Warehouse

Medine

Generally speaking I avoid RMC products, and I'd probably rather just not have a type 3 than buy one from RMC.

Also just because Celluloid doesn't have size 46 listed for preorder doesn't mean Warehouse won't be making it in size 46.
I'll keep my eye on the Warehouse webshop, every now and then they'll go up to 46/48 on their denim jackets.
I can't discern what their logic is when deciding to make / not make those sizes.
Truth be told I don't need any more denim jackets anyways. :P

36 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Perhaps we should create a “How many denim jackets do you own?” thread!

Great shout.  I was putting this into the 'how many pairs of jeans do you own?' thread but, quite rightly, it should have its own.  Maynard do you want to set it up do you want me to do the honours?  

2 hours ago, mondo said:

Yes, don't know what is up with McCoy's sizing – I am 44 in everything, but bought a second hand Type 3 in 40 based on the seller's measurements. In my case, it turned out to be my best fitting jacket of that type (compared to a UES size 4 – bit too slim, but still serviceable – and a Big John 44, comfortable but a touch too roomy and therefore a bit sloppy-looking).. still a bit early to tell if there will be holes before fades, but I don't think so.. Seller did say they'd hot washed it once to remove shrinkage, so it doesn't seem to be creasing too sharply. At around USD 120, it seemed a chance worth taking.

Their type 3 jacket is made using the same fabric as lot 004. It says unsanforized but I’ve worn mine for a full year and washed it 8-9 times. Very little shrinkage if any. 
Slow fader for sure. See pic. Crotch blow out just started getting dangerous around 365 days. Maybe that was fit related though. But with that tight of a fit I would’ve expected more fading. Anyhow. Nice looking jacket. Just my experience with the fabric. 

DSC02843.jpeg

Raw measurements of 1000XX DSB in size W33 L32

waist 91 cm

front rise 33,5 cm

back rise 44,5 cm

thigh 33 cm

knee 25 cm

hem 23 cm

inseam 89,5 cm

now they are at first wash at 30 C, after they will dry I will repeat same wash and dry. than I will measure them to post results here.

Edited by vIGGiou riou

7 minutes ago, bloom said:

^I really like the pink details on that one. If the fabric feels like when you were a kid, and assuming you’re at least 40 years old, that bodes very well. Wear it in good health, @vIGGiou riou

Thank you…. But I remember jeans even 50 years ago …. :o)

47 minutes ago, vIGGiou riou said:

Has anybody clue to which historical pattern are those pairs related ? And what is difference between 1001 and 1000 ?

IMG_3784.jpeg

I had looked into this: the difference between 1000 and 1001. But I can't remember :D
Also there is "
Lot 1001XX(1000XX)【1947MODEL】"
One might refer to the denim and one to the cut.

Some notes I found:
"1001XX is a late 40s cut"

Two main denim:
1000XX (14.5 oz) and banner denim (13.5oz)
"The 14.5 oz is their flagship "1000xx" denim, considered to be closest to the levis denim used in the 1940s-1950s.
From my understanding the banner denim holds it's indigo better, and has a softer hand from the start.
The 1000xx denim has a bit more nep and slub to it, but loses fades more to white, compared to bluer shades of the banner denim."

I'm not sure if DSB is a new denim in itself or a process for the two (1000XX and banner denim).

Edited by indigoeagle

31 minutes ago, indigoeagle said:

I had looked into this: the difference between 1000 and 1001. But I can't remember :D
Also there is "
Lot 1001XX(1000XX)【1947MODEL】"
One might refer to the denim and one to the cut.

Some notes I found:
"1001XX is a late 40s cut"

Two main denim:
1000XX (14.5 oz) and banner denim (13.5oz)
"The 14.5 oz is their flagship "1000xx" denim, considered to be closest to the levis denim used in the 1940s-1950s.
From my understanding the banner denim holds it's indigo better, and has a softer hand from the start.
The 1000xx denim has a bit more nep and slub to it, but loses fades more to white, compared to bluer shades of the banner denim."

I'm not sure if DSB is a new denim in itself or a process for the two (1000XX and banner denim).

Thank you eagle, seems to me logic. I was also searching in the patterns of late 40ties. But some details are special. Stitch between coin pocket and waistband, side beltloops stitched in angle and shape of the back pockets.... and I am not sure if 1000, or 1001 refer to cut, or fabric...

Denime is 7,5x7,5, it means 13,5 oz as BD, and sure same denime as 1953 DSB 1001XX model (but 1947 model BD is 7x7)

Edited by vIGGiou riou

On 8/30/2023 at 12:42 PM, vlad_III said:

Their type 3 jacket is made using the same fabric as lot 004. It says unsanforized but I’ve worn mine for a full year and washed it 8-9 times. Very little shrinkage if any. 
Slow fader for sure. See pic. Crotch blow out just started getting dangerous around 365 days. Maybe that was fit related though. But with that tight of a fit I would’ve expected more fading. Anyhow. Nice looking jacket. Just my experience with the fabric. 

