Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Darkthrone said:

Great fit @istewi 

I’m short guy so I don’t think even fat fold will work. Will see after soak. 

I feel your pain. I have a 28" inseam even though I'm 5' 8".

Great fit @istewi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@goodrain@Darkthrone@erockisalive@MasonAlexander 

Thanks! I'm excited to put some wear on my TCBs.

Side note, It's a work in progress, but I've started a little blog for documenting my Journey. I got a little bit OBSESSIVE and bought three different cuts of TCB. I sort of blame Denimio's good prices, promos and point system x__x. Anyway, check it out! : https://michindigo.wordpress.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@istewi Looks like you got the tonal cat ears stitching on the back pockets of your 60s as well! I didn't even notice them on mine until some people here pointed it out. I wonder if that's how 60s are just gonna come from now on, or if it's just the batch that Denimio had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@erockisalive I was thinking about pulling them, but I'm not sure. I noticed them on the denimio picture before ordering, so I knew they were coming. They're barely visible at the moment, although they might be more visible with fading? Maybe that Inoue's intent. I honestly don't mind them that much though. 

The '20s contest jeans are a little more noticeable. 

Edited by istewi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that a lot of people are not big fans of the cat ears. I genuinly like them and wonder if I'm the only one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like them better if it was an actual design rather than just horizontal lines. They way it looks now reminds me of cheap mall brand jeans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sk8eddie said:

I see that a lot of people are not big fans of the cat ears. I genuinly like them and wonder if I'm the only one? 

I'm generally not a big fan of back pocket designs, but these don't bother me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cucoo said:

I'd like them better if it was an actual design rather than just horizontal lines. They way it looks now reminds me of cheap mall brand jeans. 

I get it. But now that I've got my contest 20s again, I'm more pleased with the cat ears than I thought I would have been. The horizontal line pattern fits with the very symmetrical square pockets and echoes other repro workwear pockets (especially chore coats, overalls, and the like). Here's mine (sorry, not the best pic) with my SDA chore coat:

5ab5417d28643_IMG_2958(1).thumb.JPG.f08b06d2c902467d10589da1270ddbe4.JPG

 

Besides, if anything screams cheap mall-brand pockets to me, it's this:

image.thumb.png.fbaf3fabbc99542e7567fa522374162f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally TFH arcs are among my favorite designs, and I know my opinion isn't universal ;) Maybe the cat lines will grow on me, my contest 20s have them too after all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would the stitching be easy to remove if you didn't like it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TCB 20s... with FHUTT, Merz B, Viberg...

2018-03-24 13.39.47.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roping on my tcb 50s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@volvo240thebest hi Volvo, Denimio have the seamen jumper at a very nice price but I was looking at their sizing and it claims a size 46 is 25.4 in the chest. Does it require soaking so that it shrinks down to a size 46? What is your experience? Thanks in advance for any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know the back rise length of the 50s slim version compared to the 60s? size 30 or 32.. I see the front rise is almost 1,5 cm shorter than the 60s so assuming the back rise is lower too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Toegun said:

@volvo240thebest hi Volvo, Denimio have the seamen jumper at a very nice price but I was looking at their sizing and it claims a size 46 is 25.4 in the chest. Does it require soaking so that it shrinks down to a size 46? What is your experience? Thanks in advance for any help.

the seamen jumper is one wash, the shrink is barely noticeable. my bare chest circumference is 41 inches and a size 42 fits like this

TBmaCych.jpg

when I bought it Inoue said I could size down to a 40. All in all I'mglad I didn't, with a 42 I can wear layers, with a 40 I could only wear a shirt or t shirt underneath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, unionmade said:

Anyone know the back rise length of the 50s slim version compared to the 60s? size 30 or 32.. I see the front rise is almost 1,5 cm shorter than the 60s so assuming the back rise is lower too?

Here are the measurements I got for the 50s Slim in size 34, one-wash.
Waist: 90 cm
Front rise: 25 cm
Back rise: 34.5 cm
Thigh @crotch: 32.5 cm

1" more at the front rise and at least 1" more in the back rise and they would be great :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Here are the measurements I got for the 50s Slim in size 34, one-wash.
Waist: 90 cm
Front rise: 25 cm
Back rise: 34.5 cm
Thigh @crotch: 32.5 cm

1" more at the front rise and at least 1" more in the back rise and they would be great :D

agreed, these measurements don't make sense on paper, although the couple fits I saw from westerners do look good. mmh... @istewi has a pair that actually fits great on him, maybe he could chime up and give his impressions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My UES 400ST are similar low-rise but they have at least a front rise of 10.5" (I think) and the back rise is that crucial 1" higher...still much lower than I usual wear but it works with the roomy hips and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks! will go for the straight 50s model when the times come. i find my 60´s a bit too low, even everything else is great on them, fading nicely! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The type II jacket has been discussed to a great length on this thread, but has the fit changed lately (1-2 years)? It seems to me that the jacket is shorter these days from fit pics in this thread than what it used to be. Also, does anyone have pre/post wash measurements from sizes 42 and 44 or is the denimio measurements accurate? I tried an LVC type II jacket which fit pretty good, but was a bit too short and maybe a tad boxy as well. Thinking of buying a TCB one for this summer after 2 years of drooling it over the internet :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@unionmade  @volvo240thebest @beautiful_FrEaK

 

Let me throw some measurements out there.

