TCB

Even more exciting. Wonder how it is going to fit chest down as some western shirts are either perfect in shoulder, way to slim in chest, or to big shoulder nice in chest.

So in other words hope it is a bit modernized. Either way I'm stoked and sounds like it should be ready in time for fall which would be even more excellent.

Alright lads here we go!

Inoue San will make a replica of a late 50's Sears & Roebuck western shirt from his personal collection. Here's a few pics of the original shirt

84F73198-A015-40B4-8CDC-429021A1424B_zps

82D74950-B466-4A54-BC9C-698BD94A6511_zps

125FF03A-A7B4-4ACC-8CDE-2596B5BD2076_zps

2A5A7984-D230-40F6-8551-A42077AA31A0_zps

I am awaiting details on the fabric he will use and the weight of it. Love the pocket details!

^ haha you'll be in good company mate!

Further details ad they come... The denim used will be as close as possible to the original, and it will be selvedge. Have no infos yet on the oz weight.

Looking forward to this Volvo, thanks for sorting. Hopefully the bank account will be in the black when pre-order rolls round!

Considering upsizing to go for a baggy look - will wait to see how measurements look. May look a bit odd when raw but when it softens up after a few washes could look cool. I'll probably pussy out and go TTS...

cheers Unders glad to have you onboard on this. it is shaping out great.

I've just asked to Inoue san to set out:

- a sizing chart

- a basic description of the shirt with some extra details, just to whet the discerning palate of all of us sufu-ers

- a price quote

once I have all of this I will open a new thread and we'll start to gather confirmations/pre orders.

look forward to hear all of you fuss about sizing for a good few pages haha!!!

Timing is impeccable! I will be offline more or less for the next 2 weeks. Hope I don't miss out on preorder, but all things considered I will almost certainly be in! Price permitting of course ;-) Thanks for organising this Volvo, I look forward to being a part of it.

Edited by holio cornolio

Inoue-san just released measurements and price (21 600 yen) for the chore coat. It will hit the online store next monday.

Now I need to make up my mind with how to size this damn thing. Chest measurements seems to run quite big though I understand it is supposed to be loose fitting.

http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/2015/08/04/9244

I just had a glance at the measurements and they look absolutely sound to me, at least for size 42. The way the chore coat is cut doesn't allow a close fit such as a normal jean jacket. 22 inches pit to pit looks absolutely reasonable to me for a 42.

I won't buy it, oddly enough I don't feel the need of buying a chore coat haha!

Edited by volvo240thebest

I just had a glance at the measurements and they look absolutely sound to me, at least for size 42. The way the chore coat is cut doesn't allow a close fit such as a normal jean jacket. 22 inches pit to pit looks absolutely reasonable to me for a 42.

I won't buy it, oddly enough I don't feel the need of buying a chore coat haha!

Cheers for the input mate. I'm not used to these kinds of jackets so it threw me off a bit, haha. 

Edit: I'm looking at either a size 38 or 40. The 38 pretty much have the same shoulder measurements I have on my shirts. Think I need that extra inch? Since it will result in 2 extra inches in the chest I'm a bit reluctant to go up to my "standard" japanese size.

Edited by Bobbo