Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

On 11/24/2023 at 11:26 PM, CharlieMike said:

I saw that FC was releasing a limited edition of the 0105. The difference with the standard 0105 seems very small to me...
https://bears-tokyo.myshopify.com/collections/full-count/products/reservation-page-fullcount-l0105xx-limited-special-denim-50s-501xx-0105

same details different patch and denim...

May I check anyone had experience on the 25th 1101ex?  In particular, is the cut identical to the standard 1101? How is the fabric performing? I read old post finding some dislike the arc. I also found it a bit “interesting” but am okay with that as I have been track down an old 1101 for some time. 

• 1 month later...

Lucky bags have never appealed to me, I know it's a traditional sale thing in Japan but I want to know what I'm paying for up front!

Also, finally got round to trying on the 1108xx. Really disappointed with it. For me the tight top block (probably their tightest) with an 8 inch LO doesn't work. 

I know you lot are going to say that's not a big LO , but with a thigh at 11.5 it felt like a boot cut on me. 

6 hours ago, Geeman said:

Lucky bags have never appealed to me, I know it's a traditional sale thing in Japan but I want to know what I'm paying for up front!

Also, finally got round to trying on the 1108xx. Really disappointed with it. For me the tight top block (probably their tightest) with an 8 inch LO doesn't work. 

I know you lot are going to say that's not a big LO , but with a thigh at 11.5 it felt like a boot cut on me. 

Mine started off feeling very tight in the top block, but the hips and upper thigh do stretch a good amount, just not as quickly as the 13.7oz denim version. I wear a size 32 and after a year of wearing and washing, the leg opening measures closer to 7.6.

Not the most popular fit round here but I went with the 1110xx again. My old pair were to slim and weight gain made it worse, sized up 1 and they feel much better. 

@Jared_Lee You make the clothes look effortless to wear. Everything in the upcoming season looked excellent. And although I have no personal interest in pre-distressed denim, i can’t say I’ve seen the process done better. 

Let me ask you a question. How did it feel to wear the monks work coat? I have been hoping that one of the great brands would give a strong nod and make something distinctly Japanese, but with the American flair they do so well. It would appear that this jacket would fit the bill. 

I only wonder if I would be able to pull this look off, while at the same time not feeling self conscious wearing it. This usually means I already really know the answer as to whether it would be a good idea to gamble. And that am most likely being foolish to even try. But… It looks so cool!

Anyways, any impressions you may have would be appreciated. 

@FurnitureMaker, they all drape beautifully and are comfortable, easy to wear garments. Fullcount's fabric is what I love most about its jeans. That remains the same in the Kimo Not.

I personally wouldn't wear it from a style standpoint. I tend to go with subtlety that in combination creates strong visual coherence, but it's a cool piece. And honestly, if I was gifted that set, I'm sure I would get comfortable wearing that as an outfit after a couple of wears.

The 11.5oz fabric for these SS24 releases is unreal. I have the rinsed jacket and 0105 on order for February-ish delivery. I'm interested to see how that weight wears in summer compared with the 13.75oz. Not sure if the difference will be appreciable, but I'm excited to find out.

@tooth, I'm not totally sure what they're referring to when they label it "super smooth." The 11.5oz fabric is noticeably softer than the 13.75oz though. I think they used that same 11.5oz for the washed SS24 stuff as well, but I don't know for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i want to try a pair of WIDE 0105s, but i'm torn between a 34 or 36 as i won't be able to make a return. do they stretch much and are bears' measurements accurate? this will potentially be my first FC purchase ever (!), so i don't have any prior experience. leaning towards a 36, although i wear a 34 in most (non-denim) trousers.

edit: on that note, i assume bears' is the best place to buy them? i've ordered from bears before, but it was a few years ago now.

Edited by conqueror

I recently broke out my black pair of 0105. I take a 30 in most brands at this point and I found the 30 to be just a little more snug on day one than the others, but on day 2 wasn’t feeling that any more. I do on occasion wear a 29 (my WH 1003xx are 29 and the waist feels like this FC 30) but I wouldn’t size down. Because it’s a full cut it would be fine but the waist wouldn’t be fun. If there’s doubt email Bears to confirm measurements. 

2 hours ago, conqueror said:

i want to try a pair of WIDE 0105s, but i'm torn between a 34 or 36 as i won't be able to make a return. do they stretch much and are bears' measurements accurate? this will potentially be my first FC purchase ever (!), so i don't have any prior experience. leaning towards a 36, although i wear a 34 in most (non-denim) trousers.

edit: on that note, i assume bears' is the best place to buy them? i've ordered from bears before, but it was a few years ago now.

I bought 0105 a year ago from Clever. There was some increase in price at Bears at the moment for overseas orders, if my memory serves well, do not know about current situation though. I checked my old emails, Rogue and Celluloid also had it at local price a year ago. Size 36 which is my regular size worked well. Measurements at Clever were ok. 0105 loosens well after wash.

https://clever-id.com/?pid=148705207 if you want check it.

Edited by Talan

Bears went back to normal prices some time ago. Not sure what it was, but I picked up my black ones for like 185 USD including shipping. As to OP's question, not sure there's a best place to order from - lots of these shops have similar service and FC isn't as hard to track down as some brands. 

BEARS is one of the few (if not only?!) shop that sells at Japanese domestic prices AND offers free shipping. Therefore usually the cheapest. Of course this doesn't help if they are sold out, of course.
Or when they inflate the price because they were asked to. But it went back down, that's right.

51 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

BEARS is one of the few (if not only?!) shop that sells at Japanese domestic prices AND offers free shipping. Therefore usually the cheapest. Of course this doesn't help if they are sold out, of course.
Or when they inflate the price because they were asked to. But it went back down, that's right.

Do they mark shipping value low?

Bears were fine marking down for me. 

The tyrants at DHL held my parcel though until I could prove they were bought at the marked value. Bears really tried to help out by scanning and emailing me a till receipt that was all in Japanese to provide 'proof ' Then DHL contacted Bears and Bears communicated back and forth with me and them until it was sorted. 

Top guys. 

After all the back and forth we begrudgingly declared full value and DHL released the package without any charges anyway 🤔