Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

Nice ALB! I'm planning of wash my pair in a week or two and post more pictures then.

I actually met Neil from S&S here in Kalmar, Sweden a couple of days ago. We had a coffee and talked about denim and stuff. It was a great time, unfortunately I totally forgot to take pictures. I hope to meet him again! A great dude!

3 months and 1 day. Nothing too exciting going on and working all summer with the exception of the last week of July. Going out to San Diego and LA. Excited that I'm finally getting to visit SE and Mister Freedom. Not sure what else to see though.

Also washing these somewhat frequently. Think it has maybe 7 washes or so.

MwKnko9.jpg

gRgJ5fM.jpg

EfDxv6W.jpg

BxkzwMI.jpg

On your drive from San Diego to L.A. stop at Huntington Beach for the U.S. Open Surf competition. It is right at the pier. It's amazing, even better if there is good surf. Parking is a bitch, but worth the hike.

It looks like I'm going to be in Stockholm and London later this month for work. Anyone have recommendations for a nice dinner in Stockholm (it'll be just me, and I've got one night there) or things to see aside from the major tourist spots in London?

I really like the restaurant Lilla Ego. One of the chefs is from my hometown Oskarshamn. It's a really popular so maybe it's already fully booked. You can reserve a table on their website!

Edited by tigerstrom

Sorry everyone, I've been severely lacking in updates lately...It gets to the point where I have so many pictures that I get overwhelmed and end up not posting anything at all, so for the time being, here's at least an update! Jeans had their first wash since maybe late April? And then threw them in again because I sat in some...liquid...at a BBQ over the July 4th weekend

28119873515_6320b53f3b_c.jpg

Lovely shades of blue starting to come out, and you can really see the vertical striations of LHT. They've become super soft/comfy as well, and I think I finally have all of the shrinkage out, at least length wise. No puckering or roping so much with the hem, though the waist band is starting to a bit, mostly due to my belt rubbing against it. Hopefully I'll get some more pics up eventually!

Wow, amazing texture on that denim.

I really like the restaurant Lilla Ego. One of the chefs is from my hometown Oskarshamn. It's a really popular so maybe it's already fully booked. You can reserve a table on their website!

Ahhh! That place looks fantastic but they are closed for the summer (til Aug 16th). Everyone seems to love them, from what I can see online.

... Next time

• 2 weeks later...

Nice update!

Lost count of washes personally but I'd say maybe 6 or 7? Been washing bi-weekly lately mostly out of convenience but I really like the blues popping out and will probably continue washing them frequently moving forward. Love these jeans!

Still been wearing these almost every day, trying to give them a wash every month or so but it's tough given how hot it's been here.

Might need to send them off for some crotch repairs in a few months, I think it's happening because the rise is kind of high but I don't wear them all the way up where they're meant to be worn so the extra fabric rubs together. Just seeing some threads on the inside almost disintegrate, guess that's to be expected with cotton thread and daily wear! Nothing bad yet though.

Might also get them hemmed when they go off for repair too, would be nice to have them an inch or so shorter.

Pictures soon! 

coming along nicely Aho.  As usual, you are a texture-san.  I remember your warehouse looking good, im thinking due to the frequency of washing method you employ.  I feel a lot of us are on the cusp of greatness with this denim.  The texture is starting to show its 3D quality on many a pair.  Im excited to see what is in store as I feel things will start to get interesting relatively soon.  

Four months in, Whoo! Things are still going quite slowly with these jeans - they probably only have 2-3 months of effective wear due to alternating them with my Stevensons, and have been washed about four or five times including the initial soak/wash.

Definitely seeing some of that same amazing vertical falling from slub threads here and there on the thighs, plus a generally sweet electric blue color in the more faded areas. I'm just amazed at how dark the rest of the denim has remained. Usually after 4-5 washes, I feel like most denims shift from the super-dark purplish indigo color to more of a dark blue shade.

Also interesting, it feels like this denim has generated less whiskering in the top block than my other jeans at a similar stage. Aside from the spot where my keys and my phone produce bulges in my pockets, and a bit of fading on the button fly, the rest of the top block is almost uniformly dark. Weird, but I guess that matches the worn pair we were shown before the contest - really light and nicely textured denim on the thighs but almost no contrasting whiskers across the top block.

This morning in the sun before work:

LikMnAs.jpg

Everyone's jeans are looking really good, I tried taking some photos after a wash yesterday and it made me realize how boring mine look!
Could just be my camera or something, I'll just keep wearing them regardless. Maybe the next iPhone will have a better camera.

:P

Looking good Felonius!

Finally got around to scanning a bunch of film recently and updating my website. No real updates on the denim so ill just post some film scans for now.

Some stuff from me and my girlfriends drive out to LA plus some photos since we've been here:

28809377796_6378803a16_z.jpg

28223214204_f7294a03cb_z.jpg

28223232864_ebdf6f1977_z.jpg

28809438586_d6ec6c129b_z.jpg

Oh yeah heres a link to my website that I finally finished earlier this week too if anyone is interested http://guthrie-king.com

Edited by guthriegking