Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

On 3/27/2020 at 6:12 AM, JDelage said:

@Tangem2 - Very nice. I wasn't clear whether the measurements posted by OD were raw or one washed...

I ordered off of Denimio and they didnt have measurements so I hoped they would fit like my other s5000vx and they are pretty darn close. The pair I got havent been washed.

Edited by Tangem2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Could anyone please comment on the characteristics of the 17oz denim used in the S610LX, as far as shrink and stretch, fading capabilities, and comfort? 

I'm between sizes 28 and 30. The waist is a little small in the 28, but 30 is too large if they may stretch close to, or past raw measurements in the waist. 

Common advise I've read is to buy the larger size and just use a belt, but in my experience, all my jeans and pants still stretch out to be too large in the waist even if I use a belt, unless I size smaller in the waist to start out. 

This cut seems pretty hard to find. Denimio only has a size 28 left and the only other place where I can find other sizes seems to be 2nd on Rakuten, which I just read is closing by mid June. I was going to save up for the end of the year but might have to bring forward my purchases. 

Edited by cause4pause

@beautiful_FrEaK

Thank you.

How does the Pandemic appear to be affecting JP retailers?

I have not noticed any elasticity in pricing from my own surfing...nothing like what has been experienced here in the US.

For example, although the MF Sale was initially quite exciting, I certainly hope it is not the precursor to closing up shop as a result of the Pandemic effect on the economy.

6 hours ago, cause4pause said:

Could anyone please comment on the characteristics of the 17oz denim used in the S610LX, as far as shrink and stretch, fading capabilities, and comfort? 

I'm between sizes 28 and 30. The waist is a little small in the 28, but 30 is too large if they may stretch close to, or past raw measurements in the waist. 

Common advise I've read is to buy the larger size and just use a belt, but in my experience, all my jeans and pants still stretch out to be too large in the waist even if I use a belt, unless I size smaller in the waist to start out. 

This cut seems pretty hard to find. Denimio only has a size 28 left and the only other place where I can find other sizes seems to be 2nd on Rakuten, which I just read is closing by mid June. I was going to save up for the end of the year but might have to bring forward my purchases. 

I heard Rakuten is closing, but are you sure e2nd is closing?

also denimio I think is taking the arcs and tab off their jeans if sending to USA

4 hours ago, lyraman said:

I heard Rakuten is closing, but are you sure e2nd is closing?

also denimio I think is taking the arcs and tab off their jeans if sending to USA

Sorry, I didn’t word that right. I meant that Rakuten as a platform itself, is closing by mid June. Although I’ve shopped on Rakuten before and quite familiar with how it works, I haven’t shopped from 2nd directly as the website is all in Japanese and hard to navigate.

Looking to send to Australia, but it never occurred to me that they might remove the arcs and tabs too, thanks for the heads up.

Edited by cause4pause

Yeah Denimio had it on their website for a couple of days that they were removing all arcs and tags, then that wasn’t on their website and I asked them about it and they said they had to, they are a little tricky

Anybody has the 710 and the 511 cuts in the same size? Do you take the same size in both? I'm kinda confused with the measurement charts from different online retailers.

From Blow Owl, it seems like the 511 has more room in the thighs than the 710 with a stronger taper while from Okayama Denim measurements 511 and 710 have the same thighs but 511 has a stronger taper. Which one is right?

Thank you, 

I know Samurai isn't the most prevalent or talked about brand here these days, but I saw this redesign recently and to me it ruins Samurai. Similar to the direction FC seems to be headed.
Link to the new collection: http://www.samurai-j.com/catalog/pdf/2020aw.pdf 
Levi's must be pushing their lawyers again as Samurai has moved the tab to the top of the back right pocket (this placement always reminds me of mall brand jeans for some reason...).
The tab is now blue and all their standard jeans come with tonal arcs instead of contrast gold/yellow.
Of course on Reddit this is considered good move, and that the arcs and tabs made them look like "cheap Levi's knockoffs". I guess Samurai seems to know their target demographic..

Thanks for the heads up @Broark. I went ahead and grabbed the last pair of 710's in my size at OD. I agree that the new blue tab looks shite. But, maybe it's a good thing for me as there are plenty of Japanese denim brands I haven't tried because I enjoy the 710 fit and Samurai's details so much. 

Happy to help @LuckiestRacoon glad you got a pair as they're intended to look.
I had a pair of the 16th(?) anniversary 710's with the organic cotton a few years back.
They were nice, not too slubby. But I sold them awhile back since I wasn't crazy about the tapered fit anymore.

I'm not thrilled about the loss of arcs and tabs, but if it's due to the lawsuit, I get it. Still, their collection looks solid. Samurai is still one of my favorite brands, the 510 is still one of my favorite cuts, and it's a little sad to me that they don't get the praise around here that they used to. Tastes evolve. Samurai is appealing to a different, broader market. 

hey bestWR... 710 I owned many years but still is to hard to break them due to the weight of denim 19oz. I wear them max 30 days per year in winter... 511 are 15, oz so more wearable ... my experience is that 511 ae more slimmer fit ... but have to say when i bought 511 I didn't like them, I preferred 710...  710 has more room in thighs and taper is quite more smooth ... but during the time I started to love more 511... they are more comfortable in waist and better for spring till autumn season because of 15 oz ...  in case I can compare 511 with different brand, they have cut like competition GBG 001 ... I attache measurement of both of them when I bought them before I tried them ...

710 (W34/36) in cm

W 88 / Fr.rise 29 / B.rise 39,5 / thigh in crotch 32,5 / knee 24 / hem 21,5 / inseam 97

511 (W34/36) in cm

W 89 / Fr.rise 29 / B.rise 39 / thigh in crotch 32,5 / knee 23 / hem 20,6 / inseam 95,5

Edited by vIGGiou riou

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys ... I have in Classsified thread advert for new S5000VX 21oz in size 32/36 for super denim price ... 

Edited by vIGGiou riou

• 2 weeks later...

So it's probably been about a year of rotational wear for my S511SJC-AI.  Probably ordered a size smaller than I should have so I'm looking at my first possible crotch blowout.  Lovely jeans otherwise, but probably going to retire these for a bit until I bother to send them along with a few other pairs to get repairs. I'm fairly certain these are rope dyed which is why I'm actually getting fades on these as opposed to my PBJ AI-003.

IMG_20200611_211905.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200611212124889_COVER.jpg

IMG_20200611_212500.jpg

IMG_20200611_213101.jpg

IMG_20200611_213224.jpg

IMG_20200611_213429.jpg

Hey lads, I’m looking for black x black jeans not very heavy and they offered me some 

5000bk 17oz Zero

511nbk 17 oz in black

i like the 511 cut better but the 5000 looks better overall and it’s cheaper. 

are these good? I always wanted to get some samurais but never did. There’s always some kind of problem that makes it impossible.  Now it’s some other brand (ONI) that is making me doubt BUT too high rise for me and not sure about the fits.

I prefer low mid raise and not skinny but tapered. 

Are Samurai a good choice?