Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Hey guys!

I'm in the process of planning and organising the next group project, picking up from where our William Lennon boot project collapsed back in 2012.

For this special boot project, we'll be going with an established American boot maker this time.

A sample boot will be made very shortly...not because we need to test the quality of the make, but because the special leather that will be featured has not been made into shoes/boots before.

The idea of this project is that we'll get a pair of one-off boots, with a high-quality leather that has not featured before, from a well-established bootmaker, and at a special price. I hope to be able to provide more details very soon.

In the mean time, if you could please help in the planning of this project by filling out the survey in the link below, which will ask you regarding footwear preferences, it would be much appreciated  :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G3TJK3X

Just got a few repairs back from the clobber.

I met Suitbydayrawdenimbynight a couple months ago and he told me about this local Montreal clobber:   http://www.carinthia.ca/

Brought them a pair of 877 for resole and Service boots for a toe reinforcement (triumph toe tap).

I'm very satisfied with the result. The owner was really happy to see someone bring some Vibergs at his shop.

So if you live in Montreal and want to resole your Red Wings, you know where to go!

30222748822_e507342177_b.jpg

30253217701_c125bd8ac6_n.jpg

Ready for another winter!

Cheers

Guys last year a purchased a pair of osb trench boots with a christy sole for cheap and wore them a bit. Now I'm thinking I'd like to resole to something resembling a dainite; in other words, more traditional but not entirely leather soled. What are my options? I don't know much about different types of soles.

What's up Sufu bros. I'd like your advice on this. I got these viberg service boots in the mail today and immediately noticed how different the two boots were in color. I have a million pairs of boots and understand they're never exactly the same, but these seem to be two completely different colors. They may even out with wear, but they may not! Do you think this is acceptable QC from Viberg?

2nv87bp.jpg

jpkj5s.jpg

16nrxl.jpg

10gn0pl.jpg

Really nice leather and tone!

The lighter more natural shade are extremely difficult to keep even and match.

One could hope for them to age and darken to a much closer shade, but I understand the reasons returning them!

Maybe they did the final inspection and packing under artificial light?

I would have expected some upfront communication regarding this issue in order to check if you would mind...

They're beautiful and I'm pissed I have to return them, but yes I have to figure they checked them under artificial light, where it's still noticeable but nothing like when you take them outdoors, where they look like two different shoes. I have some snuff suede Indy's arriving tomorrow, so barring any issues I'll just go with those for now.

Did anyone pre order the unglazed shell service boots?

Fore the money and hype that Viberg charges, they should be cutting each pattern piece for each boot side by side on the same hide to have matching color and grain. I bet they cut a large number of right and left pattern pieces from various hides and then put them together randomly. Not acceptable for that kind of coin. Beautiful boots tho! 

What's up Sufu bros. I'd like your advice on this. I got these viberg service boots in the mail today and immediately noticed how different the two boots were in color. I have a million pairs of boots and understand they're never exactly the same, b

I assume there is exactly one other Viberg customer who has the same problem... :laugh2:

Edited by elim

Rolling Dub Trio x Mushman's, the Coupen low work boot.

Have been wanting a pair of RDT's for some time but didn't really want another CXL shoe.

Unlike the regular RDT boots these are made with Badalassi Carlo veg tanned leather (cognac) instead of Horween's CXL.

love the contrasting stitching on these.

Enjoyed the review!  I've got a pair of RDT Coupens with black CXL, a year's worth of fairly light wear, and have been thinking of doing a review. This one gives me some impetus. Though I won't have nearly as many nice pics as these.  Overall, I agree with your assessment, though sizing seems bigger than TTS to me, and after some wear there may be a few things to point out.

^I'd run everything by both if unsure, but Kyle at Bakers is usually who you should side with if there's a discrepancy. Quality customer service, no complaints on my end with Bakers! And once you know your size, delve into Whitesriver on ebay once in a while for randoms

Enjoyed the review!  I've got a pair of RDT Coupens with black CXL, a year's worth of fairly light wear, and have been thinking of doing a review. This one gives me some impetus. Though I won't have nearly as many nice pics as these.  Overall, I agree with your assessment, though sizing seems bigger than TTS to me, and after some wear there may be a few things to point out.

what are those?

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...