TCB

On 9/11/2023 at 1:39 AM, blooming said:

Update on my Baker Pants- they did in fact stretch in the hips/waist and are snug but comfy now.

Did you get the size M in these? And did they shrink at all in wash? Lastly, how would you compare the fabric to, say, Orslows soft sateen, or other versions you may have handled?

I got a size S. No washes yet, but TCB states they are pre-shrunk so I'm not too worried. Still a pretty tight fit in the waist, but I can sit and move around comfortably. The side buttons are purely cosmetic for these on me.

AedLq0t.jpgKTcFaMK.jpg

@bloom I haven't handled the Orslow fatigues, or any others for that matter. These are really soft, so aside from the waist size issue, there is no break in period before they are comfortable.

Edited by blooming

^those look good, @blooming, and if the fabric behaves like other sateens I’ve had, it’ll soften up even more. My orSlows are like joggers now. Unfortunately they’re the slim version, so looking to get rid of them and find som slightly roomier version.

2 hours ago, bloom said:

^those look good, @blooming, and if the fabric behaves like other sateens I’ve had, it’ll soften up even more. My orSlows are like joggers now. Unfortunately they’re the slim version, so looking to get rid of them and find som slightly roomier version.

My orSlow fatigue pants (wide) are in constant use, I think I wear them more often than any other pants... 

simply buy LVC Japan 505. I think some retailers still have them. I have them but MiUSA. In past years I gave them only 80 wears (so not so much to show) and my target is slowly to convert them to faded Ramones jeans ...

https://pants-shop-avenue.com/item/505-0217/

Edited by vIGGiou riou

44 minutes ago, vIGGiou riou said:

simply buy LVC Japan 505. I think some retailers still have them. I have them but MiUSA. In past years I gave them only 80 wears (so not so much to show) and my target is slowly to convert them to faded Ramones jeans ...

https://pants-shop-avenue.com/item/505-0217/

Thanks, I’ll take a look!

2 hours ago, Raglan said:

Trying to locate a pair of 505´s but they seem to be out of stock EVERYWHERE. Any tips on a different brand with the same cut?

Thanks!

Denimio had them in stock in a couple of sizes in the non version just last week but seems like they have removed it. Might be worth trying to msg them and ask if they still have them available.

9 hours ago, Raglan said:

Trying to locate a pair of 505´s but they seem to be out of stock EVERYWHERE. Any tips on a different brand with the same cut?

Thanks!

If the hunt doesn’t pan out, and you have the patience, I’ll just add that the TCBs are great. Resilient, in my experience at least, stays dark and shapely a long time, fades ever so slowly starting to show after several months. But I’ve also seen great examples of fades, so it’ll happen eventually. If you’re after a true 70s 505, it could be worth waiting around for awhile.

@bloom Agreed with every word there, TCB hasn't overdone it with the 505 unlike many other 60s/70s repros which are often too slim. The only thing that threw me off was the two-tone denim at the waistband, luckily that is not noticeable once faded. It's also quite versatile to style, let it stack a little and it will appear more straight but if you hem it shorter the silhouette will be more tapered.

Edited by NilsLW

Nope, unfortunately americanclassicslondon were not able to ship to Sweden. Thanks for looking @beautiful_FrEaK

…..and the Sugar Cane 1967 seems hard to get as well.

@bloomThanks, it feels much better now! Arrrgh :)

@Geeman Thanks for the tip! 

Wearing a Warehouse lot800xx now in s36 and it is a 10/10 fit except from the leg opening (22,5cm). Would like something in 20/21 and looking at the measurements of TCB505 their s34 it seems everything is just a perfect match.

Edited by Raglan

19 hours ago, SpriteOdin said:

Denimio had them in stock in a couple of sizes in the non version just last week but seems like they have removed it. Might be worth trying to msg them and ask if they still have them available.

Will check, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 3:31 AM, Raglan said:

Nope, unfortunately americanclassicslondon were not able to ship to Sweden. Thanks for looking @beautiful_FrEaK

…..and the Sugar Cane 1967 seems hard to get as well.

@bloomThanks, it feels much better now! Arrrgh :)

@Geeman Thanks for the tip! 

Wearing a Warehouse lot800xx now in s36 and it is a 10/10 fit except from the leg opening (22,5cm). Would like something in 20/21 and looking at the measurements of TCB505 their s34 it seems everything is just a perfect match.

I have the 800 in 36 and 505 in 34 and the 505 are a little too slim in the hips now after the last few washes. Warehouse and TCB seem to run smaller compared to other brands.

Edited by LazyS

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, reallypeacedoff said:

So, is it "Two Cats Brand" or "Taking Care [of] Business" or depends on who you ask?

I'm really digging their style but their inseams are so short, from what I can tell. Don't think I could pull it off.

It’s both, if you ask the owner. Their inseam are pretty normal I think? Usually come at around 36”. You can probably ask them if you need anything longer. Talk to Ryo on IG or just email them.