allacedout

Sugar Cane Denim

On 7/10/2017 at 3:28 AM, Iron Horse said:

Crazy :blink::D

The thighs on the 2009 cut are already very slim, which forced me to size up, but then the waist was huge. 

It's mostly below the knee in my experience. Personally, I actually think the 2014 is a more well rounded fit that the 2009.

36 minutes ago, BAerts said:

It's mostly below the knee in my experience. Personally, I actually think the 2014 is a more well rounded fit that the 2009.

That would make sense; to me the 2009 cut was made for guys with skinny legs only, so it would make sense that the 2014 would be an updated cut; Self Edge measurements show the thigh on the 2014 is 11.75, up from 11.6 on the 2009, which looks better to me.

Most reliable place to get measurements for the washed '47?

On 14.7.2017 at 3:29 AM, Iron Horse said:

Self Edge measurements show the thigh on the 2014 is 11.75, up from 11.6 on the 2009, which looks better to me.

Weird though, because the thigh measurement for a size 30 is 10.8" on the 2014 vs 11.2" on the 2009, according to the same tables. 

7 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

Weird though, because the thigh measurement for a size 30 is 10.8" on the 2014 vs 11.2" on the 2009, according to the same tables. 

And the plot thickens. :blink: Perhaps someone with authority and a 30 waist must have complained about the thighs on the 2009 being too big. :P

On 31/10/2016 at 2:39 AM, Coolguyzack said:

So while my Ooes are getting repaired, I bought a pair of Sugar Cane 1966s, specifically SC42966. It doesn't have the ugly star!

The fit:

Size: 30

XXyXjiw.jpgJXl55ym.jpg

Post some more pics as those don't work! :D

A few closeup shots of my Type III worn since May.  Washed recently since they get visibly dirty faster than your standard indigo pair.  Love this denim, develops a nice sheen and also a chalky quality at faded areas at the same time.  

20170910_203544.jpg

20170910_203925.jpg

20170910_204015.jpg

2 hours ago, Dr Feelgood said:

IMG_20170911_202455_HDR.jpg

Quite a collection you got there! I love the price point of SC'a flannels and shirts but haven't taken the plunge yet due to sizing as I would need a minimum of 51cm in shoulder shirt measurements.

Aye aye. Selling off some cool jeans if anyone's interested. Would entertain trades for a 34 or something else

Edited by BAerts

Those are great.  Beautifully subtle

My legs outgrew my 470's. Gonna need a size up since they're my fav black jeans ever. Also my 47's still going strong after a year of wear. Still a lot of indigo for how much they see the washer and dryer. 

A question for sugar cane 1947 jeans owners:

are the jeans supposed to be on the baggy side? how should it fit actually, should it be in the middle of the spectrum ?

Wide but not baggy.  Fuller thigh, high waist.  47 is a repro of a similar Levi's style.

Anyone know if Sugar Cane still do runs of the rainbow okinawas or was it a one time thing?

Unfortunately I think that ship has  long sailed, although some places may have the odd pair left. Occasionally they come up on the forums or possibly Japanese auction sites.

Niro, Maynard is likely right but Naoki at Pants Shop Avenue may be a possible source. As I recall, they once had them raw, the only ones I’ve seen not one wash. Mine were one wash, starting out a dark indigo color and the evolution as the indigo faded and the colors emerged was a kick! Best of luck. If I find a source, I’ll let you know - please do the same for me as I’d like another shot at them. [email protected]

edit - www.rogues.co.jp, Rakuten Global Market has a size 31 in what they are calling "hard wash" for $235.86 US. Hard wash likely means they will start out with some color showing.

Edited by lance