aho

Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

583 posts in this topic

...And so it begins! Please post here moving forward for all contest related content!

#OoeContest 

Edited by aho

I saw some other contestants get their jeans and I thought I should go check my mail and look what I found!

fhFIHik.jpg

This denim is beautiful, the warp looks almost charcoal black before touching water while the weft is a nice ecru/grey color.

97RzfUW.jpg

The patch is also fantastic, almost feels like deerskin?

qEZz05A.jpg

DMJhfgR.jpg

Found this interesting, no selvedge on the coin pocket. Perhaps we'll see some nice roping over time.

5XScRle.jpg

1tfhjyk.jpgCompared to my much loved OA02XX's:

DptuB8C.jpg

Flipped inside out and on their way into the wash as I type!

RG6bvbb.jpg

Also this little guy was in the pocket of my jeans, which were also accompanied by a very nice letter that seems like it was typed out on a typewriter.

lvljWeH.jpg

Let the contest begin!  :D

no selvedge in the coin pocket as this is a 60's inspired cut so that's a period correct detail!

no selvedge in the coin pocket as this is a 60's inspired cut so that's a period correct detail!

Correct! While the OA02XX's have a selvedge coin pocket these do not. But they also have back pocket rivets which I believe is not a period correct detail. Regardless I'm excited to see how it ages!

The leather they used for the patch is really nice, anyone have any idea what kind of leather it is?

Correct! While the OA02XX's have a selvedge coin pocket these do not. But they also have back pocket rivets which I believe is not a period correct detail. Regardless I'm excited to see how it ages!

Because the OA02XX as the name says uses most of the XX details (hidden rivets, selvedge coin pocket, etc.)

:)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Because the OA02XX as the name says uses most of the XX details (hidden rivets, selvedge coin pocket, etc.)

:)

Duh, I look like a big dummy!

This lot 17 denim gets really hairy after it touches water, will try and take some picture tomorrow.

great fit! just received mine, denim is great! haven't had a chance to wash them yet, but already looking forward to this fit

Edited by ironheartfan123

How much shrinkage did you guys get out of them?

Great updates everyone! I wonder if we all got different "cards"?

I have a sinking feeling mine will arrive sometime late next but alas, I shall be patient! Planning on giving them two trips through the wash and drier to get all the shrinkage out of the way. Really liking what I see so far at least!

Beautiful looking denim. I also love the XX details - especially the 50s style bell-shape to the back pockets (you also see it on Fullcount and Warehouse 1001). Shit, I'm jealous!

just got mine at lunch, in the tub now for a hot soak. Went TTS+2, I think the waist is going to be tight. I will need 3 inches of shrinkage in length. Have you guys been getting that?

I didn't measure my inseam before the wash but they are right around a 33 now. Assuming mine were really a 36 to begin with you should be fine.

My Card

jj2wUjG.jpg

I can confirm what Gnomes mentioned in the other thread, this denim pretty much shrinks down the same as the OA denim.

I've got my pair on now after some time hang drying then a bit of time in the dryer and they feel exactly like my OA02XX's.

1) Thank you aho and standard and strange!

2) super glad I went with a size 35. Size up by 2, people. Charts are pretty accurate.

3) aldsjflajfdkljsdkljdsf these are pretty damn good. The construction on these live up to the hype. Very clean and well done.

Pre-soak

yNM4Mb2.jpg

Post-soak

Hvyxxfa.jpg

Goodies

hLKZTi6.jpg

Fit great, love the brown weft. I think they will end up a little shorter than I usually wear them but I'm gonna try to wear them hard in the summer so that will be a good thing I thi nk.

One wash so far, think I'm going to be doing one more. That's been my stf process lately.

ZEUm3nd.jpg

TRvJlEL.jpg

DCIOMbS.jpg

Also I somehow shipped these to my parents on accident and luckily they are home this week.

I would have been disappointed watching the weekend's excitement go by with no jeans!

