SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Does anyone know if any companies use the same pointy type front rivets on the hidden rivets. I noticed my left field greasers have the pointy rivets on the back and I'm rather annoyed that they didn't source flat ones. All my other jeans have flat ones, but of course that's just 4-5 brands.

Take a hammer and just flatten them yourself if they bother you.

Can someone give me a breakdown of the differences between some Lonewolf Boots Models;

What seperates, the Carpenter, Wireman and Hunter Boots? 

Just the sole and the leather colour? Same last and upper?

Thanks

usually same size on watever model you get. some will have more toebox room some withh be just right but overall fit will be the same

Hello all,

I used to have a pair of boots I loved... an old pair of Dr Marten Dryden Rigger boots.  They looked like this:

207243_ts_zpslhq24ey7.png

They were lsot long ago and I cant find another pair like them.  any ideas on a company that makes something similar?  I like the square toe and the lack of a buckle (like one might see on egineering boots).  The rivets are a nice touch.

Any thoughts?

Edited by jrm

I Need / want to Change my Office wardrobe a bit and am looking into vests that go well with chambrays. I'd prefer a denim or Indigo vest but didn't find much besides the Orgeuil one and a great, but sold out Momotaro vest. It should look rather formal. Any advice / hint would be appreciated.

If wabash is fine, there's always the Sugar Cane wabash vest. If you can find it, SC's moleskin, blanket-lined vest is also quite nice (though it has a high, rounded neck).

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/firstadium/item/10008988/

http://www.jah-haze.co.jp/SHOP/SC13132.html

Pherrow's also has a nice indigo vest:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/firstadium/item/10009923/

Edited by Iron Horse

I'm trying to buy from Mushmans direct (from U.S.) and can't figure out how....possible? Or do I need a proxy?

Thank you.

Edited by apba1166

Anyone aware of a place to get a pair of jeans hemmed in Denver/Boulder?  I jsut bought a pair of Rogue Territory Stantons and will need to get them hemmed. Thanks!

I think Berkeley Supply in Denver started offering hemming services in the Spring. However, their website doesn't have any details. So, you'll probably need to call them.

I think Berkeley Supply in Denver started offering hemming services in the Spring. However, their website doesn't have any details. So, you'll probably need to call them.

Awesome. I'll check them out.  Thanks!

Im looking for a wide leg super straight jeans stove pipe as they say with a high tise around 13 inch at least and a dark denim in light weight say ... 12ozor 13oz

Anybody?

Has anyone who has ordered from 2nd used PayPal to pay? Ive paid already and have yet to get an actual shipping confirmation yet, but rather a series of emails which when translated almost seem like they are waiting for additional info(though another email has assured me, they are not).

Has anyone who has ordered from 2nd used PayPal to pay? Ive paid already and have yet to get an actual shipping confirmation yet, but rather a series of emails which when translated almost seem like they are waiting for additional info(though another email has assured me, they are not).

Yup! About 3 times. Sometimes the delay is 2-3 days from when you pay but the shipping is quick.

Hey made the mistake of having a Japanese shop chain stitch the hem up on some UES 400B and the hemmed 2" too short-anyone have any tricks to get at least and inch or so inseam stretch without goofing up this denim?

Im looking for a wide leg super straight jeans stove pipe as they say with a high tise around 13 inch at least and a dark denim in light weight say ... 12ozor 13oz

Anybody?

Imogene + Willie - Willie Rigid - I had a pair of 33's and sold them because they were too big. They run large. The rise is also higher than they state. The 33's I had were 12.0" front rise and 16.0" back rise. Not sure of the denim maker, but maybe Cone. 

i need an opinion on a new pair of raw denim. I've started lifting at the gym and have gotten bigger thighs. I've been wearing unbranded 121s heavyweight skinny fit which are unwearable anymore due to my grown thighs. I also wear a pair of naked and famous weird guys that I no longer can wear also due to my growth in thighs. Any recommendations of a pair of denim that is tapered/slim with comfy thigh room?

Hey made the mistake of having a Japanese shop chain stitch the hem up on some UES 400B and the hemmed 2" too short-anyone have any tricks to get at least and inch or so inseam stretch without goofing up this denim?

Yup. Wet the leg down from maybe the knee down then stand on one end and pull the other. You may be able to get an inch out of it that way

i need an opinion on a new pair of raw denim. I've started lifting at the gym and have gotten bigger thighs. I've been wearing unbranded 121s heavyweight skinny fit which are unwearable anymore due to my grown thighs. I also wear a pair of naked and famous weird guys that I no longer can wear also due to my growth in thighs. Any recommendations of a pair of denim that is tapered/slim with comfy thigh room?

possibly IH 633S 21oz from SE; or maybe Samurai 710; or maybe FH 3009; or maybe Stevenson 714 Valencia f/ SE - those are the straight tapered models with "normal" thighs that come to mind. Most other straight fit models have wider hem openings. 

I have large-ish thighs and a somewhat small waist, and I like straight tapered cuts. I'm currently wearing IH 634-XHS that I had tapered to a 8.0" hem opening. The 634 cut is a great mid (-to-low IMHO) rise with good room in the thighs without being loose at all. Good range of motion without being restrictive. I wanted a slimmer profile below the knee, like the 633S. 

You're other option is to get any straight cut from any maker you like and get them tapered. Railcar Fine Goods did two pairs for me so far, and their work is top notch. The only issue may be they can't match exactly the thread color, gauge and SPI as the factory does. 

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic