Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

I just hope they keep selling Full Count, although stock seems to be running low.

It is bad that they're hurting bricks & mortar places, but I've been buying Japanese denim since 1999 and it's only now that I can do it affordably.

I don't know that they're hurting B&M's. I think they're providing customers with the option of being able to buy Japanese denim without the inflated prices. B&M's will always be about customer service and there are plenty of customers that will gladly pay extra for the sake of convenience. BOW is a good example. Jay and his crew always have top notch customer service and I have no doubt that they have a loyal group of customers. Plus, BOW has a pretty good selection of goods and they have decent (pre-soak and post-soak measurements) fit guide to assist people. I've seen a ton of stuff on Denimio and Okayama Denim that I passed on because their fit guide can be wonky at times, despite the prices being much lower. Plus, their stock can be inconsistent at times and they sell out of certain items really fast. With that said, I think Japanese retailers like Denimio and Okayama Denim can coexist with US retailers for the reasons I stated above.

insanity...prices went down to $100 a pair at one point.

Would make it worthwhile for a viberg fan just to fly over for the sale i guess

Yeah pretty crazy, I didn't get in on those deals but I'm okay with that. A redditor went and bought 18 pairs on the last day to proxy out for people. Pretty insane, even managed to snag a few pairs of horsehide that seemed to make it under the radar

Denimio now offering free world wide exchanges, game changer?

Not as big as their headline would make you think, as it's only if their staff advice you incorrectly when you give them your measurements, which to be honest is what you would expect anyway.

if Denimio stepped up the accuracy of their measurement charts I think I would do more business with them (and if they stared carrying Warehouse).  As it stands, they are totally 100% legit as I have ordered from them multiple times.  But I have always had to do my own research before ordering a specific size.  If I could go to the site, order with confidence that the size chart is 100% spot on I would be happier.  

^ I agree on that. You can always ask them to measure items for you, but it's a hassle.

What I do like is their points reward system. The pair of jeans I got in January just got me €12 off my latest order.

They fucking hited filipnos from the south of manila to answer their chat.

Hey so does my credit card company, cable company AND my homework publisher

But if you know what you're buying, it's all good.

Bingo, I think most people who are using denimio have done their research.

just a random thought. If you are anything like me you already have your next few pair of jeans already mapped out. What are the next few pairs of jeans you guys plan on picking up?

For me:

TCB 20s contest

Evisu No. 1

Freewheelers '47

This is more of a five-year plan for me cause I've already got the next two years figured. I'd like a pair of Fullcount 0105 cause I love the standard FC denim but want a straighter leg than the 1101 I own. Sugar Cane Okinawa would be great and there's an ambition to get Evisu No1 fabric with hand-painted black gulls in Osaka as some kind of pilgrimage. In the meantime, I'm really looking forward to taking my '47s further and then starting on my 1001.

I currently have my Flat Head 3009 which i am going to put about 1 month more of wear into before washing and giving them a bit of a rest at the end of June. 

My next pair is going to be Samurai 710xx 19oz for the denimio samurai vs oni contest (next 1 year) which will take up most of my wear time (if not all), starting at the end of June. 

I will then wash and wear my flat heads whenever i can for a more of a vintage look from where they are now. After that year of samurai 710xx 19oz i will probably get back into my samurai geisha 710xx DMO pair. 

If another contest starts up with some cool pairs or if strike gold finally releases a pair of jeans i can fit into I'll get those, as well as keep a lookout for any new collabs that pop up in some interesting denims. 

I have a pair of sugarcanes x hinoya and skull s5000xx already in hand to wear next year but in the far distant future when I might possibly consider buying another pair of jeans I am thinking about a pair of wh ranch.

Edited by pudaspriest

I'm rotating TFH F380 and the Samurai x Denimio 710s right now, looking to either add:

Stevenson Overall Company 340 Calistoga

Sugar Cane Hawaii

I also really want a Samurai S5000 some time, I postponed them because I have the 710s and I want to branch into other brands first.

I'm 3 months in with my SC 47's and want to wear them into oblivion first but next I'd like a trimmer looking cut with enough room for my thunder thighs and big butt so I'm thinking Fullcount 1101 or Warehouse 1001.

I'm currently wearing my SC 1947s about five days a week, to work. I'll put on my Pherrow's 441s sometimes too for a trimmer look.

Once I wear those into oblivion I'd like to get a pair of Warehouse 1001 and something in a Lee style, possibly from Timeworn.

I'm 3 months in with my SC 47's and want to wear them into oblivion first but next I'd like a trimmer looking cut with enough room for my thunder thighs and big butt so I'm thinking Fullcount 1101 or Warehouse 1001.

FC 1101 sound perfect! I've never worn the 1001 though so I can't speak to that.

I'm going to see if the SExTSG collab interests me or if the denim is just too weird for my tastes.  If they don't interest me I'll probably just wear my Flat Heads until they fall apart and probably replace them with some TSG 1105s.  The back pocket on my Flat Heads is starting to really wear thin and I generally just buy new jeans instead of sending them off to be repaired.

Edited by dwilson123

With an imminent trip to Japan decisions need to be made since I'm only planning on picking up one pair...or two.
I've been thinking it will be a pair of Freewheelers for a long time now, probably the '47s. 

Ooe will always be Ooe, but that's another story.

Current plans:

- Continue the Resolute 710 as summer office pair, so most likely 3-4 wears per week

- WH 800 (or shorts) on the weekend, maybe also one 1-2 workdays

- Eternal 811 on colder days and as office / daily pair in the fall

Samurai Geishas will be stored for a while. Also got the 710 BKB for black days and there might be a FC 1101 crossing my way some day. So I'm far from sticking to my old vow to only wear one pair at a time.

Edited by Max Power

I'm going to see if the SExTSG collab interests me or if the denim is just too weird for my tastes.

If you're worried about the denim potentially being too weird, I suspect it will be. Had a chance to see the sample pair in NYC, and it's probably the most over-engineered fabric I've ever seen. Massive loom chatter, and slub so crazy it looks like they picked random thread widths out of a box. I dig it, and will almost certainly pick up a pair if the new fit works for me, but it's going to be a bit polarizing.

My next few years are already spoken for on my shelves. The Ooe contest jeans are going to be a long project, and I'm alternating them with a pair of Stevenson 714 that keep growing on me. Then there's the 22oz Oni jeans for the winter, the Full Count 1101s awaiting attention, the Roy Big Bro 2s that deserve a dedicated owner... If I don't have a kid who ends up with a 31 waist, they're going to be awfully disappointed with their inheritance.

At this point, the best way to slow myself down is planning to only pick up something special if I travel. Boncoura 66 looks like a wonderful pair of jeans, which will wait for a London trip. And when/if I get out to Tokyo again, it would be nice to finally see Evisu No 1 in person. And probably the new Strike Golds, if only because they're the jean I've wanted to get since I first got into denim but none of their cuts have ever fit me.

Possibly some FC 1101 but I'll have to sell my FC 0105XX first, it's strictly a 1-in/1-out basis for me these days. My cooler weather jeans are going to be put away (Ande Whall SR7 and solid blacks, FC 0105SFS, Warehouse Warren, SDA 101) and my summer jeans are coming out of the closet ('customised' LVC 1937 and Ande Whall SR10).

How are those SR7 jeans looking these days, if you don't mind my asking? Got a pair of the SR11 which started to show some beautiful break-in, but after a couple months I realized the mustang cut is just too slim to work. Definitely regret not getting a larger cut, and would love to see what I'm missing out on.

I will get some photos up soon, they're due a crotch repair and have been washed recently, prior to being seasonally shelved. They've had 2 years wear in rotation with other pairs so probably a solid year and have faded really nicely, plenty of vertical fall apparent but still quite a vintage look, although the areas subjected to less wear (i.e. the bottom of the legs) are still very dark. Mine are Buffalos and I have a crispy fresh pair of SR11s waiting for when these are done!