Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

59 minutes ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

I mean, do you want heavier denim or not? 
I have a pair of 0105 in size 30. I don’t find them large in the waist. Similar to other Japanese brands. 

No, I want softness and drape. There, that’s that part of the question answered. Thanks!

4 hours ago, bloom said:

Could I bother anyone with (preferably recent) experience for quick advice on the 13.7 vs 15.5 oz versions of 0105? And some size comparisons with other brands?

The 0105s I see seem to be a bit large in the waist, but I dread too short a rise. Also, anybody know if they make one with a longer inseam? 79cm is just about ok, but a bit on the shirt side. 

My FCs are in 13.7, and as I said already are super comfy. I do not think anythig wrond with waist or rise. As it should be, not small, not big.

8 minutes ago, Talan said:

My FCs are in 13.7, and as I said already are super comfy. I do not think anythig wrond with waist or rise. As it should be, not small, not big.

Great to know. So you took your regular size, same as say Warehouse?

My 13.7's (sz 30) are actually a size up from my Warehouse 1003xx (sz 29) and I find the waist quite similar. My Sugar Canes in 30 are a slightly looser than my FC. My FW in size 30 came slightly more snug than the FC. I would just get the shop to measure for you if possible - some of this falls within margin of error. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

I picked up the 1103s in 13.7oz yesterday and I got a 31. For comparison my WH 1001xx are a 32. If you’d like I can take measurements today off both. 

Also from what I heard they offer jeans up to size 32 in a 32 length and the 33+ in a 34 length. 

Edited by xchen

1 hour ago, xchen said:

I picked up the 1103s in 13.7oz yesterday and I got a 31. For comparison my WH 1001xx are a 32. If you’d like I can take measurements today off both. 

Also from what I heard they offer jeans up to size 32 in a 32 length and the 33+ in a 34 length. 

Thank you! This is very helpful. I too take a 32 in the 1001xx, as I found that it keeps shrinking a bit the first 4-5 washes. The waist pops back out, but the rise and thighs on a 31 became a bit too compact for my taste. So sounds like we’re about the same size. Also good to know about the inseam, I’ll have to do small cuffs then.

thanks for the help, everyone! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2023 at 7:56 AM, bloom said:

Could I bother anyone with (preferably recent) experience for quick advice on the 13.7 vs 15.5 oz versions of 0105? And some size comparisons with other brands?

The 0105s I see seem to be a bit large in the waist, but I dread too short a rise. Also, anybody know if they make one with a longer inseam? 79cm is just about ok, but a bit on the shirt side. 

@bloom Missed this message- but I have the 0105 in the 13.7oz denim, and 1108 in 13.7oz and 15.5oz. The heavier denim will eventually soften up and drape really well, but the 13.7 denim drapes really nicely within a few wears. I almost prefer the feel of the 15.5oz after its broken in, they have a "sweatpants" like feel to them, my wife has even commented on softness and she almost never cares enough to say anything 🤣

Edited by blooming

Looking back now, I think the “new” cuts from Fullcount are really good. they are perfectly successful and adapt very well to Western physiques. The 1101 is perfect, although similar to the WH 1001 it is more modern and better balanced in my opinion. For the fabric I recommend the 13.7 oz, the Japanese only wear 13.7 oz, the 15.5 oz was designed to fill a niche in my opinion, the blue is also more beautiful on the 13.7, the 15.5 tends towards black. For the story of the bows and the red tab I was able to obtain the 1101 of the 30 years :). However, I have a question: have you noticed the difference in height between the front and the back on the 1101 (+12 cm for a size 31)? Is this something that was found on the 501 XX? I haven't found any other jeans with this feature.

On 10/11/2023 at 5:18 PM, xchen said:

That’s interesting! Was this tailoring done stateside or elsewhere?

it is in China..😄. he uses Japanese made UJ cotton threads and had trimed my hems with 2 color threads(orange outside, yellow inside) as well! 

After one wash, the cotton chain stitch will shrink and the roping effect will come out.

微信图片_20231011170934.jpg

微信图片_20231011170940.jpg

Edited by edwardlj

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of questions on Full Count 0105 (and probably FC in general);

Does the 15.5oz XX version react any differently to a wash than the standard weight? I’m thinking about getting a pair of the XX for the colder months on the motorcycle.

Also, is the 13oz notoriously slow to fade? I’ve worn mine literally every day and even the rear pockets look brand new? Not a problem as they look great, just an observation.

@beautiful_FrEaK thanks!

I rooted through my wardrobe and turns out I have this pair of the XX from about six or seven years ago. They still have the remnants of the red tag that had to be cut off by the retailer. Very odd experience putting slim cuts on after wearing wide for so long.

Nice denim though. I think I might just persevere with the 13.7oz and cold legs.

IMG_6411.thumb.jpeg.2ec703afae5b25243c52720e57e42b4a.jpeg

IMG_6410.thumb.jpeg.6771e56ea6a9c3dafc0fb529710d5fff.jpeg

IMG_6412.thumb.jpeg.c1d98c72933fdd444987be4da721ddb6.jpeg