TCB

me too! It's great that they get some love, they deserve it. I can't think of many other small size design AND sewing factories who make stuff equally just as good and with the same value for the money ratio. They're hard to beat.

Post your impressions on the TCB 50's, did you receive them at all?

Yes, they are superb, the denim, details and construction all look first class and seem at least on par with anything I have from some of the more established Japanese brands. The fit is great although the hem is probably slightly wide for my tastes but that is something I'll either live with or remedy (via a taper). Overall, they are excellent, solid, beautifully-made jeans at a fantastic price.

The 505s would be more my cup of tea in terms of cut but the denim and details on the 50s edged it for me, however, who knows what's around the corner... ;)

you have probably way more experience with other denim brands and fits than me, and probably you know what you want better too, but FWIW when I started to wear the 50's the hem width felt too big to me too, now I feel quite the opposite, you'll get used to it and you'll find the correct shoe combination to make the jeans work well.

to me the 50's look great with either RW IR's, White's Nomads and Lennon, or with Chucks. they don't look as good with sleeker and/or more formal shoes like Tricker's. Cuffing them slighty on the high water side of things helps to make them look a bit narrower at hem,too. It would be a bit of a shame to taper the 50's, give those jeans a chance or three before sending them off to the butcher!

TCB Ranchman update

Super happy with this shirt and have been wearing it as often as possible (maybe 4 times/wk). I'm wearing it as an overshirt so it's been washed three times since mid-Jan (writing this made me realise that's pretty rank - I should wash it more).

At first I was dubious of it being one-wash as I've gotten so used to unsanforised denim. I couldn't have been more wrong. It's puckering like buggery and with lots of wear/washes it will look a beautiful washed down indigo. I've tried to bring out the puckering in the photos but I only have an iphone (no filter, just taken in HDR).

The close up shots represent the colour accurately. 

K4M7Nk4l.jpg?1

LY0eUMul.jpg?1

Yx8k5Jc.jpg?2

yeah the puckering produced by that shirt is savage. Must post some photos of mine. I wore it lots too and washed it many many times, more than what I wanted actually. it fits very close to the pits so every two/max three wears I just have to throw it in the washing machine.

at first, i wasn't crazy about the ranchman design. my chambray and denim shirts are both mechanic shirts. But more and more i find the ranchman appealing and am getting closer to pulling the trigger. What do you guys think chambray or denim for my first ranchman? and how is sizing? my buzz rickson chambray is a medium

Denim on the ranchman is quite nice and light, and I like all the details involved because it really looks like an old school western.

Sadly the sizing screwed me over a bit, I can wear it as an overshirt but there's no way I could button it up. Need a 46.  :D

i have both and as much as I love my denim I definitely prefer the chambray. I think the design complements the fabric in an unique way, and the chambray is lighter and more versatile. But both are great.

Size the same as the 50's jacket for a slim fit or one up for a looser fit, à la Unders...

It definitely fits slimmer (and slighty tapered towards the belly) compared to the other TCB tops.

I did size mine the same as the jacket (42).

Edited by volvo240thebest

I can't recall who it is (perhaps Standard & Strange?) said a few months ago that they're working with Hajime for a westerner-friendly fit so might be worth waiting on that Nycsurfer. Sizing up worked fine for me but it is a sloppy fit (which I like). If you want a bang on chest fit you'll likely need to compromise on arms being tight.

Volvo - yes mate, when you've got time share some pics. Looking forward to seeing one that's been washed a tonne.

it's been a while since S&S had been discussing re TCB/S&S tweaked fits, I wonder if they're still firm plans about it or if that "mission to Mars" will actually never land anywhere!

I remember they chimed in about TCB fits in the TCB ranchman group order thread, probably about 6 months ago.

I am happy with the standard fit although, I'd be more happy with a slighty lower armpit placement and a more belly forgiving taper.

Anyway I was happy enough to buy a second shirt!

Love those crinkles. These 50s jeans are by far the fluffiest jeans i've ever had. Really noticed the fluff this morning with the lighting and had to snap a couple photos.

5IVitRV.jpg?1

nWiCX2U.jpg?1

and finally, here is half of a fit pic

Adr5T7Z.jpg?1

Are TCB's size charts for the ranchman shirts accurate? size 40 looks right to me but I remember back when people did the group buy a lot of people had sizing issues? Anybody with a size 40 or 42 able to give me their own measurements? Much appreciated.

as written before ranchman measurements are a bit misleading as the front and back of the shirt don't coincide (the front is larger).

I am always puzzled at those measurent as on the paper I would fit a 40 but in fact there was no chance whatsoever to make it work for me.

I'll provide you first hand measurements of the 42 if you wish, later tonight.