SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I picked up a bunch from Muji - they happened to have a sale going on. Got 2 sizes expecting to return half and ended up keeping mostly smalls but a few mediums because I liked the fit of both. I'm perpetually between a S and a M for knits. Anyways, plenty happy with them for what they are - can move on now from my threadbare batch of grays and whites I got like 8-10 years ago. We'll see how they hold up. 

Does anyone know when Warehouse restocks their denim jackets? Looking through the catalog, it appears to be more of a S/S item but their releases in various shops is all over the place.. I'm on the hunt for any of their Duck Digger models (WWII, I, & II)

6 hours ago, ReverendGlasseye said:

Does anyone know when Warehouse restocks their denim jackets? Looking through the catalog, it appears to be more of a S/S item but their releases in various shops is all over the place.. I'm on the hunt for any of their Duck Digger models (WWII, I, & II)

They produce some models for both seasons, but not the same jackets each year. This can be a hard thing to buy. Keep an eye on their instagram, catalog, online shop and the pre-order page on their website. Warehouse jackets will sell out within a day or two on Hinoya and I haven't noticed any shop in the USA stocking them recently. It's a good idea to look through their stockists for smaller shops in Japan that can take overseas orders (assuming you are overseas). This shop still has a small sized 1953 from this year; he will ship overseas and has made pre-orders for me before.

1 hour ago, willi said:

They produce some models for both seasons, but not the same jackets each year. This can be a hard thing to buy. Keep an eye on their instagram, catalog, online shop and the pre-order page on their website. Warehouse jackets will sell out within a day or two on Hinoya and I haven't noticed any shop in the USA stocking them recently. It's a good idea to look through their stockists for smaller shops in Japan that can take overseas orders (assuming you are overseas). This shop still has a small sized 1953 from this year; he will ship overseas and has made pre-orders for me before.

Thanks for the info! The past few days I have been trying to see if there was a pattern for when they're manufactured/released but to no avail. Nevertheless, I emailed Warehouse themselves about some models.

Take a look through Standard and Strange's inventory today. They have a few models from previous years and they're on sale for 30% off.

It seems like if Warehouse jeans make it to the US, they will sit in inventory for a long time. If they're in Japan, they will sell out almost immediately.

How do you all store your denim? Any good ideas? My sleeping denim collection is getting a little big and thinking about the best way to keep it feeling fresh. Especially my heavyweight denims feel a little "sticky" if sleeping in a drawer for too long.

So I'm going to post a new sweatshirt but have not worked out which thread

Vintage sweatshirts won't do as it's not vintage

Unknown Japanese brands - can't find it, plus they are not unknown

Do we have a New Sweatshirts thread?  If not, should I open one up?  

Calling resident Sufu librarian @Maynard Friedman for input on existing threads!!

^ I think the Vintage Sweatshirts thread refers to vintage and vintage-style sweatshirts rather than just old ones, so I’d say that’s the right place. Unless of course it’s some kind of modern Rick Owens number that comes down to your knees.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wearing orslow's french work pant lately, which I appreciate for its high rise. It's a very light fabric that I'm comfortable in all summer. A perfect version for me would have an extra inch of inseam and less taper, but the short inseam (on a tall frame) can look good with summer shoes.

I have a couple of (slightly) different pairs of RMC WWII chinos. They are good. Can look formal with crease ironed in. I also still wear my FW Prospector overalls which are very light weight. 

I have various pairs of old Warehouse and Buzz Rickson's chinos which are good, but for "super lightweight" it has to be Orslow painter pants in their 9oz denim. Impeccable details, soft breathable denim with just the right level of texture and furriness. A bit hard to dress up, though, unless you were to make every other article of clothing exaggeratedly formal and defeat the purpose of wearing lightweight.

i wear the gramicci loose taper pant a lot in (australian) summer when shorts aren't appropriate; might not be popular with superdenim bros, though. stan ray sateen fatigues are even more lightweight and half the price of orslow etc.

Edited by conqueror

I never paid any attention what is said/asked about proxy services, because it is something i wasn't going to use.

The time has come. How does it work? I figured out you can use it for auction sites. But I found an item on a regular webstore who doesn't,t ship out of Japan

Its a pair of glasses from Effector.

Thanks

33 minutes ago, smoothsailor said:

I never paid any attention what is said/asked about proxy services, because it is something i wasn't going to use.

The time has come. How does it work? I figured out you can use it for auction sites. But I found an item on a regular webstore who doesn't,t ship out of Japan

Its a pair of glasses from Effector.

Thanks

Go to fromjapan. They have a service where you can provide a link and they respond if they can get it for you or not. Works like a charm. 

10 minutes ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Go to fromjapan. They have a service where you can provide a link and they respond if they can get it for you or not. Works like a charm. 

+ for fromjapan. I used it without any problem.

@smoothsailor - if shipping to the US, you will be asked for a "ball test certificate" to import glasses. Look it up. You can just download the form and fill it up yourself, but FedEx won't deliver without it. It's mostly an inconvenience because your shipment will wait for 1+ week for that to get resolved while you exchange emails with a fedex rep.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic