SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Good shout Bobbo.

They are unsanforised, but still kinda what I was aiming at in terms of the fabric. Mich posted his pair here - it might just be me but the denim looks similar to the Resolute 710 fabric?

Yeah, I see the resemblance post-soak. Most impressed by how much the denim changed from pre-soak to post-soak. Completely different look to it.

Hoggy, just picked up a pair of LVC 551ZXX on clearance from mr porter. They're exactly what you're looking for. But, don't buy them unless you can get them 30 or more % off. They are not worth the $260 most places are asking.

Been thinking about selling the 78s. Too much thigh and not enough rise.

Not sure why the 551ZXX isn't a popular style. Probably the zip. Only company other than levis in know making a copy is the Warehouse 1105. If you want a pair of the LVCs, you'd probably want a 33. They measure 1/2 to 1" over tagged, and don't shrink.

As far as I know, the denim used in the current 551zxx is Cone. A sanforized version of the denim used for the '54 501zxx. I don't believe it's as heavy as advertised (over 14oz), though all lvc denim feels light to me when compared to similar weight japanese denim.

Can anyone think of a typical '66 inspired cut in a sanforised denim? 

I know about the '67 505 from LVC and other repro's but the cut is disproportionate - legs too slim for the long rise. Conversely I'm of the belief that with a '66 cut the thighs ought not necessarily be that constrictive, just reflecting a nice taper from the mid thigh through knee to hem yet still having a mid rise.  

Suggestions welcomed, cheers.

H, you may achieve this look with a pair of appropriately sized down Edwin Nashvilles.

Is anyone able to tell me if theres' an actual difference in terms of design between the McCoys Monkey Boots and the Lone Wolf Carpenter & Wireman Boots

Are they for intents and purposes the same boot - meant to be the same thing, (execution of production etc aside).

I have also seen Wireman type boots from other brands i.e Lofgren - Donkey puncher, and so on, are they all versions of the same design/style or am I missing something?

Thanks

Edited by UkeNo

Can someone explain the sizing on these 512xx(be?) from Rakuten? I've never seen them on here before. Maybe one-wash sizing?

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hinoya/item/oni-512xxbe/

most likely one wash, judging by the patch, texture, etc. (and the measurements)

should i have my raw denim hemmed before or after i have worn them for a little bit / the stacks have settled in?

If they're sanforized it doesn't really matter. I would wait a bit to see what length is perfect for you.

Okay, I thought I had my choices for my next impulse buy down, but apparently I was mistaken.

I'm hoping I'm missing some brands seeing as the rawrdenim scout isn't helping much. Looking for:

31"w

10-11" thigh

7-7.25" leg opening

unsanforized

arculates

The closest I've come is TFH-3002 and SG1109/5109. The thighs are way too big though. I'm skinny and wanting a straighter fit but still some thigh 'definition'. Also considering oni 512xx, but I'm afraid the leg opening is way too small for boots.

Edited by mp201

just off the top of my head - you might look at the IH-555-02's. they seem to fit your criteria for the most part. the arc's are blue but still present.

I tried these on, along with the 301s a while ago at SESF. I don't know, I have some sort of negative attitude towards IH, not enough character maybe? Anyways, I've bitten the bullet and got some 512xx's a few posts up. Should be interesting to see how they fit.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic