Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

I'd love to see some more of the southwest and check out the Native American jewelry there one day.

Was trying to take some photos of my new Boondockers and managed to get a decent photos of jeans in their current state.

Much darker in these photos due to the crappy old camera I'm using, but it'll do for now!

1P30ZhG.jpg

ee7D4DB.jpg

First up this is for you, aho. So when I was in Flagstaff my girlfriend and I went to one of my parents oldest friends stores called Winter Sun (they sell holistic products, silver jewelry, and lots of other things made mainly by navajo and hopi people).

So awesome, thank you for posting! I recognize some of the artists there (specifically the Navajo section and tufa) which is very cool! It's my dream to make it out to the rez and the Southwest in general one day, hopefully I'll be able to this year for Santa Fe Indian Market and IFAM but with a Japan trip scheduled early September I doubt I'll have the funds for it. Either way, i'll have something to post for this thread come late summer!  :D

Jeans look excellent, really like the fits on everyone! I didn't end up washing them after all earlier this week due to laziness, but everytime I see a pair of faded LHT, it makes me want to wash till no tomorrow until I get that perfect shade of light blue...

You'll make it out there one day! If you do Flagstaff is a great place to see, its so much different than any other part of Arizona or really the southwest in general. I would personally love to make it out to Japan at some point in the next couple years.

Heres some stuff from today.

Got some lunch at a spot called Benitos:

27378268861_c1346924e6_z.jpg

Picked up a few zines over at Family Books on Fairfax (its across the street from the Supreme store):

26842477153_fb15662768_z.jpg

Also dropped the jeans off at Self Edge and got them hemmed finally so heres a new fit:

27378267861_2c4e20204f_z.jpg

Edited by guthriegking

Need to do a photo dump on my end soon when I have more time...With the arrival of summer weather, you just can't deny the beauty of Chicago. It's often forgotten that the city lies on Lake Michigan so I'll have plenty of that to show, but for now, here is a picture of vintage Lee's, just because I hope my Ooe's end up like this:

26841396704_c2113c779e_c.jpg

Edited by aho

never seen those horizontal fades going up and down the outseam before...interesting

I've seen that one some other pairs of Lee's before. Not sure what the person making them, or wearing them, did to produce such strong train tracks.  

I'm about to trow my pair in the wash, so I tried to take some prewash photos.

Came out pretty crappy, so I edited them slightly for sharpness more than anything.  :unsure:

Front:

o5ZnPot.jpg

Back:

tBlymbi.jpg

Patch getting treated before going into the wash:

OmhjWMW.jpg

Haha, this denim fades so damn fast. 

I sure want to kick off another contest seeing all this good stuff...

We want to do another contest as well - we need to work out the details with Ooe, as they're full up for the next 18 months.  

lIngvLD.jpg

Holy shit, dude.  Those look amazing.