Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

On 11/24/2023 at 11:26 PM, CharlieMike said:

I saw that FC was releasing a limited edition of the 0105. The difference with the standard 0105 seems very small to me...
https://bears-tokyo.myshopify.com/collections/full-count/products/reservation-page-fullcount-l0105xx-limited-special-denim-50s-501xx-0105

same details different patch and denim...

May I check anyone had experience on the 25th 1101ex?  In particular, is the cut identical to the standard 1101? How is the fabric performing? I read old post finding some dislike the arc. I also found it a bit “interesting” but am okay with that as I have been track down an old 1101 for some time. 

• 1 month later...

Lucky bags have never appealed to me, I know it's a traditional sale thing in Japan but I want to know what I'm paying for up front!

Also, finally got round to trying on the 1108xx. Really disappointed with it. For me the tight top block (probably their tightest) with an 8 inch LO doesn't work. 

I know you lot are going to say that's not a big LO , but with a thigh at 11.5 it felt like a boot cut on me. 

6 hours ago, Geeman said:

Lucky bags have never appealed to me, I know it's a traditional sale thing in Japan but I want to know what I'm paying for up front!

Also, finally got round to trying on the 1108xx. Really disappointed with it. For me the tight top block (probably their tightest) with an 8 inch LO doesn't work. 

I know you lot are going to say that's not a big LO , but with a thigh at 11.5 it felt like a boot cut on me. 

Mine started off feeling very tight in the top block, but the hips and upper thigh do stretch a good amount, just not as quickly as the 13.7oz denim version. I wear a size 32 and after a year of wearing and washing, the leg opening measures closer to 7.6.

Not the most popular fit round here but I went with the 1110xx again. My old pair were to slim and weight gain made it worse, sized up 1 and they feel much better. 

@Jared_Lee You make the clothes look effortless to wear. Everything in the upcoming season looked excellent. And although I have no personal interest in pre-distressed denim, i can’t say I’ve seen the process done better. 

Let me ask you a question. How did it feel to wear the monks work coat? I have been hoping that one of the great brands would give a strong nod and make something distinctly Japanese, but with the American flair they do so well. It would appear that this jacket would fit the bill. 

I only wonder if I would be able to pull this look off, while at the same time not feeling self conscious wearing it. This usually means I already really know the answer as to whether it would be a good idea to gamble. And that am most likely being foolish to even try. But… It looks so cool!

Anyways, any impressions you may have would be appreciated. 

@FurnitureMaker, they all drape beautifully and are comfortable, easy to wear garments. Fullcount's fabric is what I love most about its jeans. That remains the same in the Kimo Not.

I personally wouldn't wear it from a style standpoint. I tend to go with subtlety that in combination creates strong visual coherence, but it's a cool piece. And honestly, if I was gifted that set, I'm sure I would get comfortable wearing that as an outfit after a couple of wears.

The 11.5oz fabric for these SS24 releases is unreal. I have the rinsed jacket and 0105 on order for February-ish delivery. I'm interested to see how that weight wears in summer compared with the 13.75oz. Not sure if the difference will be appreciable, but I'm excited to find out.

@tooth, I'm not totally sure what they're referring to when they label it "super smooth." The 11.5oz fabric is noticeably softer than the 13.75oz though. I think they used that same 11.5oz for the washed SS24 stuff as well, but I don't know for sure.

• 3 weeks later...