SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Can anyone think of a typical '66 inspired cut in a sanforised denim?

I know about the '67 505 from LVC and other repro's but the cut is disproportionate - legs too slim for the long rise. Conversely I'm of the belief that with a '66 cut the thighs ought not necessarily be that constrictive, just reflecting a nice taper from the mid thigh through knee to hem yet still having a mid rise.

Suggestions welcomed, cheers.

The resolute zipped model? Can't remember the number.

Joe McCoy 906, but I could get my thighs in a pair.

I tried these on, along with the 301s a while ago at SESF. I don't know, I have some sort of negative attitude towards IH, not enough character maybe? Anyways, I've bitten the bullet and got some 512xx's a few posts up. Should be interesting to see how they fit.

I've felt the same way about IH—I live in SoCal and can't handle their heavy denims, not to mention my preference for unsanforized. been coveting the 555-02s though, I've heard it's one of their "crazier" denims with slub, hair, all the good stuff. Only 18 oz pre-soak as well. Can't get much crazier than onis however. Let us know how you like them, that's another pair on my list

Edit: I know you already got the onis but for future reference I believe xx05 from strike gold has smaller thighs and bigger LO than XX09, perfect for boots.

Edited by lysosome

Howdy Sufu,

I'm looking to replace my SC Hawaii's and Left Field's but can't seem to find a pair of jeans with similar streaks, contrast, texture and indigo at a affordable price range.

Is there a reason why some other brands i've seen cost double or triple in the market with comparable denim to the SC and LF when it comes to this mystical streaky cotton; and why is it rarely used.

Ps: Does anyone know of a brand that uses sashiko-like fabric for jeans or trousers (besides Kapital) in complete indigo similar to Kendo uniform :D

Thanks

Two questions : 1 what avatar can people see on my profile ? all l see is a question mark

2 l uploaded a heap of pictures for an album yesterday and after l pressed the post button l got the Must be approved    

yada yada yada but today the album is empty and no evidence that l ever uploaded them , whats the go ?

You come on here with an egocentric attitude, post the same stuff multiple times and then complain when you don't get an answer instantly. Let me be clear - I negged you not because of your stupid question, but because you gave other people attitude when they asked less annoying questions.  I was nice enough to answer your question, so please do us a favor and drop the attitude.

Honestly, I'm shocked that I'm the first person to have neg-repped you.

First of all. I am new. I didnt know the rules because I didnt read the pinned threads. Oh well my mistake. I know now.

Look at you just finding anything to start flaming away. I came here asking a question. Then was told to post in the right thread. Since I didnt get an answer after a week and a half I decided to ask again. So your saying 10 days is expecting an answer right away? 

I wasnt demanding on anything until I was ignored for more than a week. Look at my posts. Not a single person even said anything till I made that one post where your'e referring me to me being demanding. Please do aware me on where I was giving people attitude in ANY of my posts besides that one posts where I did it to get attention. And in the end it worked because not one person answered it til I did that. 

No one answered which is why I asked again and decided to post in another thread for questions. I'm sure at one point you were new to these forums too. Stupid question or not. This is what this thread is for is it not? In the end. I dont give 2 shits about reputation. I never have on other forums but just find it rediculous you would neg someone just for asking a question even if it is stupid. Put your self in my position if you got ignored for over 10 days and people expect you to search your question in a 500 page thread when its not exactly a couple words. I bet this happens a lot to other people too and you probably go negging away. Get a life seriously.

You realize these threads if they werent 500 pages long you wouldnt have the same questions being asked over and over again.

Edited by showbe

Showbe, don't take it so personal. It's a forum about jeans mate chill out. If I recall your original question correctly its not that  anyone was ignoring you it was probably that no one knew the answer to your question! It's been answered the best of knowledge of the collective group so just move on and wear some jeans! Your responses are just fuelling the flames. 

Edited by Geeman

ls there a tread started yet for 2015 / 2017 denim world championship yet , im interested in doing it and was wondering if there was any dialog between contestants yet .

Semi committed got a tux on order a couple of tees Double XX and am kicking around boots for the trifecta .

Be sure to hop in on the DWC Ironhorse. I think it's going to be pretty fun, and I'm loving that they have a dedicated site, and will have dedicated threads for each contestant.  Might get a little messy, but you can avoid looking at jeans you don't give a shit about! 

Got my LVC 551ZXX back from the Levis tailor shop in NYC yesterday. Pretty well set that these are going to be my jeans for the DWC.  Now, to only wear them once a week through mid April....

Be sure to hop in on the DWC Ironhorse. I think it's going to be pretty fun, and I'm loving that they have a dedicated site, and will have dedicated threads for each contestant. Might get a little messy, but you can avoid looking at jeans you don't give a shit about!

I signed up but don't seem to be able to get through to the forum , do you have to be a paid up competitor to access this area ?

Interesting that you wouldn't look at fade progress on jeans you're not interested in .

I'll look at all fades if they are epic .

Edited by splash pitman

Howdy Sufu,

I'm looking to replace my SC Hawaii's and Left Field's but can't seem to find a pair of jeans with similar streaks, contrast, texture and indigo at a affordable price range.

Is there a reason why some other brands i've seen cost double or triple in the market with comparable denim to the SC and LF when it comes to this mystical streaky cotton; and why is it rarely used.

Ps: Does anyone know of a brand that uses sashiko-like fabric for jeans or trousers (besides Kapital) in complete indigo similar to Kendo uniform :D

Thanks

Howdy Sufuers,

I'm after some mid or high rise slim fitting jeans.

It seems to be most modern cuts are low rises.

When sites show low/mid rise, does that indicate

the measurement of front and back rise?

Thanks

Left field greasers, bybeatle vol. 1, oni 527, TFH 3102. Whenever you see 'rise' mentioned, it's usually front rise.

I have 2 pairs of jeans from the same company. Both are made with approx 13.5-14oz cone mills denim, but the denims could not be more different. One pair is classic, stiff starchy cone mills, in a deep blue, almost blackish indigo. The other is a bit unusual. Has been butter soft since day one, almost no break in required, creases took a little while to set in, but most of all the colour is unusual. It's still a deep blue indigo, but is much more vivid and electric than almost any other raw denim I've seen. I will try and take some comparison pics. My question is, how many different 14oz selvage denims do cone mills make, and anyone have any idea what the second type could be? Cheers

I'm curious if anyone knows of any great green-cast denim. The Stevensons I have now are pretty much exactly the color I'm going for, and I'm hoping to find something similar in a slightly looser fit for DWC.

Edited by chicote

Does thick leather patches warp in the dryer?

I found that my sda patch warps on the edges whereas my samurais come out unscathed.

The physical difference i noticed on both patches, the sda feels like cardboard whereas the samurais are quite soft.

SDA patches on their standard models are quite thin and stiff. If you treat them with a leather oil or conditioner, it should give them some protection in the washer and drier although if you expose them to too much heat, they will warp or turn to jerky.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic