TCB

if you got the one wash 60's they don't stretch much. I am about 10/12 days in w exactly the same pair, very little to none stretch so far.

the raw 60's were a different ball game, they had an annoying tendency to stretch towards a sloppy fit until I gave them a boil wash...

I sent back my one wash to Denimio and bought a raw 40 instead. Going to give the raw 60s a hot soak once they come in so I can play with it a little bit more. Been years since I worked with a raw pair, mostly do one wash/sanforized only for fit reasons.

Just glad that TCB has great prices and the quality I saw on my one wash 60s was great!

Edited by mlwdp

In the meantime just received my Ranchman, not sure about the fit (very lovely denim though). Thoughts?

FullSizeRender_zpsw2se6xwn.jpg

Looks like it fits, how's it feel? I just got my size 42. Glad I didn't go with 40. It's very comfortable, I have plenty of room in the chest but still looks like a slim fit. I actually like how there is not an extra button on the bottom. It makes it look just slightly off in an endearing way... And really, because of the length of the shirt and the amount of taper, if it had another button, most of us would have to leave it undone anyway.

Looks like it fits, how's it feel? I just got my size 42. Glad I didn't go with 40. It's very comfortable, I have plenty of room in the chest but still looks like a slim fit. I actually like how there is not an extra button on the bottom. It makes it look just slightly off in an endearing way... And really, because of the length of the shirt and the amount of taper, if it had another button, most of us would have to leave it undone anyway.

Feels great - denim is very interesting, almost as soft as chambray, a slightly aerated texture; this makes sense now looking at earlier photos ITT as washes seem to make the denim 'bubble up', so to speak.

Yes same here, lots of room in the chest, plus the classic Western arrow yoke gives more room in the shoulders, and it still achieves a slim look.

Anyone here been hit with customs charges when ordering from Inoue-san directly? Following Broark's advice, I'm considering enquiring about having a shorter 50s jacket made and just want an idea of what I'll be paying in total.

Anyone here been hit with customs charges when ordering from Inoue-san directly? Following Broark's advice, I'm considering enquiring about having a shorter 50s jacket made and just want an idea of what I'll be paying in total.

it's a hit and miss honestly.

you can ask to Hajime to send you the parcel as a sample or as a present (targeted as price 0,00 eur/$/£) at your risk.

most of the time i've received the parcel with no duties, but sometimes Hajime I had to pay.

All the times I've received a parcel marked down to 0,00 I had to fill up a form with all my data and a basic explanation, but I guess that's the procedure in my my country and may vary elsewhere.

I loveee.... the pre-soak fit on these 50s and now they are in the tub sanforizing. TCB really caught my attention back to raw denim

27711110735_685bee3a30_z.jpg

When I got my One Wash 60s, I fell in love with quality as well. I returned them and opted for raw 60 to soak!

Cool, I've ordered from Denimio a few times and had no problem when they mark the parcel as a sample with a value of 1000 yen. I'll see if that's a possibility.

Like you, I'll have to order through Inuoe myself as Denimio doesn't do proxy anymore. I need a 46 in the Ranchman shirt. Edited by mlwdp

When I got my One Wash 60s, I fell in love with quality as well. I returned them and opted for raw 60 to soak!

Like you, I'll have to order through Inuoe myself as Denimio doesn't do proxy anymore. I need a 46 in the Ranchman shirt.

Just a word of caution - unless you are enormous the 46 might be way too big. I'm 6'2, 185lbs and the 42 (pic earlier ITT) is slightly roomy. I can imagine the 46 would be like wearing a tent.

Quick question

I received my raw TCB 60s in size 40 as a one wash size 38 did not work. The raw size 40 is roomy and I want to give them a hot soak to get a one wash size like on TCB website. Is it safe to assume these will shrink enough?

Denimio has the raw sizes up but not the one wash sizes like on TCB website:

image_zpsyyorblsv.jpg

TCB one wash sizes

image_zpsz7pcjhbi.jpg

?

Edited by mlwdp