TCB

Took quite alot of photos today of my chore jacket. Have nott had time to look through them properly yet.

I will post some more pictures when I have the time.

Here is a teaser. :)

TCB Chore jacket.

160505_TCB_chorejk_077.jpg

Beer heavy post...

Recently, for my brothers birthday we did a couple, brewery tours. First was Singlecut in Queens, then we went to Otherhalf in Brooklyn.

Some may refer to American's micro brew obsession with IPA's with a bit of a stigma, and I am perfectly ok with that. These two breweries are known for their IPA's and are producing some of the best and most creative IPA's in the region. (to keep track with denim, I'm wearing my 50s tux in all the photos)

I started off with Singlecuts session IPA-- myself and two other brothers

dds3Mlf.jpg?1

this was my favorite beer the entire day. Single cut's 200 watt IPA. Singlecut claims 6 pounds of hops per barrel were used. And according to the app "untapped" this IPA has an IBU of 225. IBU refers to hops. For reference Coors Light IBU is 10, DogfishHead 90Min IBU is 90. Despite the immense amount of hops in the Singlecut 200 Watt, the flavor was very tropical and delicious and I was barely able to tell that the ABV was 11%.  I meant to take a photo of the glass fuller, but the beer was too delicious.

FIeblXR.jpg?1

If you look closely, you can see these barrels are actually Jack Daniels barrels that Singlecut is using for an aged stout

loQSEe4.jpg?1

Next up was Otherhalf Brewery. Otherhalf is a very small brewery which will sell small batches of exclusive cans out of their brewery that people come to from all over the country to enjoy and trade.  This day the can was their All Green Everything IPA which was outstanding (if you like hoppy bitterness)

33sKSgk.jpg?1

This shows the scale of their brewery and you can see the limited cases of their All Green Everything IPA cans. They were also selling a bottles of their table beer.

7zFGJM3.jpg?1

Birthday brother in the middle while i'm in my 50s tuxedo!

oTvCOcl.jpg?1

Edited by nycsurfer530

what to wear now volvo?  you got the red clouds, the porky's, the new sixties, the old fifties and the upcoming twenties!!  how are you going to get the evo game going on?

what to wear now volvo?  you got the red clouds, the porky's, the new sixties, the old fifties and the upcoming twenties!!  how are you going to get the evo game going on?

I don't plan to win another contest for the next 35 months at least!

Porky's are kept to light duty. They are the only pair of "smart" jeans that look good with brogues tie and a tailored jacket. I use them for business meetings.

My job with the 50's is almost done, will keep them in light weekend rotation.

I won't buy a pair of TCB 20's til the contest.

I am left with red cloud 436xx and tcb 60's which is perfectly fine!

I don't plan to win another contest for the next 35 months at least!

Porky's are kept to light duty. They are the only pair of "smart" jeans that look good with brogues tie and a tailored jacket. I use them for business meetings.

My job with the 50's is almost done, will keep them in light weekend rotation.

I won't buy a pair of TCB 20's til the contest.

I am left with red cloud 436xx and tcb 60's which is perfectly fine!

nice!  i for now just have the 50's.  it's my only pair of denim right now.  i will get the 60's and the new 20's coming up.  i am then done with the denim pants game.  then hopefully the blanket lined jacket for this upcoming fall/winter.  so three more tcb pieces and then i am definitely done with buying denim gear.  let's wear the fuck out of these garments, eh?

CMK8rVo.jpg

just took delivery of this beautiful custom bag made by Uwe Tauber out of leather (the bottom is goatskin, the rest is vegtan) and TCB 60's fabric. superb!

Edited by volvo240thebest

^ looking good my friend, mycket bra!

I've started to break in the new pair of 60's I've got as part of the contest prize, this time I've got a one wash pair (by accident) and I am quite happy with it as they seem to not stretch as much as I remember my old raw pair did. I know it sounds crazy but I am quite excited at the idea of breaking in again this denim, it's still my favourite and the 60's cut works great for me. it'll be hard to wear anything else for a while...

d41vdYr.jpg

Fz2xtGc.jpg

bonus double espresso pic, for absolutely no reason!

6UqCd0n.jpg

i for my own financial interests would prefer to not have a 40s denim released anytime soon, especially with the 20s denim coming soon  :) 

In the meantime, heres a hairy shot of my 50s coming in on two weeks wear

C2hjSaE.jpg?1

and to follow it up, heres a shot of my hairy 50s with non cotton hair

uMMLP9c.jpg?1

I'm more than happy to pass on your requests to Hajime gents, we will see what he says.

If there is a specific design that seems to gather general interest we can always try to organize a group order, as it was done for the ranchman. I'd love a off white or brown chambray version of the ranchman myself. jeans wise my hands are full til the arrival of the 20's but if there is a real shared interest for a Honest-to-God feline WWII repro, and if Hajime is up for the task I'd say it would be impossible to resist...