50s, Size 29

W:30" R:11" BR:15.25" Thigh: "11.5 Knee:8.75" Leg opening:7.95" Inseam: 35.75"

50s Slim, Size 29 

W:31" R:9.5" BR:13.5" Thigh:11.75" Leg opening:6 5/8" Inseam:34"

60s, Size 30

W:30" R:10.5" BR:14" Thigh:11.75" Leg Opening: 7.125" Inseam:32.25"

@Collin has a size 30 in the Slims, so his measurements will differ from mine. 

*Sorry about the inch conversion*

Edited by istewi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toegun said:

 thanks for the info mate.

ur welcome.

2 hours ago, Henkka said:

The type II jacket has been discussed to a great length on this thread, but has the fit changed lately (1-2 years)? It seems to me that the jacket is shorter these days from fit pics in this thread than what it used to be. Also, does anyone have pre/post wash measurements from sizes 42 and 44 or is the denimio measurements accurate? I tried an LVC type II jacket which fit pretty good, but was a bit too short and maybe a tad boxy as well. Thinking of buying a TCB one for this summer after 2 years of drooling it over the internet :D 

Don't take my TCB 50s jacket fit pics as a reference, my jacket was the first ever size 42 prototype Inoue made, and I know for sure that when he started to make batches of my size he adjusted the fit a bit. My 42 is in fact definitely longer than the current run (almost two cm IIRC). 
Denimio measurements are accurate and they will even measure a specific jacket for you if you ask. Refer to those measurements if you want to buy one wash. If you want to buy a raw jacket simply refer to the post wash measurements provided by TCB in their online shop, they're accurate and reliable. A minimal variation due to different batches of fabric won't make dramatic changes that will make the jacket fit/not fit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys!

First post on this forum, I've skimmed through most of the posts in this thread.

I was hoping you could give me some advice, I've recently got 2 pairs of TCB jeans and absolutely love them! I was now looking to get a jacket from them as well and I had originally ordered the chore denim coat but it was out of stock unfortunately. I'm consider trying one of their denim jackets but since I'm a pretty big guy (190 cm and 97 kg) I'm worried that they won't fit me well and be a bit too boxy if you know what I mean. So I was wondering, is there anyone my size who has a denim jacket? Which model would be the "biggest" one they do? I have this jacket in XXL which fits me well: https://caliroots.com/carhartt-michigan-chore-coat-i021002hz01/p/49064 (just for some measurements). 

Really appreciate the help, just reading through the comments have already been hugely helpful!

Best,

Anthony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goofy commute shot of my 50s jacket layered under my Schott. Not much fading to speak of over the last year, but I kinda like that it's retained it's rich dark blue. This is probably my favorite repro fabric aside from the Warehouse banner denim. EDIT: added another shot that does this rich blue more justice.

IMG_20180327_113920.jpg

IMG_20180327_114507.jpg

Edited by STINGER93
Added another photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maio said:

Hi guys!

First post on this forum, I've skimmed through most of the posts in this thread.

I was hoping you could give me some advice, I've recently got 2 pairs of TCB jeans and absolutely love them! I was now looking to get a jacket from them as well and I had originally ordered the chore denim coat but it was out of stock unfortunately. I'm consider trying one of their denim jackets but since I'm a pretty big guy (190 cm and 97 kg) I'm worried that they won't fit me well and be a bit too boxy if you know what I mean. So I was wondering, is there anyone my size who has a denim jacket? Which model would be the "biggest" one they do? I have this jacket in XXL which fits me well: https://caliroots.com/carhartt-michigan-chore-coat-i021002hz01/p/49064 (just for some measurements). 

Really appreciate the help, just reading through the comments have already been hugely helpful!

Best,

Anthony

hey Maio,
can't compare the Carrhart size chart against a jean jacket chart, the cut is too different to understand  what will fit you. do you have any jean jacket pit to pit measurements that you care to share? As for which jeans jacket, go for the 50s which is the one with the most generous chest measurement, the 30s and 60s jackets are a bit narrower.

I know Inoue made the 50s jacket up to a 46 chest, somewhere in his blog there are pics of a very big japanese guy wearing a full 50s tux, with a 46 jacket and a pair of 50s in size 40.

For reference I am 178 cm, weight 90 kilos, bare chest circumference 41 inches/104 cm and I wear a size 42.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Privilege Program