So I've been thinking about what this denim reminded me of as far as color goes and I finally figured it out.

The special run of Fullcount denim that Ed ran with their wild cotton, here is a direct comparison:

xa3mqve.jpg?1

Nice comparison!

Would definitely recommend the two wash method. The 2nd wash shrank them down a lot more. I waited till they were completely dry in between.

Edited by givemefive

The eagle has officially landed...Won't be able to wash them or take pictures until late tonight or tomorrow morning, but needless to say I'm hyped!

2n7nn95.jpg

mine started out so huge that i thought i messed up sizing (+3!) so i gave them a wash and machine dry and now love this fit and am really glad i sized up..hopefully i can get my gf to take some fit pics; this is already the softest denim i own and these jeans are great in many ways! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By josh mullen
      1. LVC 1955 size 34x36 (from 2009). These were cold-soaked twice, worn approximately 20 times around the house, and then cold-soaked once more.

Waist: 35.5"
      Front Rise: 12.5"
      Upper Thigh: 12.9"
      Hem: 8.6"
      Inseam: 34.5"

Price: $185 w/shipping within the U.S.

2. LVC 1954 size 36x36 (from 2010). These were cold-soaked twice, worn once, and then cold-soaked once more.

Waist: 36"
      Front Rise: 11.75"
      Upper Thigh: 13"
      Hem: 7.5"

Price: $195 w/shipping within the U.S.

3. Ooe Yofukuten 4302 size 40x36. These were cold-soaked twice, allowed to agitate in the washing machine for a few minutes, worn once around the house, then cold-soaked once more.

Waist: 38"
      Front Rise: 13.25"
      Upper Thigh: 14.4"
      Hem: 9"

Price: $220 w/shipping within the U.S.
    • By saintkeat
      Turns out there's multiple threads for various contests on sufu but no single thread to spread the word for the benefit of several others.

Let's use this thread to post links or info on ANY contest or draws whether on Facebook, retailer or site, that's currently being hosted.

I'll start by sharing one.

• By PWNED
      Hi! So I have done tons of business on superfuture and styleforum before so you should know that all of my items are 100% legitimate and always kept in pristine condition.
      Momotaro and Context Clothing Grand Indigo Selvedge 701MCXX Size 28
      The holy grail of all collaborations between rock solid denim producers and top notch denim distributers. This sexy pair of jeans was once a part of a large group of competitors but has laid dormant for the entirety. I bought this pair a while back and never found the time to give them their love. I just bought too many jeans. Every body knows about the miraculous fit of the 701s, a nice slim fitting top coupled with a relaxed semi straight leg. It fits like a charm. These striking jeans come from a pet free and smoke free home. They are practically brand new aside from that one time I wore them to see how they fitted. The list of special details for this pair goes on and on but some cool things to mention are the ridiculous rivets, the hickory striped pockets, deer skinned tag, indigo warp and black weft, and who could forget that sexy red strand of selvage. There were only 180 pairs of these 15 oz sexy badboys made and they all sold out pretty damn fast. Get this piece of history for a price that can not be beat. Im open to offers but I would prefer paypal. So here is what you were waiting for. Dat jean.
      701MCXX W28

Here we have the sexy back photo. And if you look at the upper right hand corner we have that sexy deer tag I mentioned.

Here we have that sexy antique copper rivet I was talking about. Sexy isn't it? Notice the darkness of the indigo as well.

Let us move towards the front of the jeans. And here we can see the other beautiful button that will love you forever.

I literally cry myself everytime I see that beautiful selvage line. So clean and it contrasts significantly with the black weft of the jeans.