DSC02843.jpeg

I have the same experience with 004... And I have also type 3 jacket, 004J (same denime). Denim behaves as sanforized. I did initial double wash 40 C and shrinkage was minimal. Now jacket has full 78 days of wear. First wash I plan around 150 days. During week I will do pictures and I will post it in proper thread RMC. It's really slow fader, but some promises of future fading are very nice.... Cut and fit, manufacturing, fabric are top.... and is my favorite from all denim jackets. 

My jeans 004 have only 1 month wear and they look almost as new...

Vlad, your 004 are looking fantastic...

Edited by vIGGiou riou

My WH 1000XX DSB are after double wash in 30 C. Now I am in. They feel very comfortable. They are crispy. But I have to claim the weight. They seems to me as 12-12,5oz. Denim is slubby and has snowy look. And I think they will be very fast faders....

W33 L32 after wash

waist 86 cm

front rise 31 cm

back rise 41,5 cm

thigh 31,5 cm

knee 24 cm

hem 22 cm

inseam 82 cm - WOW !!! exactly 3 inches are gone....

Edited by vIGGiou riou

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. WH 1101 1970 is possible to pre-order, but measurements of sizes were not presented yet. I think it will be quite slimmer fit than the other cuts.

Edited by vIGGiou riou

Now I am in my new WH 1000XX DSB 11 days and I think that would be worthwhile to present how they stretch ten days after initial wash.

Taged size W33/L32

raw/after initial wash/after 10 days (all in cm)

waist 91/86/89

front rise 33,5/31/31,5

back rise 44,5/41,5/43

thigh 33/31/32

knee 25/24/24,5

inseam 89,5/82/83

hem 23/22/22,5  ??????

IMG_3919.jpeg

Edited by vIGGiou riou

15 minutes ago, vIGGiou riou said:

Now I am in my new WH 1000XX DSB 11 days and I think that would be worthwhile to present how they stretch ten days after initial wash.

Taged size W33/L32

raw/after initial wash/after 10 days (all in cm)

waist 91/86/89

front rise 33,5/31/31,5

back rise 44,5/41,5/43

thigh 33/31/32

knee 25/24/24,5

inseam 89,5/82/83

hem 23/22/22,5  ??????

Thank you, this is very useful information. How do you measure size? With the front and back aligned?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! I am new to the denim / warehouse game.  Am researching my next pair (currently own the 800xx). Hope to gather some opinion here regarding the following models based on the silhouette and availability.

I do enjoy the 47 and 66 cut so far but open to explore other shape.  But I found the hem size of 23 is my upper limit. So I am not a fan of very wide jeans.  (1003xx was ruled out due to its wide hem size) 

1001xx (1947cut) vs 1100 (66) 

- wonder what’s the general comment here on both cuts?  Can I presume when compared to 1100, the 1001 has higher rise and wider leg room but tigher on the top block?  How does the 1001xx compared to the sugarcane 47 and the 1100 compared to Resolute 710?
    - when I searched for eg 1100, seems only the “2nd hand” is available?

1101 - I learnt it is repro of the 66 cut. What’s the difference between 1101/1100 regarding the shape?

Is there any meaning of xx in the model number?  Also, wonder why warehouse is appealing to you compared to the other Osaka 5 as the listed price is relatively high.  I guess the accuracy on the details is a big thing?

Any thoughts welcomed.  Any subjective recommendation of other choices will also be appreciated.   many thanks. 

Edited by obama
Fixed typo

6 hours ago, obama said:

Is there any meaning of xx in the model number?  Also, wonder why warehouse is appealing to you compared to the other Osaka 5 as the listed price is relatively high.  I guess the accuracy on the details is a big thing?

XX was the name of the early overalls made by LS&Co - I think that might be right up to 1900 or so, but there’s quite a few guys on here a lot more knowledgeable so they’ll probably add to that. 

It's a bit confusing. I had looked into it, but I don't remember the details.

I think there was for instance 1001, which was the banner denim 13.5oz (3 states denim) and then 1001XX connoted the slightly heavier denim, 14.5 oz (Memphis cotton).
The banner denim is softer and stays more blue, the 14.5oz is a bit rougher and neppier.

I think both 1001 models, at least the main ones, are now called 1001XX, with the latter 1001XX HEAVY OUNCE.

And recently the dead stock blue (DSB) with pink selveldge and the new/WWII denim with orange selvedge.