SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Get a white blanket or white sheets, make sure there's plenty of indirect light - an external flash pointed at the ceiling in some distance to the jeans would work best, but something like a halogen lamp will work, too. Lacking a tripod, place the camera on something firm and maybe use the timer so you don't have to push any buttons (and risk shaking the camera in the process). You can take decent pictures with almost any camera as long as there's plenty indirect light and the camera is held steady.

Edited by Cucoo

I'm wondering what kind of experience folks have had with left hand twill in terms of roping? I have some kmw 1950's hemmed at blue owl last year and have put a good amount of wear on them and washed at least 4 times and maybe even a soak in there, I don't quite remember. Sanforized so not much shrink. But pretty much zero roping for this stage of wear. All I can think is the left hand twill must go in the same direction of the machine as it chainstitches, where as with right hand twill you are going against? Is this the case? I'm not even sure this makes sense, but maybe someone can enlighten me. Cheers!

^^ Re LHT roping.

The only worn LHT pair I have are my Ande Whall SR7s. For reference, these are sanforized and Ande doesn't use a Union Special for hemming, however, he does pull the hem sideways when using the lockstitch machine, which usually results in excellent roping, which is apparent in my (grey) SR10s after just 1 wash. My SR7s are not exhibiting much in the way of roping though, after 3 washes and a soak, so you may have a point about the direction of the twill in relation to the hem stitching.

Seconded - I think Oni is a very underrated brand.

I have handled a few pairs in different cuts & weights and think they are very impressive.

The fabrics are second to non - possibly my favourites. The slub is incredible.

I'll be buying some when I next need a new pair.

Would like to see the ONI thread more active.

I love the Oni denim and would love to get a pair, but I believe only Blue in Green sells them?? I too am hoping to snag a pair someday, but gotta work through my Deep Blue Monsters and 3Sixteen denim first. haha 

That's a great resource Hogg.

I have seen a good few pairs in Japan - some with some err, ahem, interesting arcs and mostly one wash. However there are more cuts available than in BIG or Son of a Stag.

There are a couple of well stocked Rakuten Stores that have Raw models.

Frisbee is one: http://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?k=Oni&sid=frisbee&l-id=gs_product_search

From what I've seen they've just recently received this year/seasons(?) stock.

We should all make a concerted effort to buy some and build some (unnecessary) Hype ;)

Edited by UkeNo

I do have a pair of Oni 0277. The fit is nice and comfy, construction is also good. The denim is just too slubby for my (current) taste. 

I suppose it's easy for people who wants to try out slubby denim to choose a brand with more backing and hype around it like Samurai.

Probably just the usual deal, haven't hit the hype wagon and few people are interested in unless everyones talking about them. Or sold by SE  :D

Construction appears as solid as any of the good Japanese brands from a brief look at a pair. The fabric I saw was amazing.

Here's my 'secret' Oni link, they are available in so many more cuts and models than I think people realise.

http://www.kidana.com/oni%20denim/

http://www.kidana.com/oni%20denim/index.htm

you are my hero.  Thank you!

I'm about to pick up a pair of Kamikaze Attack jeans from Tate & Yoko. Does anyone have any feedback on these (construction quality, fading properties, etc.)? It doesn't seem like there's much info on them here on SD. I'm just wondering how they compare to IH, TFH, etc. in terms of quality.

Hi, I have a pair of flat head 1001's. I would like to get a slight taper from the knee down just to make for a more tidy look. I usually like a straight leg cut but this cut seems to flair at the opening. Does anyone have a suggestion on a place I could send them for a proper/trustworthy taper and chain stitch? Thank you! 

The first thing that came to mind was the PBJ pop ups, though it's more of an electric blue rather than a teal.

http://www.denimio.com/pure-blue-japan-xx-020-14oz-pop-up-denim-tapered-slim.html?___SID=U

ah that looks kool, i'll add to the list. Hopefully they will have those at the pure blue japan store in tokyo when i go there next month.

Will still be on lookout for japanese jeans with teal/turquiose fade. Not sure if something like that even exists within japanese brands

Hello all, please kindly help me for the sizing of Samurai S710xx, i've never worn any unsanforized denim before  :unsure:

I was confused on should I go true to size based on the waist, or should I size down, my waist size is around 30" or 76cm, but I usually wear 28 or 29 size jeans, tag sized 30 would go too big for me. My leg is quite slim in term of proportion I think.

for preference, I will give a fit example of the jeans I'm currently using, a local brand of my country, sanforized, around 14-15oz, here is.

Initial fit pic :

IMG_25152_zps561c3486.jpg

IMG_25162_zps62e4246a.jpg

IMG_25172_zps03e4026a.jpg

How it fits me now:

IMG_9413_zps2ace5321.jpg

IMG_9414_zps5d749bb1.jpg

IMG_9415_zps6bade518.jpg

as you guys can see there's plenty of room on the back, on the top block and down my leg. 

anyway here's the size chart of my jeans : Tag Size 29, waist 30", thigh 11", knee 7.7", hem 7.3". (before any soaks or washes). with this size, I still got a few room on my thigh and around the backpocket, shown in the initial fitpic.

I've seen some fitpics of s710xx that fits the wearer not too tight but neat, it looks slim rather than slim straight, I wonder if I can achieve that kind of look and how do I size?

thanks in advance  :)

forgive me for many pictures, I don't know how to use spoilers here.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic