Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

I've got some exciting news, so I just put together a new photo zine and it is currently up for sale over at http://zinekong.com/products/star-gazing they also carry a lot of other books by some truly amazing photographers. Give it a look and buy one of you want (they're super cheap)! Most of this project was shot while wearing my ooe's so theres that too. Thanks for the support in advance even if its just letting other people know its out there!

Thanks for picking one up gnomes!! Yeah of course, so pretty much I shoot a bunch (obviously) make a large selection of possible photos. Then I get cheap 4x6's printed at walgreens, then lay everything out by hand and make adjustments over the course of a couple days.  After that I lay the book out in InDesign then make a test print and hold onto that for about a week, make any other tweaks I deem necessary then I get them printed.  

haha thanks for the follow dude!

I've got some exciting news, so I just put together a new photo zine and it is currently up for sale over at http://zinekong.com/products/star-gazing they also carry a lot of other books by some truly amazing photographers. Give it a look and buy one of you want (they're super cheap)! Most of this project was shot while wearing my ooe's so theres that too. Thanks for the support in advance even if its just letting other people know its out there!

So cool! Just snatched a copy to put in the shop.

• 2 weeks later...

What is this second page business?!

I've been off sufu for a while, sorry for the slow updates! I haven't even been on instagram lately, life has been busy! That said, I'm going to Japan for two weeks and will take plenty of pictures! Wish I could visit Ryo and Hiro but I'll be with family and Ichinomiya is a bit out of the way from where we'll be...

Been wearing my pair pretty much daily lately, planning on another wash once September rolls around.

Crazy how much this denim reminds me of Eternal, very streaky and still pretty dark.

Maybe I'm off-base, never handled any Eternal denim in person but the vertical streakiness is what came to mind.

Should have some good updates soon, taking a long weekend to the beach this weekend and then going to a big college football game next weekend!

Yep, it's been a bit of a lull lately. Lots of work, not too much fun times to share, and not much denim progress either. Took tragically few photos on the business trip in Stockholm/London, but will get a few up in time.

The jeans are just carrying on, staying surprisingly dark even as the thighs show some serious streaking and whiskers are starting to become visible. Still comfortable as an alpaca hammock, and such an easy pair to throw on each morning.

I'm moving apartments this month-end, slowly shifting things to my girlfriend's place, so hopefully they'll have those sweat fades by September.

• 2 weeks later...

pudas your jeans are looking really good! 

I posted this in the Iron Heart thread but I am wearing my contest jeans so it's about as close to an update as I'll get right now.   :P

Purple/black ombré workshirt!

Now I just need it to be about 20 degrees cooler outside.

EUAmvbR.jpg

Nice, your pair is showing a lot more lightening up than mine so far. Are you wearing them pretty much every day?

4-5 days a week with a wash every 2-3 weeks. They have been going a bit slower than in the beginning because I am doing more desk work and less actual work at my job currently. 

• 2 weeks later...

Slow going progress for me, even after walking 25,000 steps+ every day for 2 weeks in Japan! I'm still sifting through photos and will try to get some up soon, but in the meantime, I got the following souvenir in Japan:

29125123943_a4a75bbe01_z.jpg

I believe my knee snagged on something at the airport at the onset of my trip, but what can you do...The hole is growing larger since!

I also threw them in the wash finally and was surprised that their holding onto the dark blue more than I thought. That said, certain areas are starting to pop:

29638246572_5e5fac1d73_z.jpg

I want to start washing them more frequently again, I've been getting lazy with laundry...

^Was high 90s, low 100's (feels like temp) fahrenheit with seemingly 100% humidity when I was in Japan...jeans were soaked and soggy every time I took them off at the end of the day, but honestly once it gets past 80 degrees F for me it's all the same, I'm going to be sweating no matter what so I might as well wear jeans!  :D

sucks man. get that darned before it explodes.

Ive been in Costa Rica for the last 10 days, so no jeans for me. I dont understand how the SE Asian brotherhood does it in the humidity.

Was in CR in late May. Wore my Samurai two days, arrival and departure. I spend most of my time in the water, so I wore them the only days that were practical.

Threw mine in the wash again, going to start doing this weekly to bring out a lighter shade of blue. Hole in knee is starting to rip more but I'll keep it going until it gets too cold out. Wish there was an easier way to upload photos directly to sufu lol....

Got my pair in the wash again, will try and get a proper update tomorrow.

Definitely need to get some repairs lined up soon.

Did take a shot the other day that wasn't super overexposed, love how streaky this denim is getting.

sNjHiOT.jpg