Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I have two pairs of those jeans. One is quite baggy the other fits more snug. I use the baggy pair for work (construction) and the other for partying. If you are a size 29 in most jeans I would buy a size 29 in these jeans. they will seem big when you first get them, but they should, after a hard wash, shrink to a 29. If you don't plan on ever hard washing them then you should buy a size 28, because after a soak and hang dry the jeans should shrink to a 29. You should order them through history preservation if you are in the US. They will have to order your size 29s, but that should only take a couple of weeks. Order them soon, though, cuz i hear the prices are suppose to go up!

Guest Berget__
Quote:

damn damn..anyone has pics of themselves wearing it?? these are kinda like a slim cut right?well, slim-ish anyway right?

--- Original message by allacedout on Oct 6, 2005 11:31 AM

theres a japanese dude on rakuten thats wearing them...

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient-menuext&hl=en&u=http%3A//www.rakuten.co.jp/bears/607817/618635/573445/

I aint gotta get money man money get me

They are about a 11.5" rise. They are worn around the waist. About an 1.5 inches to 2 inches below the belly button. you can buy them big and wear them around your hips. If you are going to buy these jeans buy a 29. they should fit you well. If they shrink too much they will always stretch out. But once again you can control the amount of shrinkage buy trying them on when you get them and washing accordingly. Cold water soak for little shrinkage to a Hot water wash for more shrinkage. Hang Dry.

I just bought the okinawa hawaii s, and found out that they are one wash. What does one wash mean, cause they look pretty deadstock to me (except for the tag), will this affect how well they will break in?

It means they have been washed once! Basically Sugarcane have done the pre-shrinking for you. They will have lost a little indigo and some starch, but otherwise they will wear in just fine - the pics above are Canes' worn from one-wash state. So fret ye not.icon_smile.gif

hang on hang on.. bro,how big does the size you bought measure at the waist opening? the area where i measured i wear my jeans, are abt 32".. i usually wear 29, but as i said, most are low cut and the opening is usuallya fair bit larger than 29"

help!!

i'm prob gonna cop these..so niceand crispy.

Quote:

Thanks ringring. you should really make a ringring X sugarcane jean, you would make a fortune on superfuture alone.

allacedout are you asking me? I havent got them yet, when i do I ll take complete measurements and photos.

--- Original message by eldave04 on Oct 7, 2005 06:16 AM

haha yeah..

both you and denimheadcase..

hope you like youe hawaiis!!! how much did you bust out for em?

Quote:

Thanks ringring. you should really make a ringring X sugarcane jean, you would make a fortune on superfuture alone.

allacedout are you asking me? I havent got them yet, when i do I ll take complete measurements and photos.

--- Original message by eldave04 on Oct 7, 2005 06:16 AM

haha yeah..

both you and denimheadcase..

hope you like youe hawaiis!!! how much did you bust out for em?

hang on hang on.. bro,how big does the size you bought measure at the waist opening? the area where i measured i wear my jeans, are abt 32".. i usually wear 29, but as i said, most are low cut and the opening is usuallya fair bit larger than 29"

Sugarcane's will shrink to tag size (although not everyone on here has had the same experience, so do a search). So the waist measurement when shrunk should be what's written on the tag. ie. a pair that is marked 29" will have a waist measurement of 29". This is measured by laying the jeans flat, measuring right across the band waistband and then doubling the measurement.

The waist may stretch out an inch or so over the tagged size, depending on how you wear them.

LOL, yeah, get Sugarcane to drop me a line. LOL. Thanks anyway.

ringring, do you know if there are any japanese jeans that aren't shrink to fit? Some jeans have the XX marking and some don't, but even some of the ones without the XX are said to shrink at some pages. I am specifically wondering about these http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.takeoff-clothing.com/shop/show.php%3FGoodsCD%3D860

and these http://www.j-fabled.com/shopping_catalog/fob_f151/fob_f151.html but I suppose it's asking too much of you to know a specific pair :) Btw, I think I read on the Iron Heart site that Iron Heart's don't shrink, is that true?

tally-hoo

I just got a pair of sugarcanes in the mail today. They are unwashed 31's (usually where 30). Right now they feel quite baggy for my liking, particurally around the knees. What's the best way I can get them to shrink or should I try to return them for a size or two down? I wash thinking I might sit in the bathtub for a while to get them to shrink. (I didn't want to wash them but they feel to big now)