Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

yeah, they do look pretty similar. got any natural light pics? 

funny how much distressed smooth looks like brown smooth after some obenauf's. wish i could keep my natural midsole that light looking in the front but it gets so dirty at work.

I'm pretty sure my farmer ranchers were purchased after the change in owner ship and i have no issues with them. Also my brother has a pair and they look fine. that doesnt help much seeing as how you want them shorter and in horsehide.

Thanks for the feedback though.

I guess the question for me from here on would be White's vs Nick's for American boots and Oxfords.

Still want a pair of Rolling Dub Trio though.

Also curious as to what Ed thinks about his Mexican engineer sample boots.

OK, theoretically speaking...if we were to do a forum group buy, what would we like?

American-style oxford? Service boot? Engineers?

What type of horsehide - CXL? Veg tan natural? Shinki?

Just brain-storming here, nothing material yet.

Edit: Consider Ed's engineer's first. What I'm planning might only materialise next year.

Edited by mikecch

I'd want a black horse butt engineer, pretty much similar to eddies engineer boot, depending how his turns out. Preferably with a black horse butt leather that would wear to a brown tint underneath the black dye, hopefully a shinki horse or maybe guidi if possible. Guidi horse seems amazing to me 

^ Yeah, let's see how Ed's pair turns out.

I would want to know all the little details though - who makes the boots, where did the leather come from, etc.

I've been thinking about a pair of shoes/boots made of vegetable tanned, natural colour horse, 6 to 7 oz. Yum.

Edited by mikecch

^

Will keep you in mind Aries!

After that failed William Lennon horsehide boot project a few years back, I realised more ground work needed to be done very much in advance.

Also, last time everybody wanted something different...in general that just wouldn't work, and defeats the purpose of a project.

I guess we are all particular about our clothes.

I can do a natural hh in veg tanned but would not recommend it cause it would look funky but watever floats your boat

Ed, I'm a little confused...are you doing a project, or are you starting your own brand?

May I ask who is making the boots, and which tanneries do the leathers come from?

Finally found a rack for my BOR [boots On Rotation]:

89A37ED9-5397-4B5C-A00F-A75665AEB757.jpg

The Lineup: from top left

• Viberg Moctoe Chukka - DIY BrownLicorice Bison, SD on Chrystys

• Viberg EbonyLatigo, Captoes, SD on Dainite

• Viberg X Styleforum "Hopper" TobaccoChamois, SD on 700 X CatsPaw

• Tricker's Grasmere BlackScotchgrain, Faux Captoes, Commando

• Viberg BlackPitTanned Bison, SD on Dainite

• Viberg LodenGreen, Captoes, SD on Commando

• Viberg DerbyShoe MarineTanLatigo, Flat GYW on Dainite

• Tricker's Malton C-ShadeGorse, Commando

• Tricker's X Styleforum Allan TeakCordovan Captoes, BrickRed Dainite

Lasts:

47D3D50D-125D-4CF0-8977-4A39F837D78F.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

Well this is interesting.

Came across this company out of Texas called BECK. Even though they MTO cowboy boots, they also have their own MTO work boots:

MUNSON_1024x1024.jpg?v=1462466811

SIDE_BLACK_SLIGHTLY_WIDE_1024x1024.jpg?v

SIDE_BROWN_SLIGHTLY_WIDE_4229951f-3bf6-4

More options and choices on their site. Handmade and Goodyear welts:

http://beckboots.com/collections/beck-lace-up-boots/products/lace-up-3

http://beckboots.com

Edited by mlwdp

Very nice collection BM! How do you find the pit tanned bison leather? Any different from Horween's bison?

On another note...

Theoretically speaking, if we could do a Sufu shoe/boot, which leather would be more interesting?

Horsebutt? Or, Kangaroo?

I can get some special vegetable tanned Kangaroo made, extra heavy at 1.3 to 1.5 mm - stronger than horsehide, and finer grain & much thicker than the kangaroo used by the big brands (RM Williams, Viberg, etc).

Premium grade Kangaroo usually max 1.1 mm btw.

Horsebutt is just horsebutt, like everyone elses' horsebutt - maybe interesting colours like tan or navy.

Hi Peeps, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but could Iï½ï½“k if yï½ï½•ã€€ï½ˆï½ï½–e ï½ã€€ï½ï½ï½‰ï½’ ï½ï½†ã€€ï½“hell cï½ï½’dï½ï½–ï½ï½Žã€€ï½‚ï½ï½ï½”s, hï½ï½— wï½ï½•ï½Œï½„ yï½ï½•ã€€ï½’esï½ï½Œï½…  it? Thï½ï½Žï½‹ã€€ï½™ï½ï½•

^ Have no idea about cobblers in China. But basically you'll want a cobbler or a factory that can replace a Goodyear welt.

If you want guaranteed quality and are willing to spend a bit more, send them to Japan.

If not, go to your local upmarket men's shoe store - e.g. somewhere that stocks John Lobb, etc - and ask them who they use for servicing.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...