SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Anyone remember who posted a few pics of the aftermath of a spin cycle on some denim? The guy had a few pairs hanging outside and one was machine dried and had some vertical streaking. I've been wanting to archive it to show examples of what happens if you spin cycle. I think it was in one of the stickied threads, but I couldn't find it.

Does spin cycle mean in the washer when it's being swung around and basically sticks to the sides of the washer due to the force?  If so, I can tell you I've washed my jeans many times and had to peel them off every time.  Never any streaks.

As long as you turn your jeans inside out and do not use a really aggressive spin cycle (I stick with 500 rpm or under), you shouldn't have any adverse effects from this part of machine washing.

I have started putting my jeans in with a regular dark wash because I don't like wasting water by washing jeans on their own and this I presume gives protection against damage from the sides of the drum. Everything is in small laundry bags for extra protection too.

hmm I haven't noticed any streaking even with tumble dry when I turn it inside out. I've def seen some where it wasn't inside out and there are some funky lines.

Edited by youngofthesoonest

This is probably a hangover from my designer days but to be fair, I've always been interested in brands, designs and logos. Example: When I was a pup, I chose my football team (no small decision to an English kid) based on who's crest I liked best. It was a happy coincidence that this was also the team whose ground I was born less than a mile from, in the area where I lived for most of my life and I have never regretted this decision.

Subsequently a very important detail for me is the patch.

My question is this; can a sewn on patch (such as found on samurai, pbj etc) be altered in order to allow a belt to go under rather than over (such as 3sixteen, iron heart etc)?

Being thinner leather than the 'over the belt' patches, would they need to be attached to a thicker piece of leather perhaps? Is that even possible?

I am well aware that some may find the idea at best pointless and perhaps even disrespectful to the original design, but hey - vive le difference, right? :-)

Edited to correct (some of) the pants grammar....

Edited by Artisandenim

I was window shopping today (tax time whoo!) for some new denim. I was looking at the Fullcount 1101's or 1108's. I noticed they are significantly cheaper on OD than on BiG - just wondering if there is a difference I'm not seeing that warrants such a big price difference between the two shops. I've bought from Gordon in the past, and he's a great guy who I would love to do business with. But for almost $100 less, I think I would have to go with Okayama for this purchase. Any input from the experts?

I was window shopping today (tax time whoo!) for some new denim. I was looking at the Fullcount 1101's or 1108's. I noticed they are significantly cheaper on OD than on BiG - just wondering if there is a difference I'm not seeing that warrants such a big price difference between the two shops. I've bought from Gordon in the past, and he's a great guy who I would love to do business with. But for almost $100 less, I think I would have to go with Okayama for this purchase. Any input from the experts?

OD/Denimio/Rakuten/proxy services are all based in Japan where FC is based. These shops don't have to pay import fees, VAT, other taxes, and then make a profit on top of all of those, so the price is cheaper. I support buying straight from Japan for these reasons, but a lot of people like to buy from BiG/SE/BO so that we can have shops like that in the US, and because they generally provide a better customer experience. It's just up to you whether the price difference is worth it. In the end you're getting the same product.

Edited by mp201

What about American made brands which cost just as much as imported Japanese brands.

Production costs are a lot more expensive here, and most MIUSA brands are relatively new and don't have their costs as low as possible.

Edited by mp201

Unfortunately I had to sell my ONI 512xx's as the fit wasn't what I wanted. I know the denim is one of a kind, but are there any slim tapered denim that has anything close to that texture? I'm probably just going to end up proxying some 527's, but just wanted to weigh my options.

Unfortunately I had to sell my ONI 512xx's as the fit wasn't what I wanted. I know the denim is one of a kind, but are there any slim tapered denim that has anything close to that texture? I'm probably just going to end up proxying some 527's, but just wanted to weigh my options.

strike gold 5109 is a slim taper and a very unique texture. Not quite like Onis from what I know of the brand, but definitely crazy in its own right. I've also heard PBJ has quite the texture... xx-013 would probably be your best bet from them

Elhaus 21oz fades anyone , they look interesting , the fits iv seen look nice but l just hit dead ends when it comes to the fades and wear marks .

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic