supertalk6
cmboland

Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

this might have to be my post-christmas excursion... we're going to be in Atlanta to see family so it wouldn't be too far away

just posted some thoughts on the LVC thread...

"I find this profoundly sad, especially since I know many fabric shops who have tried to buy large quantities of denim directly from Cone and never recieved replies to their numerous email inquiries. My understanding was that their ordering department was either very disorganized, or utterly uninterested in diversifying their customer base with non-manufacturing clients."

I don’t think they had that much denim left over in the warehouse to sell - most of their production is probably bespoke, made-to-order and pre-booked. A lot of these “potential customers” were probably not willing to put money down on future denim...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By dianahenrystuff
      When we are talking about plus size clothes there are always a question about what to wear that looks cool and good, i like to suggest women denim shirts for plus size women's. Try to wear dress denim shirts it like loose fitted shirts that never goes wrong. here are some best options Denim Vintage Shirt, Fit Bleached Denim Shirt, Dark Wash Denim Shirt and more these type of shades easily added with any accessories and footwear.
      Just share you own experience,which shade of denim shirts you like from which house?

• By mlyngard

View Advert Momotaro 0405-V Hi-Tapered fit 15.7oz 34w / 30ins
      Momotaro 0405-V Hi-Tapered fit. From Standard & Strange. These are the one-rinse version, so all shrinkage is done. New condition, never worn. If you know this brand, you know this is some of the best denim out there.
      Tagged size 34. Hemmed at S&S to ~30" inseam. Actual measurements: w: ~34.5, f.r: 11.25", hem: 7.25" across. Retail price at S&S is $265
      Please see linked Standard & Strange sizing chart and model info for more details. PalPal preferred please. I can accept money orders and checks but they would need to clear. Will ship national US or International via US Postal Service Priority. Shipping free.
      Advertiser mlyngard Date 10/03/2017 Price $175.00 Category denim  
    • By mlyngard
      Momotaro 0405-V Hi-Tapered fit. From Standard & Strange. These are the one-rinse version, so all shrinkage is done. New condition, never worn. If you know this brand, you know this is some of the best denim out there.
      Tagged size 34. Hemmed at S&S to ~30" inseam. Actual measurements: w: ~34.5, f.r: 11.25", hem: 7.25" across. Retail price at S&S is $265
      Please see linked Standard & Strange sizing chart and model info for more details. PalPal preferred please. I can accept money orders and checks but they would need to clear. Will ship national US or International via US Postal Service Priority. Shipping free.
    • By ole
      Hey there,

It's been a while since I've posted last but I received a press release from Denim Days New York. You can find them @denimdaysfestival on instagram. 

They're holding their festival this weekend (Sept. 29- Oct. 1) and will have a lot of different types of presentations from indigo dying to jean repair. Blue In Green will also be in attendance.

If you're in the area and want to check it out go to http://denim-days.com/ny/tickets/

See attached for more info.
      pressrelease_NYDD_1[3].pdf
    • By Saisen

View Advert Neighborhood Rigid . Narrow / 14Oz-Pt Black and Indigo PACK 
      Neighborhood Rigid . Narrow / 14Oz-Pt Black and Indigo PACK 
      Brand new / Unworn with Tags 
      Size LARGE (~ 33/34 waist, Slim Straight Fit) 
      Price = $350 AUD / 265 USD
      Shipping & Fees = $90 AUD / 70 USD (or just PM me to save on fees)
      TOTAL = $440 AUD / 335 USD

- Item is located in AUSTRALIA. 
      - Can be declared at lower value for customs purposes at buyers request. 
      A consistent best seller and favorite is the NEIGHBORHOOD Rigid Denim. The Rigid denim is non-seasonal and is offered in a variety of different cuts in either Rigid Indigo or Rigid Black. Made with 14 oz Japanese Selvedge Denim over time these will characteristically fade to each individuals body providing a unique canvas. The 5 pocket narrow fit is a straight denim cut to be more fitted. NEIGHBORHOOD blue stitched back pockets and red selvedge out-seam provide a little hit of detailing to an otherwise clean and basic denim.
      100% Cotton 14oz Rigid Japanese Selvedge Denim 
      Zip Fly with Neighborhood Technical Apparel Tape Detail 
      Narrow Straight Fit 
      Hand Finished 
      Hidden Selvedge Detail inside Watch Pocket 
      Stitched N Rear Pocket Detail 
      Leather Waist Patch 
      Made in Japan
      Advertiser Saisen Date 09/22/2017 Price $335.00 Category denim