try as  lot of stores have a shopfront there and it makes the ordering process very simple. Shipping/duties calculated upfront just takes a bit of searching to find the item. 

Note, if you have an Amazon account/Prime account it works across most Euro countries but not the JP site you'll need to set up an account . It's a faff but worth it,  most of my Beams Plus I get via Amazon JP. 

I've actually had refunds from them when the exchange rate has dropped between ordering and delivery!  

Lots do, I’d venture to say most that ship internationally will be tax free (you can ask to make sure) but I believe RMC is one of those brands you can’t find that with. Like IronHeart or PBJ. Someone else will correct me if I’m wrong. 

Need these about 3cm shorter  keep stepping on the heel part.

1. Cuff 3cm higher and leave the old fold line?
2. Or cut at fold line, hem  and wear uncuffed?

IMG_0285.jpeg.9676204cace412ca7d2fbcaa908af64c.jpegIMG_0286.jpeg.bb1c6b302485c6d944929dcbd72f23ff.jpeg

1 hour ago, vlad_III said:

Need these about 3cm shorter  keep stepping on the heel part.

1. Cuff 3cm higher and leave the old fold line?
2. Or cut at fold line, hem  and wear uncuffed?

IMG_0285.jpeg.9676204cace412ca7d2fbcaa908af64c.jpegIMG_0286.jpeg.bb1c6b302485c6d944929dcbd72f23ff.jpeg

I would personally have them hemmed shorter, but I feel there might also be a 3rd option (which may be entirely ruled out by your personal preference):

3. Roll the hem up 2 or 3 times, so old scuff mark is not so visible, and shorter length achieved

Yeah try the tender cuff method! One big cuff, then fold the lower half of the cuff up to meet the original hem line. Idk if that makes sense, there are photos somewhere in the tender thread.

13 hours ago, chicote said:

Yeah try the tender cuff method! One big cuff, then fold the lower half of the cuff up to meet the original hem line. Idk if that makes sense, there are photos somewhere in the tender thread.

image.thumb.jpeg.14e0c8679ce68f30937e09581f4a5c92.jpeg
(I had this image in an email - easier to find than trawling the thread 😅)

On 7/6/2024 at 2:16 PM, tjsma said:

image.thumb.jpeg.14e0c8679ce68f30937e09581f4a5c92.jpeg
(I had this image in an email - easier to find than trawling the thread 😅)

Thanks. Great solution!

On 6/26/2024 at 10:40 AM, discwork said:

What t-shirts do you all like for the summer? My loopwheel stuff feels too heavy for hot weather.

Jungmaven makes some decent ones, but the sizing isn't always super consistent, especially in the lengths.

I've been enjoying the Buzz Rickson BR78960 149, it's loopwheel, but feels much lighter than a Warehouse T, even a bit lighter than Whitesville.

^ If they are Russells, they’re either custom or from a while ago. I don’t think any of their recent stock chukkas have shipped with soft leather soles. 

If you haven’t already, do a Google image search on that image you posted; I think you’ll find some other boots by other manufacturers that look similar and may still be available.

I got an email invoice for renewing my Sufu subscription but wherever I put in my username and password into the pop-up box it just resets the fields and leaves me in the same spot. @superfuture any idea what's going on? Same thing happens on mobile and PC. 

I've yet to find an online store that sells both the FC 1101 (new w/o arcs) and Warehouse 1001xx standard model to compare size charts—does anyone own both and could comment on the fit? It seems like the FC 1101 will be a bit roomier/wider at the same tagged size?

10 hours ago, gmn said:

I've yet to find an online store that sells both the FC 1101 (new w/o arcs) and Warehouse 1001xx standard model to compare size charts—does anyone own both and could comment on the fit? It seems like the FC 1101 will be a bit roomier/wider at the same tagged size?

Celluloid sells both iirc 

Just went to Celluloid to pull both sets of measurements to try and help out but their measurements on the 1001XX are bonkers, they've got the waist for a raw 34 as 97cm! Take with a massive pinch of salt - Warehouse themselves have the 34 listed with a waist size of 88cm!