It is seriously that dark and still has all of the indigo left to go. I really did not wear it that often.
      Measurements In Inches (Didn't give it a soak yet.)
      Waist 14.5
      Rise 9.25
      Thigh 10
      Knee 8
      Leg Opening 7.5
      It retails for $320 but I am willing to let it go for $260 shipped literally any where in the god damn world.
    • By mikecch
      The thread for the horsehide footwear contest!
      details
      start date: 01/01/2012
      entries allowed up until: 05/31/2012
      finish date: 01/01/2014
      entries?
      each contestant may enter up to 3 pairs of new footwear
      all footwear accepted as long as it is made of horse leather of any tannage
      (note: most CXL are not horse in origin!)
      please contact me re: your footwear details before the commencement date
      this should be a fun and low stress contest!
      updates are easy too, at it's simplest being pointing your camera towards your feet and taking a photo
      though for judging purposes please do try to update at last once every couple of months...
      participants
      1. adh92
      2. mikecch
      > tricker's stow boot, in mahogany shell cordovan
      > thorogood (for epaulet) 685-repro, in brown vegetable tanned strip (north of cordovan) horsehide
      3. rayw44
      4. joelz
      > alden cap-toe boot, in burgundy (#8) shell cordovan
      5. slab
      > alden jumper boot, in burgundy (#8) shell cordovan
      6. theblackgoat
      > thorogood (for epaulet) 685-repro, in brown vegetable tanned strip (north of cordovan) horsehide
      7. baldy
      > white's semi-dress boot, in black horsehide, vegetable tanned strip horsehide
      > Alden long-wing shoe, in whiskey shell cordovan
      8. riff
      > Viberg service boot, in black shell cordovan
      > Alden long-wing shoe, in whiskey shell cordovan
      9. aho
      10. festival
      11. marineabilly
      12. smittybat
      > Alden "Indy" boot, in burgundy (#8) shell cordovan
      > White's semi-dress boot, in brown horsehide
      13. brownmetallic
      14. randomkoreandude
      15. rkusmant
      > Alden "Indy" boot, in whiskey shell cordovan
      > tricker's stow boot, in tec shell cordovan
      16. aquaphor
      > rancourt moc-toe boot, in green shell cordovan
      17. shogunofharlem
      > alden chukka boot, in burgundy (#8) shell cordovan
      > wolverine 1000 mile 721 boot, in burgundy (#8) shell cordovan
      > allen edmonds Dalton boots, in walnut shell cordovan
      18. vanquish gold
      19. beatle
      20. a.khan12390
      21. sweapea
      > ??? project boot
      22. sriracha
      23. onehundy
      > White's cap-toe semi-dress boot, in black horsehide
      24. hopesgone
      25. khris89
      26. jacquesf88
      > alden stitched-toe boot, in cigar shell cordovan
      27. zissou
      > Alden cap-toe boot, in burgundy (#8) shell cordovan
      > Alden wing-tip boot, in black shell cordovan
      28. patchmb
      > rrl madison boot, in black shell cordovan
      29. coleslawyum
      > buco engineer boot, in black horsehide
      30. eggplant
      > alden wing-tip boot, in burgundy (#8) shell cordovan
      > Alden cap-toe boot, in black shell cordovan
      31. Dave_SFU
      > Alden "Indy" boot, in whiskey shell cordovan
      > RRL Madison boot, in burgundy (#8) shell cordovan
      32. mgc232
      > Paul Smith Jones boot, in burgundy horsehide
      33. mr. aa
      34. kansas
      35. dr_do0m
      > brooklyn bootworks cobble hill boot, in walnut shell cordovan
      prizes
      each judge will select a winning entry to receive their sponsored prize!
      sponsoring/judging:
      1. don't mourn, organize! (scott willis) >>> hand-made double horsehide belt
      2. Vintage Engineer Boots Blog (marineabilly) >>> hand-made trucker's wallet
      3. summit creek dry goods (zissou) >>> set of 3 key-chains
      4. Blackacre (Ray Lansburg) >>> hand-made two-tone horsehide wallet
      5. Hollywood Trading Company HTC (Zip Stevenson) >>> custom made belt