Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

Yeah I am surprised at how much evo these are showing already, I haven't even been wearing them everyday. The shade of blue that is showing up is really amazing imo, really loving this pair more and more as time goes on.

^lol luckily (?) the wait lists I'm on for more shell models have me pretty far down on the queue so I probably won't get another for at least 1.5 years...As far as the jeans, I'm only at 3 washes so far!

I'm trying to get shell make-ups for the shop right now...  slow going.   We're also doing shell with Trickers, but those will be... really goddamn expensive.

Here's my updates - 3 washes on mine as well, and I wear them nearly every day.

Good light at Gimpo International to catch the phone fade:

fDoN5Sg.jpg

On the porch this morning in Sangenjaya:

MpdtjaW.jpg?1

RdYK1GV.jpg

...We're also doing shell with Trickers, but those will be... really goddamn expensive....

Now this will be interesting! 

Sorry that this post is much delayed, but work and yadda yadda yadda. Time for an update, and this is a pretty long one. Will try to make them a bit shorter, sweeter, and more frequent in the future.

This has been a pretty monumentally crappy spring in New York, and even the nicest days for strolling through the park were pretty overcast and a bit gloomy. But cherry blossoms make everything better, so that's helpful.

mwMmlgz.jpg

Got a chance to take a fit pic while out there. This is almost a month old now, so there's been subsequent progress on the fading.

giUKVVk.jpg

Also there was the America's Cup World Series race just off Manhattan this year. This seemed as good an excuse as any to enjoy the grey skies and sneak cava into coffee to-go cups when the cops weren't patrolling the coastline sidewalks. Not sure if those teams are really getting their full $10M value out of the boats, but damn can they move when the wind gets up to speed. Also, they appear pop entirely out of the water due to a submerged third keel, which will really screw with your head the first couple times to see it.

XrrgDdf.jpg

But as spring was taking way too long to get here, and we were in pretty dire need of a vacation, the girlfriend and I headed off to Tulum in the Yucatan for a long weekend. Just got back Wednesday and I already miss it.

Our bungalow was just a few steps from the beach (and she woke up at sunrise way too many days)

vkiRYTw.jpg

We tried to spend as much time there as possible

n4DRQq3.jpg

But excellent meals pulled us away. This was a local restaurant on a private beach - there was one quiet hotel at the top of the inlet, then large private homes all along the beach heading down, and finally this restaurant occupying the last several hundred meters of beach, with tables and hammocks arrayed under palm trees at the edge of the sand. Amazing setting, and the best place to kick back with a couple beers, fresh chips and guacamole, and a heaping plate of ceviche.

UkGeFHd.jpg

The area also had ruins, just on the outskirts of town and running along the ocean, as Tulum was a port city for the Mayans way back when. And numerous sinkholes in the local limestone rock reach down to the (rather high) watertable, so you can bike to spots in the jungle where a staircase will take you 20-30 feet down to go swimming or diving through the natural caves below.

Szg1Co7.jpg

MR8F3CQ.jpg

Needless to say, this did not result in much wear on my jeans aside from travel out and back. But I gave my pair their third wash this weekend and some blues are definitely starting to show up. That leg twist on the right side is gonna get reallllllll good.

RYQOiCZ.jpg

There seems to be astonishingly fast wear at the outside back pocket rivet, which looks cool but may just mean I'm sitting super lopsided...

px9jLGD.jpg

And has anyone else noticed that the weird horizontal bars are fading a little faster than the rest of the fabric? I seem to notice it in a couple people's pictures. Here it's pretty visible on my thigh. The normal whiskering pattern is up high in this shot, but then you can see straight lines of exaggerated horizontal fading around the middle. Hopefully that will calm down with more wear and washing, but I'm surprised how long those bars have remained noticeable.

XilvdWg.jpg

Yeah, it's especially nice that the cross-hatching and texture on this denim just seems to have started popping out after a bit over a month of wear. At first the massive contrast between the weft fibers and the very dark warp overwhelmed the slight irregularities, and made it seem like a very uniform denim, a bit boring perhaps. Now that the fabric is starting to lighten up just a little and the warp fibers are getting a little worn and fuzzy, there seems to be more depth. Should get really good with another couple months and more washes.