Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

I'm happy regardless and if they're too loud or lairy or start to disintegrate in a fashion I don't like (hello Warehouse Warren!) I'll simply remove them with a seam ripper. Overall, a simple Levi's-esque arc (where possible) is a good thing in my book.

I do like some unusual designs such as those on my Sugar Cane Oki's and Hawaii's, plus of course my Ande Whall 'wings', although Ande now offers plain pockets for those jeans buyers without a PhD in basic stitch unpicking!

Flying out of Nashville Monday night, I was pulled aside after going through the TSA's X-ray machine.  Looked at the screen to see where the "issues" were at.  Was obviously the leather patch and wallet fade on my jeans.   :wacko: Not sure if they were just practicing their pat down and harass technique, or really didn't know what they were seeing on the X-ray.

Flying out of Nashville Monday night, I was pulled aside after going through the TSA's X-ray machine. Looked at the screen to see where the "issues" were at. Was obviously the leather patch and wallet fade on my jeans. :wacko: Not sure if they were just practicing their pat down and harass technique, or really didn't know what they were seeing on the X-ray.

That's the seal of approval on legit fades if I ever heard it.

Edited by Geeman

I feel mixed--on one hand, I like the arcs on my fullcount and SDA; on the other, I practically never wear my Evisu anymore because I can't swing the dark denim/bright arcs thing. If I got them to be like cheap's or almostnice's then sure, but as it stands this problem is paradoxical..

Flying out of Nashville Monday night, I was pulled aside after going through the TSA's X-ray machine.  Looked at the screen to see where the "issues" were at.  Was obviously the leather patch and wallet fade on my jeans.   :wacko: Not sure if they were just practicing their pat down and harass technique, or really didn't know what they were seeing on the X-ray.

Every time I fly, without fail, the body scan says there's an "issue" around the cuff of my jeans. Not sure why?

i dont really care for loud arcs.  I have always hated the Flat Head arcs to be honest.  Now that they have that stitched on felt arc, man what were they thinking?..  Oni's are also too much for me.    If there are arcs, I like them rather simple and classic.  Levi's, Samurai (unless its the stupid thick bright yellow arcs that sometimes is the case) and Full Count are all ok in my book.  I also like the sashiko that Sugarcane has on their Okinawa and Hawaii.  SDA's are ok too, but most are a take on the classic Levi's design so I think thats why they are fairly agreeable to me.  I think Iron Heart's are kind of pushing it, a bit too "jagged"

Edited by garden gnomes in space

I really dig pre-war single stitch arcuates, the wonkier the better. But unfortunately I don't get on well with pre-war fits.

I'm a fan of sugarcane's old arcuates, I think they successfully pulled off looking Levis-esque, but also looked pretty 'out there' without being daft.

Maybe it's because I've only been into raw denim for maybe 3 years, but I like arcs, and I really like fancy arcs, as long as they're the same color as or in line with the rest of the stitching. I'd get a pair with arcs over one without any day.

(I'd wish more brands or cuts would do variations on classic Lee arcs though, Levi's arcs are getting a bit boring :D This probably is because most cuts are, however loosely, based on Levi's but still.)

Edited by Cucoo

I got some Skulls that have a cross stitched in place of a red tab, not too thrilled with it. Debating if I should remove some stitching to make it an X or just remove the whole thing.

It's not a cross, it's supposed to be a dagger.  

When I looked in the mirror today to see arcuate of my Flat Head 3009 I was thinking: “Man, they are quite loud…†In all fairness, the bright double stitched back pockets on a rather unworn pair are no help. But still…

So what’s your guys take on arcs nowadays? I for myself was a lot more interested to have some Levi’s-style arcs on the back pockets of my precious Japanese jeans some years ago than I am today.

I still find Samurai’s old arcs to be one of the best when it comes to ‘copying’ Levi’s but nowadays I prefer more plain back pockets or Levi’s arcs that are crooked and imperfect over big and bright arcs. An example of good arcs for me would be Full Count's 1920s pair or the arcs you get when you alter Warehouse’s double arcs. Also Full Count standards arcs are very nice and easily changed into Levi’s. Although at the rate those disintegrate by themselves there is no real need for it :D

For the most part I prefer plain back pockets without arcs. However, there are a few exceptions for me. I like TSG's arcs and Ande Whall's wing arcs because they're unique (even though I don't own a pair of AW's yet). But, I also like PBJ's embroidered leaf and Leon Denim's embroidered claw marks. I dislike printed arcs, like the Momotaro battle stripes and Evisu's arcs. They look really tacky imo.

I've really been more into jeans without arcs lately, I think when i first started I was more into flashy pockets and everything but now I just like the plain look. Must be because I've been wearing my Ooe Yofukuten and Roy jeans more than anything else lately. I also really like the back pockets from Stevenson since they are unique in and of themselves without having any arcs and just have an interesting pocket design. That being said I still want a pair of Mister Freedom jeans with the somewhat loud back pocket design...

One of the sides of TFH's arcs are mostly disintegrated and the other half is relatively in decent shape.  I actually dig the asymetrical look.  But its also very obvious that the cause of the asymmetry is because of wearing not a design purpose which is why I think I like it.  Doubt I'd buy a pair of jeans with only one pocket being arced.

I like arcs like Flat Head and Iron Heart, though the 3Sixteen jeans I'm now wearing (and will be for the foreseeable future) don't have any.

I prefer no arcs or tonal arcs. 3sixteen is my all time denim brand.

I had a "denim dream" last night... I went to pronto denim carnival 2016 with my buddy but we also used it as a photo adventure to some of the coast. Sucks that it wasnt real =[

Did you tried some ladyboy?

Glad to see you've still got it.

Arcs have to be really loud for them to be a deal breaker for me, but other than no arcs at all, I generally prefer ones that are an obvious play on Levi's arcs.  I believe I've seen some people refer to Samurai 710 arcs as "stealth" and I really like those (same shape as most other Samurai but are revealed with wear/fading), also really like the domestic Flat Head arcs. Strike Gold and Iron Heart are a bit of a stretch but also very nice, in my opinion.