SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Can someone explain how and why humidity and temperature actually changes denim fading progress? I guess there are detailed articles in of pro-denim magazines, but I couldn't google any. I hear a lot about "those lucky asian guys getting sick fades by just brushing their teeth in denim", but can't see any explanation.

well we know that water removes indigo from most denims, so high humidity would basically just be like your jeans being in a half-wash state constantly while you're outside. I think temp is less relevant and just makes you sweat a ton, furthering the fading process.

I sweat like a madman, it's awful!

Can anyone recommend me some options on taking in the waiSt of my jeans? I'd say half to a full inch would be perfect. Right now with my belt pulled all the way they just bunch up and look weird and still end up sagging !

There are plenty of techniques, but basically all of them boil down to this: https://youtu.be/3IYUdSwy1vA This can be a trickier business with really heavy denim though. 

Can anyone recommend me some options on taking in the waiSt of my jeans? I'd say half to a full inch would be perfect. Right now with my belt pulled all the way they just bunch up and look weird and still end up sagging !

Edited by BOPOHA-KAP-KAP

Hey guys, wondering if someone could help me id'ing a pair of Levis LVC. They're from 6/8 years ago approx, 501 with the small XX on top of the 501 number. Limited edition 1180/1345. Back pockets have hidden rivets, no selvedge in the coin pocket, front pockets all rivets exposed, button fly. Selvedge and Capital E tag of course. Sorry but I'm no LVC expert, I just used to buy them roughly 6/8 years ago. Anyone has a clue on style name or value? thanks

EDIT: Photos.

http://imgur.com/BOI9gRj

http://imgur.com/uxfusoe

http://imgur.com/ZDWtNji

Edited by kiblast

Mate, there should be a label on the inside. Should read something like 66501 (year & lot) and then another row should say SX YY (season & year). Should help you out or post an image and we'll be able to decipher it. If you're looking to sell always worth checking whether it was made in US or Turkey, if the latter just don't mention it on the listing!

Edited by unders

Mate, there should be a label on the inside. Should read something like 66501 (year & lot) and then another row should say SX YY (season & year). Should help you out or post an image and we'll be able to decipher it. If you're looking to sell always worth checking whether it was made in US or Turkey, if the latter just don't mention it on the listing!

I know mate, I also know where to check, in the inside of the other LVC I need to sell there's the label that states ''made in USA'' and then ''F3 05''. But in the inside of these ones there is absolutely no tags except from a very small one that reads ''11''. I'm 100% sure they are legit, I purchased them maybe 5 yrs ago from a shop in Rome, one of the finest in the city, they sell (or used to) brands like Tenderloins, LVC, Buzz Rickson, etc. I stopped purchasing Selvedge denim years ago as I was changing weight+ living abroad, I would like to sell the old ones to get some new pairs.

The lack of selvedge on the inside of the coin pocket combined with hidden back pocket rivets makes this pair seem slightly unorthodox and potentially not LVC. All the models that feature hidden rivets have coin pocket selvedge and those with no coin pocket selvedge have bartacked back pockets. Perhaps they are by Levi's Capital E or simply a special Levi's issue.

The lack of selvedge on the inside of the coin pocket combined with hidden back pocket rivets makes this pair seem slightly unorthodox and potentially not LVC. All the models that feature hidden rivets have coin pocket selvedge and those with no coin pocket selvedge have bartacked back pockets. Perhaps they are by Levi's Capital E or simply a special Levi's issue.

Upon closer inspection they have no hidden rivets. I was tricked by the thickness+ discoloration on the backpocket rivets area.

So they're a special levis issue? They're limited to 1345 pairs if that can help id'ing the pair. You have more pics few posts above. Thank you all for your help!

I am a fan of the N&F Weirdguy cut as I like a taper but I find that the thighs/crotch area are slightly too tight and the waist is too big.  Can anyone recommend a good cut for me from either Oni, Samurai, or other brands.  I have been looking at the Samurai 710 and I think Oni has a good taper.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Thanks Bobbo - I didn't realize that all jeans usually provide measurements of waist, thigh, knee, and leg opening.  I will measure a few pairs of jeans that fit me well and compare to the weird guys's.  Hopefully that will help point me in the right direction for some other pairs.  From what rough comparisons I have done the Momotaro natural taper seem like they could be perfect. 

Can someone give me a breakdown of the differences between some Lonewolf Boots Models;

What seperates, the Carpenter, Wireman and Hunter Boots? 

Just the sole and the leather colour? Same last and upper?

Thanks

visvim 04 raw jeans, how the sizing work?

seen some people saying the size 30 waist will stretch to 31.5" and seen some people saying I should go TTS. I'm a true 32, 30 in DH/SLP

Appreciate some advice.

Edited by wanksy

What do you guys prefer on sizing down with APC New Standards? I want a snug fit and just received a tagged size 31. I have a 34 inch waist and a tagged size 31 APC NS is measured at 32 inches in the waist. Is the Sz31 the way to go? I can button these to the top but with a little tight action struggle on the last button.

Seems like you got the right size if they aren't too tight everywhere else.

Does anyone know if any companies use the same pointy type front rivets on the hidden rivets. I noticed my left field greasers have the pointy rivets on the back and I'm rather annoyed that they didn't source flat ones. All my other jeans have flat ones, but of course that's just 4-5 brands.

Edited by givemefive

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic