Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

On 12/9/2023 at 3:31 PM, lophophora said:

tore a bigger hole in the seat of the R01s so they’re now off to S&S Oakland for some darning. Faster turnaround than SE, I was hearing. 

Did you happen to find more info on the turnaround time for darning repairs at S&S Oakland? From past experiences for me, SESF darning turnaround is about 3-4 weeks. A  <2 week turnaround would be pleasant. 

Edited by tewsday

Gentlemen, we have a duty, in fact an obligation... and no less... to track down at least one lucky recipient of said Roy Buaisou jeans... and cajole them into sharing photos... there is a need to live vicariously on this one!!  First Sufu member to find such-like earns a super rep and a clapping hands emoji :)

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Jared_Lee said:

I've gotten the site to load, but I have yet to even see a pair for sale. Haha.

You have to select "bottoms" from the drop down menu after waiting for it to load, then, wait for it to load again

Edited by scooby

Thanks @julian-wolf! I found the drop down menu on my phone. For some reason it doesn't appear in the page that loads into the browser on my computer.

How much did they ultimately sell for on Self Edge? Honestly, $595 and $695 for new with tags seems very reasonable all things considered. And $350 for a one wash? That was a steal. You gotta wash the damn things to wear 'em anyway. Haha.

I'm afraid it looks like they may all come up too short for you, Julian. They were mostly meant for Roy himself to wear and it appears he's much shorter than you. But maybe there'll be a random long-length pair in there for you. Seriously, good luck!

I have the Foreman Chino and some version of the Black Seed denim (can't be bothered to go dig them out to confirm the model). If I came across a $350 pair though, I would definitely get it. I wear 32 in most of his cuts.

I haven’t been expecting to fit into any of them—I’m pretty consistently a 34 these days—just enjoying checking out what’s there. That said, I could be misremembering, but I think Roy’s at least as tall as I am.

Edited by julian-wolf

16 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

I haven’t been expecting to fit into any of them—I’m pretty consistently a 34 these days—just enjoying checking out what’s there. That said, I could be misremembering, but I think Roy’s at least as tall as I am.

I think you two are close in height. 

I'm still quite upset that I sold my 3 pairs of Roy's that were too small. I'm more upset that when I got them I preferred a tighter, slimmer fit, and now my tastes have changed. I now prefer a more relaxed fit for comfort and mobility. I don't get nostalgic about stuff. I've bought and sold many pairs of jeans and shirts over the years that haven't worked out for me. The Roy's are the only pairs that have any sentimental value for me. 

If he ever releases something new with a collab with Baisu, I'll certainly consider. I'd expect the price to be very high.